Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not simply arguing about price and are instead suggesting that you would be happy to pay $250 if this Indy lived up to your expectations from HT, then that's a different story. I do think HT can do better.

I'm saying it's both. This hasn't lived up to previous figures and yet it's even more.

The figure could come with real nazi gold but I'm buying an Indiana Jones figure, not an Idol Pedastol with Indy accessory.

I've said this before, but an HT figure with this many goodies at $250 is no worse a bargain than a Sideshow Joe at $135, IMO. Prices are outrageous all over, but I think Hot Toys are still going for what they are worth relatively speaking, considering quality. They're right near what Medicom is trying to charge for figures 1/5 the level of goodness.

If people want to complain about Indy's price, blame the license and all the middle men (including Sideshow) that seem to be taking a cut--as that apparently is the biggest factor impacting price. I don't know how else to understand DX Bruce Lee being released for $50 less.

If you are not simply arguing about price and are instead suggesting that you would be happy to pay $250 if this Indy lived up to your expectations from HT, then that's a different story. I do think HT can do better.

I think that's what we're ALL saying! :lecture

Yes, from what I've read in this thread it'd seem that folks'd be more than happy to pay this money if the figure was up to par. I know I would anyway.

Indeed. It's not like we don't fork out for PF statues etc. I don't have a problem paying for quality Indy stuff. I do have a problem paying for inferior product. I actually think you get quite a lot of stuff with this release, but like many others I'd rather have a top quality headsculpt and costume than a poor sculpt and loads of extras.

In an ideal world prices wouldn't go up but yeah I'd pay that price if the figure was at least close to perfect straight from box.

If that's the case, then I don't know that price should be in the discussion at all, but it has popped up many times and from my observations, has been a big reason why people are turned off--talking about how HT keeps jacking up prices and whatnot.

If it was just the figure, decent headsculpt and all, I wouldn't object to the current $150-$180 that HT are asking (which I do think is high, but it is Indy!). But a decent headsculpt, great costume, loads of extras, idol base, second costume etc. is something I would be prepared to pay $250 for as a one-off.

The rising prices of HT is another issue, but I think it is the poor quality of this particular offering that has upset so many people. Pricing it so high on top of that just seems to be taking the piss!

If that's the case, then I don't know that price should be in the discussion at all, but it has popped up many times and from my observations, has been a big reason why people are turned off--talking about how HT keeps jacking up prices and whatnot.

It's the price in direct correlation with the quality. Of course most of us here don't like the rising prices, but we would all be willing to pay if the figure was 100% perfect, which we know HT is capable of. Unfortunately, HT let us down this time. I mean really. Out of all the figures to mess up, it had to be Indy! :gah:

This all works conversely too. If the figure was much more reasonably priced, like ~$150 or so, we'd all be much more forgiving of the figure's shortcomings. At least I would.

It's the price in direct correlation with the quality. Of course most of us here don't like the rising prices, but we would all be willing to pay if the figure was 100% perfect, which we know HT is capable of. Unfortunately, HT let us down this time. I mean really. Out of all the figures to mess up, it had to be Indy! :gah:

This all works conversely too. If the figure was much more reasonably priced, like ~$150 or so, we'd all be much more forgiving of the figure's shortcomings. At least I would.

I don't think so, it's a pattern... people will complain no matter the price... every other Sideshow or Hot Toys figure is obsessively over-analyzed by fans... :dunno
Same thing happened with SS's Indy despite having a "dead-on" sculpt.

The difference is that Indy is a very popular character... that's why we get the impression that more people are crying foul on this figure.

Besides once the negativity spreads, it becomes a consensus.
Negativity is contagious...

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-10/uocp-nic100407.php

I think that's what we're ALL saying! :lecture

That's perfectly fine. But the people calling it an "epic failure" and comparing it to Hasbro figures and spouting other such hyperbolic canards just sound like petty goobers.

Also, I disagree with Deckard that Hot Toys has "peaked" already. They're always finding new ways to break new ground with 1:6 engineering. They'll likely continue pushing that envelope. But of course you can't expect every figure to top the last.

That's perfectly fine. But the people calling it an "epic failure" and comparing it to Hasbro figures and spouting other such hyperbolic canards just sound like petty goobers.

Hmmm... :lol

All I know is if ANY kind of Destro figure comes out what that dull silver as his mask/helmet color instead of actual chrome it will be a "mega-fail" and "easy pass".

:monkey1:rotfl

:dunno Not the same, sir. The point is despite the hefty price tag this will still be the best 1:6 Indy figure out of the box, yet the portrayal is that it's the worst.

And I'd hardly call for a jihad if that happened with Sideshow's JOE stuff, anyway. It would just be a huge and obvious dropped ball.

But there are people in this thread who truly despise this Hot Toys Indy figure with every fiber of their being. :lol

BTW, I assume TheNam is banned again? He's not weighed in on this thread for a couple days now. :lol

:dunno Not the same, sir. The point is despite the hefty price tag this will still be the best 1:6 Indy figure out of the box, yet the portrayal is that it's the worst.

And I'd hardly call for a jihad if that happened with Sideshow's JOE stuff, anyway. It would just be a huge and obvious dropped ball.

But there are people in this thread who truly despise this Hot Toys Indy figure with every fiber of their being. :lol

Hey man... just had to bust your chops a bit.

But your point is well taken... this thread, the Superman thread and many others just become pointless and ridiculous.

BTW, I assume TheNam is banned again? He's not weighed in on this thread for a couple days now. :lol

We can only hope :lol

Carl I'm saying for this price range they have peaked.

To go somewhere from here is going to require some really innovative stuff. What else can they improve aside from body, sculpt, paint, and outift?

They'd have to make them talk and walk around like Small Soldiers to justify another hundred dollar jump from here which is pretty much where we are compared to about a year ago/two years ago.

I don't despise it. I'm disappointed with the resemblance to Ford, but it is closer than the Medicom Raiders headsculpt. I just think it tries to justify a DX price tag with pack in accessories and PERs.

But your point is well taken... this thread, the Superman thread and many others just become pointless and ridiculous.
Unless being ridiculous. . .is. . .the point. . .

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XF2ayWcJfxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back