Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JeremysCrap011-1.jpg

Well I found a picture of unpainted one and I think it's pretty good.
Trevor agrees with me

Man, that Arnie headsculpt is great. I really love seeing it painted up by Les too.

Trev

The head showed up today and it is awesome. It came attached to a dragon body, which I might keep it on. The head is made of a vinyl like material and he told me to paint it with acrylics ONLY!. Enamels (or the paint thinner; can't quite remember) will damage the head.

If you want the man's contact info, please PM. I have his permission to give it out.

JeremysCrap011-1.jpg

This is much better than the HT Indy sculpt or that tuxedo Indy sculpt. Thanks for pointing this out.

That unpainted sculpt looks good, but it's not as nice as Trevor's hatless sculpt and Spenser's beats it too. Whatever, they are better than the DX where 'pretty good' isn't going to cut it.

CHEERS!

Not crazy about the unpainted sculpt. I think Trevor was just being a nice guy. Shows you how gracious and respectful Trev is.

Not crazy about the unpainted sculpt. I think Trevor was just being a nice guy. Shows you how gracious and respectful Trev is.

I think Trevor's comment is a little over the top for just being gracious.
As for Spencer's sculpt, I think he's done a good job, but do I think it's better than Hot Toys DX? No sorry I honestly don't think that it is.

It'd be good to see both painted by other people. My SSC one looks good under artificial light, but looks terrible in natural light. I guess that's what it was like for any of the traditional special effects stuff.

Look at Chris Walas's sculpt of Belloq from ROTLA, when he's sculpting it it looks awful, but, for the brief time it's on screen you hardly notice it. His skewered Satipo didn't look a thing like Alfred Molina, but most people were too busy grossing out to notice.

With figures though, you have all the time in the world to study them, so if something looks off it's hard to live with.

CHEERS!

For craps & giggles I'd love to see a raw casting of Trevor's Indy head painted by Hot Toys.

It's the superior sculpt, but Sideshow's paint (even on the prototype) makes it a wash.

Yes, Trevor's sculpt is badass and the gold standard, but the resulting Sideshow head is achingly mediocre. It takes a lot of effort and/or $$ to restore it to its proper glory. Even compared to the much-maligned Hot Toys one the Sideshow Indy head comes out of the box looking like a wax mannequin with Down's Syndrome.

For craps & giggles I'd love to see a raw casting of Trevor's Indy head painted by Hot Toys.

It's the superior sculpt, but Sideshow's paint (even on the prototype) makes it a wash.

Yes, Trevor's sculpt is badass and the gold standard, but the resulting Sideshow head is achingly mediocre. It takes a lot of effort and/or $$ to restore it to its proper glory. Even compared to the much-maligned Hot Toys one the Sideshow Indy head comes out of the box looking like a wax mannequin with Down's Syndrome.

At least it still looks like Indy, though. :lol:nana:

I think a man of your intelligence could come up with a better simile.

Yes, because there is no such thing as "Down's Syndrome".

hopefully hot toys fixes this a little before they release it. it looks ok but could be much better.

I'm really interested in kitbashing Indy w/ the pieces I have from Sideshow's version and Toys McCoy's version. I would rather go w/ a custom Indy head sculpt instead of investing in HT's Indy if the head sculpt is going to be so off. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've seen the names "Spencer", and "Trevor" being mentioned on the boards, but does anyone have a way to contact them if they are still turning out product. If anyone could please PM me w/ info, it would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back