Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested in kitbashing Indy w/ the pieces I have from Sideshow's version and Toys McCoy's version. I would rather go w/ a custom Indy head sculpt instead of investing in HT's Indy if the head sculpt is going to be so off. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've seen the names "Spencer", and "Trevor" being mentioned on the boards, but does anyone have a way to contact them if they are still turning out product. If anyone could please PM me w/ info, it would be greatly appreciated!

When they refer to Trevor's, they are referring to the first Indy SSC put out. It just needs a repaint and it is a most excellent head sculpt.

That it is. I believe Spenser is taking orders in the commerce section of this forum. Both are certainly better than any Indy head Arnie has done.

CHEERS!

I don't understand HT. They have artists ON STAFF. Why are they floundering over one meh Arnie Kim sculpt?

They should be able to say "We're doing an Indiana Jones, and whoever does the best sculpt will be chosen"

I don't understand HT. They have artists ON STAFF. Why are they floundering over one meh Arnie Kim sculpt?

They should be able to say "We're doing an Indiana Jones, and whoever does the best sculpt will be chosen"

Probably because they can't afford to have all their sculptors working on one portrait, they need to spread their resources among their various projects.

Probably because they can't afford to have all their sculptors working on one portrait, they need to spread their resources among their various projects.

:lecture Exactly. Unfortunately that's how the business works. They probably figure Indy will sell no matter what, and if they alienate a few extra fussy nit-pickers (like me), it's a loss they're willing to take over having to pay more sculptors to give Indy a shot. But most likely it will sell out anyway and they can just :nana: all the naysayers out there.

>> "they need to spread their resources among their various projects."

Then why would they line Kim up with 3 DX figures in a row? (B.Lee, Supes, Indy)

They have indeed placed their eggs in one basket.

>> "they need to spread their resources among their various projects."

Then why would they line Kim up with 3 DX figures in a row? (B.Lee, Supes, Indy)

They have indeed placed their eggs in one basket.

Because Kim can sculpt the hell out of Lee. That's one of the ones he usually does near, if not perfect. Unfortunately, being highly overrated, they also gave him two more flagship licenses and he's dropped the ball on one already. I'm fearful of what Reeve might wind up looking like. They should just hit him up for Lees and pass Indy and Reeve back to the office staff who'd likely do a much better job anyway.

Kojun did the head sculpts for Mech Test Tony and Whiplash. Both are outstanding likenesses. HT has other options.

My guess is the reason we havent seen the DX Superman yet, is because of HT and Arnie going back and fixing the Indy sculpt. Hence the delay with Superman.

I hope you're right. It's been so long since we've seen anything new that I'm inclined to believe they're making relatively substantial changes. Of course, they could also be doing nothing...

I hope you're right. It's been so long since we've seen anything new that I'm inclined to believe they're making relatively substantial changes. Of course, they could also be doing nothing...

Arnie commented on his facebook page stating he is fixing the sculpt and that "not to worry he will do his best to give us the best Indy".

I think HT jumped the gun on announcing Reeve Superman, I dont think they counted on the huge negative response to Indy that they have gotten, so they probably panicked and got Arnie back on sculpting Indy again, instead of moving ahead onto Reeve Superman. Just my guessing though. Would explain the long wait on Reeve.

Why does Arnie need to do Superman anyway?
Theres no previous history with the character so give it to someone else.
I wonder if HT has "buyers remorse" with bringing Kim on board.
Has he ever done anything mind blowing other than Bruce Lee?
Who did Jack Bauer for Enterbay? Thats who HT shouldve hired.
At least that guy can do Caucasians.

Why does Arnie need to do Superman anyway?
Theres no previous history with the character so give it to someone else.
I wonder if HT has "buyers remorse" with bringing Kim on board.
Has he ever done anything mind blowing other than Bruce Lee?
Who did Jack Bauer for Enterbay? Thats who HT shouldve hired.
At least that guy can do Caucasians.

Not exactly sure why Arnie was put on Reeve Superman. Personally I think Yulli could have done Reeve Superman.

My guess is the reason we havent seen the DX Superman yet, is because of HT and Arnie going back and fixing the Indy sculpt. Hence the delay with Superman.
Probably, that Indy sculpt is very bad, don´t take me wrong, great quality, but it does not look like Indy. Trevors or Spensers are way better.

They certainly are, and Trevor and Spenser would probably have been cheaper to hire than Arnie. I don't think he's employed by them as he still does stuff for Enterbay.

Had HT gone 'in house' they could have had Indy nailed months ago. Just because people are pre-ordering doesn't mean they're happy with him as is, they're hoping for improvements and are merely guaranteeing themselves a figure when the dust settles.

CHEERS!

They certainly are, and Trevor and Spenser would probably have been cheaper to hire than Arnie. I don't think he's employed by them as he still does stuff for Enterbay.

Had HT gone 'in house' they could have had Indy nailed months ago. Just because people are pre-ordering doesn't mean they're happy with him as is, they're hoping for improvements and are merely guaranteeing themselves a figure when the dust settles.

CHEERS!

Money talks. It's foolish to think HT will think otherwise. :lol

Not been in this thread since seeing the Indy reveal in December.

What % of people are disappointed with Indy? Or is everyone happy here:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back