Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9417919077_b630e22459_b.jpg

That picture looks straight out of Returns when he is watching the Penguin from the Batmobile.

Great pictures buddy.

"STOP!"
9420678642_7728a0fab8_b.jpg

9417912851_9980d2108d_b.jpg

9417919077_b630e22459_b.jpg

What brilliant photos, SB.

It has been said many times but I feel this will never grow old regarding this figure...the bottom two pictures literally look like still frames from a film, and that is not an exaggeration!

I don't know if it's the all black colour scheme, or the long ears, or what, but this figure is just an unrelenting attention grabber. Yes, even now, coming up to, what...approaching 2 years after release?!?

It is the baddest of bad arse! And your photos do it no harm whatsoever! :clap :duff

Last edited:
What brilliant photos, SB.

It has been said many times but I feel this will never grow old regarding this figure...the bottom two pictures literally look like still frames from a film, and that is not an exaggeration!

I don't know if it's the all black colour scheme, or the long ears, or what, but this figure is just an unrelenting attention grabber. Yes, even now, coming up to, what...approaching 2 after release?!?

It is the baddest of bad arse! And your photos do it no harm whatsoever! :clap :duff

To me the reason it is Hot Toys best is because it really looks like Michael Keaton scaled down to 1/6. It doesn't look like a Michael Keaton figure, it almost looks alive.

I was able to get a used Keaton Batman off Ebay for a decent price. It's in great condition and it really is one amazing figure both in likeness and detail. I don't display it yet cause I love looking at it in it's box and gently taking it out. It sure is one of the best figures ever. I can't compare it to the DX 12 yet cause it hasn't arrived yet.

Two questions. I'm having some trouble with lifting his arms up to fighting stance like in the picture.

Also, what exactly is the suit made of? I had heard the stories of the early hot toy figures like DX02 and other batman figures that were made of rubber not lasting.

I was able to get a used Keaton Batman off Ebay for a decent price. It's in great condition and it really is one amazing figure both in likeness and detail. I don't display it yet cause I love looking at it in it's box and gently taking it out. It sure is one of the best figures ever. I can't compare it to the DX 12 yet cause it hasn't arrived yet.

Two questions. I'm having some trouble with lifting his arms up to fighting stance like in the picture.

Also, what exactly is the suit made of? I had heard the stories of the early hot toy figures like DX02 and other batman figures that were made of rubber not lasting.
I have the arm issue too. It's just one arm. I somehow fixed it for like a day but then it popped out again. Oh well

I have the arm issue too. It's just one arm. I somehow fixed it for like a day but then it popped out again. Oh well

the arm on mine hasn't popped out yet, it's just like the suit has no give like it's supposed to on mine. I can't even move his hands up to fighting stance up at the moment. I haven't really tried messing with it yet, i'm always worried about breaking or tearing something.

This is an amazing figure and the likeness is top notch. I said I'd never get back to collecting action figures, but this 89 Batman definitely reeled me back in. I'm hooked now and going nuts at all the cool stuff I "need".
He's going to look great standing by my Batmobile.

When I first got my DX09, I noticed that one of the arms was turned through 90 degrees at the shoulder joint. This wasn't visible given the rubber suit, but by feeling/squeezing the upper arm through the suit I could tell that one bicep faced "forward" as it should, while the other incorrectly faced "outward".

Through manipulating the arm carefully inside the suit I was able to turn the arm through 90 degrees so both biceps faced forward.

I've read a number of people saying that the arms seem to work differently on this figure (one raises higher than the other, is stiffer etc) and have often wondered if other people had this same issue as me but haven't realised. The difference cannot be seen but is apparent if you feel and compare the hard plastic arms underneath the rubber.

Perhaps check that out and let us know what you discover.

:gah:

God dammit. I just went to repose my Keaton Batman and the damn pers has broken.

First the left eye was wonky and then the right soon went after. I have removed the joystick part and small pieces of plastic came out.

So I take it that this head is a dud now.

Does anyone know if you can still get a DX09 Batman head?

Thanks.

God dammit. I just went to repose my Keaton Batman and the damn pers has broken.

First the left eye was wonky and then the right soon went after. I have removed the joystick part and small pieces of plastic came out.

Thanks.

After I read this I went to look mine over in the box and I kid you not I thought he looked cross eyed. Luckily, it was just a trick of light. That sucks that happened to you since it's a great figure. Maybe try to get a head off ebay? Or you could try Hot Toys and see if they still are giving out replacement parts.

After I read this I went to look mine over in the box and I kid you not I thought he looked cross eyed. Luckily, it was just a trick of light. That sucks that happened to you since it's a great figure. Maybe try to get a head off ebay? Or you could try Hot Toys and see if they still are giving out replacement parts.

I'm raging here.

I have had a look on eBay and none are there so I will keep an eye out on there. I have emailed the website I got him from but I know they will do nothing and I can't blame them as he is over a year old but I asked them about contacting Hot Toys about a replacement part.

Do you know if you can buy replacement parts straight from Hot Toys?

I'm raging here.

I have had a look on eBay and none are there so I will keep an eye out on there. I have emailed the website I got him from but I know they will do nothing and I can't blame them as he is over a year old but I asked them about contacting Hot Toys about a replacement part.

Do you know if you can buy replacement parts straight from Hot Toys?

I have heard of them sending replacement parts within a certain timeframe. I don't know much info as I've only been collecting since April, I do know they take awhile to respond so you might want to try ASAP.

Thanks.

Sometimes some Ebay seller takes apart figures for sale. I've seen some Batman heads for sale. Maybe you can post a picture of how your PERS is broken and maybe someone can suggest possible repairs.

Back