Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my dx09 new pose:

0xby.jpg

0ile.jpg

where did u get this cape from?

I'm contemplating buying this or Hot Toys' Batman/Bruce Wayne (Batsuit Begins Version) 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure, but I'm unsure as to which I should get.

Does anyone have any advice as to which is the better product?

I've got both, the DX 09 Keaton Batman and the MMS 155 Bale Batman. The DX 09 is the better figure without a doubt.

The Begins one is a piece of crap. The peeling suit, broken ankles, the way the cape attaches, the cape itself it just isn't a very good high end Batman figure. Compared to later and previous releases, it doesn't have much that's "new" or mind blowing in the accessories/weapons department either. The original 2008 OC version may be older, but I much prefer that one. This "Batsuit Begins" version was one of the first cheaper, convention "rehashes" that were really expensive. It wasn't worth it in my opinion.

The DX 09 Keaton '89 Batman figure is superior. The suit is better quality, no joint problems, no broken ankles, unique weapons/accessories, nice cape (if you're good at futzing the cape it can really work for you). The only two negatives about it is the PERS seam on the back of the head and how bulky the cape can be. Other than that, it's a very solid figure. One of their best and definitely the best 1/6 Batman they've done to date.

I've got both, the DX 09 Keaton Batman and the MMS 155 Bale Batman. The DX 09 is the better figure without a doubt.

The Begins one is a piece of crap. The peeling suit, broken ankles, the way the cape attaches, the cape itself it just isn't a very good high end Batman figure. Compared to later and previous releases, it doesn't have much that's "new" or mind blowing in the accessories/weapons department either. The original 2008 OC version may be older, but I much prefer that one. This "Batsuit Begins" version was one of the first cheaper, convention "rehashes" that were really expensive. It wasn't worth it in my opinion.

The DX 09 Keaton '89 Batman figure is superior. The suit is better quality, no joint problems, no broken ankles, unique weapons/accessories, nice cape (if you're good at futzing the cape it can really work for you). The only two negatives about it is the PERS seam on the back of the head and how bulky the cape can be. Other than that, it's a very solid figure. One of their best and definitely the best 1/6 Batman they've done to date.
Thank you for the information! My decision's been made!

Very accurate statement! I have more Batmen than I really should keep and if I get to selling any off, the Bat/Bruce will be the first to go...and that's before the Tak Bats...cause I got that one too! I'm such a bat mark.

And certainly better than the ****ing DX12. Still can't believe that thing won FOTY awards.

Yesssss! My feeling exactly! I have two figures that I bought from Hot Toys that I still have buyers remorse for 1.Bat/Bruce (cause of QC & the rediculous price) 2. DX 12. That thing needs so many mods to be great, it just got exhausting. That figure should have been PERFECT out the box! It was a lot of work. If it got to the point of choosing to mod the DX 12 or cleaning out the garage, I'd probably clean the garage.

I just got this off ebay for 270 a week ago. It was my first used hot toy figure, and it was in such good condition I couldn't tell it was used. This figure is amazing! I'm hoping to get a DX 12 soon.

He was my first HT too. Really wish I would have started with something worse so I wouldn't have bought so much. He's just so impressive. I prefer Avengers to Batman, and I have all of them released, and the DX Luke (ESB is my favorite movie), and Keaton Batman just beats them all. And at $200 he makes all the other figures I buy seem not worth the cash.

Anyway, Tony's cape arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to make this guy perfect.

I just got this off ebay for 270 a week ago. It was my first used hot toy figure, and it was in such good condition I couldn't tell it was used. This figure is amazing! I'm hoping to get a DX 12 soon.

Considering how fast he seems to moving up now that the Batmobile has hit, sounds like you got quite a deal! Congrats on owning this masterpiece!

Sallah

I have the 89 Keaton Bats too. Was also my 1st Hot toys. Just acquired the Enterbay Batman Begins/Dark Knight Batman and Joker. Mindblowing!!!!!!!

And certainly better than the ****ing DX12. Still can't believe that thing won FOTY awards.
Agreed completely Ol' googly eyes doesn't even hold a candle to DX09. Taking photos of him with the Batmobile reminded me how awesome he is. I don't believe Hot Toys has released a figure this good since.

9416284468_f976353165_b.jpg

9420678642_7728a0fab8_b.jpg

9417912851_9980d2108d_b.jpg

9417919077_b630e22459_b.jpg

Back