Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But his shoulder is raised in that bottom pic, and the top pick he's holding up Joker so his arms are also raised.

Even with shoulder raised on bottom pic the rear scallop is almost touching the ground.

I would say "near" accurate. :lol

You mean where he's talking into the Batmobile remote? His left arm isn't up and the cape isn't going past his foot.

But his shoulder is raised in that bottom pic, and the top pick he's holding up Joker so his arms are also raised.

. :lol

YUp two very biased pics to judge off of.

The scalops should be touching the ground and the curving portion should sit a bit lower as well, basically it should all just be a bit longer, it's closeish, but far off enough that it's sort of killing it for me. Then when you do the raised arm for the figure or the shoulder fold look it REALLY looks short :(

I want to reiterate how awesome I think Tony's work is I don't want him and Crystal to get frustrated.

I have a suspicion a few of the ones who voted no to a 2.0 agree it's a bit too short but don't want to think about dropping another 50 bucks on a new cape. (I can understand that too but I'm OCD and therefore can't just accept things too well :D)

Yeah, I would buy a longer cape, at least with the scallop tips just touching the ground and I would pose him into raised scallops if I wanted that effect.

Beautiful cape nonetheless.

That being said :lol DiFabio is probably right though.

Exhibit B:

Neca with arms down to his sides.

NECA-Batman-Michael-Keaton-2.jpg

How about this, is this biased?

Yeah, the cape is folded back over the shoulders, but look at the sides and back, the scallops aren't past the feet either, just like the Tony Meis cape.

batmancape.jpg

In Tony's pics he showed, the cape seems to be quite a good length, but in some other board member pics it seems short. Guess it needs some futzing is all.

How about this, is this biased?

Yeah, the cape is folded back over the shoulders, but look at the sides and back, they're not past the feet either, just like the Tony Meis cape.

batmancape.jpg

You biased bastard.

In Tony's pics he showed, the cape seems to be quite a good length, but in some other board member pics it seems short. Guess it needs some futzing is all.

Stretching is what I keep reading.

I think the cape is a HUGE upgrade from the one we got with this figure.

I cannot wait to get mine and make this grail of a figure, that much better.

I dunno. Some times it looks too short other times it looks perfect. Is he making a 2.0?

When he asked people what they wanted the pics he had shown made the cape look the perfect length. I don't know what the hell is going on. :lol

Do they need to be stretched? Is that really the problem?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

And Raymond is sort of right about the whole,

"I have a suspicion a few of the ones who voted no to a 2.0 agree it's a bit too short but don't want to think about dropping another 50 bucks on a new cape. (I can understand that too but I'm OCD and therefore can't just accept things too well )
'

If there is a 2.0 or any improved version (I'm not talking just about cape length), that sort of blows. :lol

I'm happy with my purchase, that's really all that matters, but it's not even a week old and there's already talk of "2.0s", "upgrades"? Hnnnnnnnggggggggg

If there is a 2.0 or any improved version (I'm not talking just about cape length), that sort of blows. :lol

I'm happy with my purchase, that's really all that matters, but it's not even a week old and there's already talk of "2.0s", "upgrades"? Hnnnnnnnggggggggg

Yeah, am on the same boat.

Maybe make it slightly longer and rename it 2.5, sell it to Ray.

Then a week later, add another mm, rename it a 2.6 and sell it to him again, until it reaches the desired length as the final 3.0 ver.:monkey1:lol

That being said :lol DiFabio is probably right though.

Exhibit B:

Neca with arms down to his sides.

NECA-Batman-Michael-Keaton-2.jpg

:lol C'mon man! You can't use another figure (or any figure really) as an accuracy reference, since it's not the primary source. The HT proto shots have a longer cape. Might as well post scans from the comic adaptation to support a position on the cape length. ;)

In the promo shots of the actual suit, when his arms are completely relaxed at his sides, and the cape is not folded over his shoulders it just scrapes the floor on one side, and is off the floor on the other, because he is leaning. Makes sense that they'd use a slightly different length cape depending on the scene, like with the Nolan films.

I personally would prefer to err on the side of having slightly more length over being slightly too short. Especially for a character like Batman (Superman can get away with a shorter cape, although I would prefer a longer cape on him too, even if it's not accurate). That said, I've already got a Tony cape paid for because I think it's the best option available.

lol, what are you guys "voting" for? I didn't realize customizers have elections as to whether or not they're allowed to sell stuff :rotfl

Let's keep in mind, that 99.9% of the people on this board, wouldn't know how to futz something, if their life depended on it. ;)

This figure spoiled me, and I think that's why I am so critical and harsh when it comes to the DX12. I feel that, if HT is capable of making something that looks this good on their first try, I see no reason why that figure shouldn't have been just as good, if not better, after three tries.

This figure spoiled me, and I think that's why I am so critical and harsh when it comes to the DX12. I feel that, if HT is capable of making something that looks this good on their first try, I see no reason why that figure shouldn't have been just as good, if not better, after three tries.

HT is just being faithful to the source. :lecture

If Nolan didn't care about TDKR, why should HT. :lol

Back