Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with this pic though is the angle is from above, so the bottom looks like its closer to the ground than it is. I think the cape should be about 3 cm longer. I'm considering putting the cape UNDER the neck joint and not over, wondering if it will cause it to sit lower?

Yeah, that's the pic I was copying.

The way the cape folds into itself can make it seem a little shorter than it actually is. It's also very stretchy, so you can stretch it out to make it a bit longer. On Batman's right side, you can't see it very well, it almost reaches the floor. It's really all about how you drape the cape. You'll see what I mean in hand. Here's a shot that shows the bottom a little better. I will say that it could stand being a wee bit longer, but it's a non-issue for me.

IMG_20130228_070614_765_zpse26da814.jpg

Last edited:
That's an awesome display and I love the poses. :clap

This is the current pose of mine at the moment from a lower angle. I'm gonna try and take some more pics tonight.

D77E4840-C622-4C9E-A9AA-EC4E2BDFEBF6-2470-000000B3926B5AA4_zps12ca0808.jpg

Also for those looking, I have a spare DX09 for sale/trade if anyone is looking. Wanted to do a battle damaged Batman but I can't bring myself to do it. Don't think I have the skill for it and if I screw up he'd be a spare part Batman. PM me if your interested!

Yeah, that's the pic I was copying.

The way the cape folds into itself can make it seem a little shorter than it actually is. It's also very stretchy, so you can stretch it out to make it a bit longer. On Batman's right side, you can't see it very well, it almost reaches the floor. It's really all about how you drape the cape. You'll see what I mean in hand. Here's a shot that shows the bottom a little better. I will say that it could stand being a wee bit longer, but it's a non-issue for me.

IMG_20130228_070614_765_zpse26da814.jpg

I just can't get past how irritable the short cape gets me, mine looks like Crows pic, totally awesome from the ankles up and then just too short otherwise. Such an annoying thing to fixate on because ofherwise i was kind of blown away with the cape other than the fact that the marerial might be a tad too smooth and it might fold under the symbol on his chest too much (its not open enough in the front) its insane quality and so well made. found that tugging and stretching brought it closer to be floor but within a min it stretches right back.

I might go back to my de threaded hot toys cape but it wouldn't have been my first choice. A short cape on batman just seems so Adam west-y to me :(

Opinions... Is it just me or is Tonys very awesome otherwise, cape too short?

He did a great job, I just think its a bit too short

I thought this the first time I saw his custom cape. Wasn't sure about it at first because it looked quite short. But I'm sure I remember him saying he made them like that due to lack of material or something. I could be wrong but I thought I remembered him saying that before.

That said, after seeing a few more pics I realised that it really does look awesome and ordered one. Just waiting for it to arrive, then I can display my dx09. Been boxed up since it was first released as I couldn't deal with the stock cape.

I agree that I thought they looked a bit short too, but it hangs so nicely that I don't think it detracts on how much it improves the figure.

Ok, I just recived Tony's cape... It's amazing!!!
here's some HT cape futz, that take me almost 3 hrs, not so bad, but really hard...

DSC00200.jpg

and here's tonys cape, in less than a minute futz

70e89ab3-fe1e-448b-9652-9515e7c92925_zps9c1b44c5.jpg

DSC01221_zps309870c6.jpg

DSC01222_zpse39b19e8.jpg

f32fe79c-e378-4ed6-9392-9c9f8258314b_zps7ff1182b.jpg

the best of all is that you can change your figure pose, no worring to mess the cape futz, cause it's so easy to get it right!
The cape touches the floor, just like the HT one, you just have to stretch it on the shoulders before you put the head on.

this is what our current cape looks like, should we revise a Version 2.0?

First people say they cant see the "WWW", then its too short, LOL. we do our best to please everyone, but do give us time to improve ourselves along with everyone's expectation. we would like to make it as accurate as possible too :)

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5378072#post5378072

Back