Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, decided to cancel the pre-order from BBTS. Maybe if we see some reworked pics I'll change my mind, but right now, I just can't justify it at that price.

Good on you and anyone else who cancels and lets HT know this is a license they shouldn't just phone in.

:goodpost:

Yeah, the sad reality is A LOT of people preorded him and will follow through on the purchase even at the price point and the lack of resemblance to Ford. :cuckoo:

M.

:goodpost:

Yeah, the sad reality is A LOT of people preorded him and will follow through on the purchase even at the price point and the lack of resemblance to Ford. :cuckoo:

M.

I will lose my 50 dollars if i cancel so I can just as well wait and see what happens with the sculpt, and the rest.

This one might take the cake. And the icing. It rivals the Batman and Aliens/Predator HT threads for ass-showing.

Never even preordered this one. If they are gonna charge an outrageous price, they gotta make sure the figure looks unbelievable.

This one does look phoned in

This one might take the cake. And the icing. It rivals the Batman and Aliens/Predator HT threads for ass-showing.

Probably because this is overall Hot Toys worst figure since V.1 Joker.

And at least we didn't already have 5 versions of Heath's Joker then that it failed to top at more then double the price.

Probably because this is overall Hot Toys worst figure since V.1 Joker.

And at least we didn't already have 5 versions of Heath's Joker then that it failed to top at more then double the price.

Yup :lecture And of all the licenses to epically fail...

At least they nailed Barney Riso, or whatever the ____ his name is.

I completely understand being disappointed in what we've seen of this figure so far (especially at the price) but some of these statements are simply over-the-top, bordering on (and sometimes way past) hyperbole and makes me think some of you have lost perspective. It's like you can't even be rational about it.

I completely understand being disappointed in what we've seen of this figure so far (especially at the price) but some of these statements are simply over-the-top, bordering on (and sometimes way past) hyperbole and makes me think some of you have lost perspective. It's like you can't even be rational about it.

:exactly:
I completely agree!! And very surprised about it!!
:lol

I'm not surprised. Apart from all the issues with the figure itself, I get the feeling that this has become the embodiment of where people don't want this hobby to go - outrageously overpriced and hopelessly underdone.

There seems to be a feeling in this thread that if folks fork out for something as obviously short of the mark as this, it'll encourage HT to escalate their price point and lower their yardstick for quality.

Personally I doubt HT are sitting around their office telling their marketers to go ahead and jack the prices on all upcoming figures by 20% and telling their artists not to worry about refining their work because collectors are suckers, but perhaps some people here are imagining just that.

Everything has steadily gone up for the past couple of releases.

From $150 to $180.

Then $200. But muscle bodies and increasing quality let us say ok.

Now they want $250 for something that has decreased in qaulity in almost every way. Reused body, baggy poor fitting clothes, off headsculpt.

This is THe End. They have bottomed out in terms of quality. Compared to the Mk.4 or T-800s right now, they can't really go forward. Where would you go? What do you improve? Sculpts, paint, clothing all peaked.

And yet were being asked for more money.

No.

I've said this before, but an HT figure with this many goodies at $250 is no worse a bargain than a Sideshow Joe at $135, IMO. Prices are outrageous all over, but I think Hot Toys are still going for what they are worth relatively speaking, considering quality. They're right near what Medicom is trying to charge for figures 1/5 the level of goodness.

If people want to complain about Indy's price, blame the license and all the middle men (including Sideshow) that seem to be taking a cut--as that apparently is the biggest factor impacting price. I don't know how else to understand DX Bruce Lee being released for $50 less.

If you are not simply arguing about price and are instead suggesting that you would be happy to pay $250 if this Indy lived up to your expectations from HT, then that's a different story. I do think HT can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back