Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. I still only have Batman but recently got a Tony Meis cape and I could hardly be happier with this figure.

The only way I think it might have been better is if the PERS hatch was somehow less visible. I don't like the way it opens in the middle of his cranium between the bat-ears as the seam is visible in top-down frontal views. Why not just square the whole thing off entirely on the back of his head thereby effecting only one viewpoint, the rear view. I mean there's already 3 visible seams there no matter what, its not like one less seam on the back makes much difference. Why make it that the hatch intrudes on 2 viewpoints when you could have limited it to just one.

So that's my only nag about DX09. It is otherwise a top 5 figure of a true movie icon. Can't wait to have the batmobile.

That is my only problem with this figure they maybe should have made it like the DX12 were you had that little stick to move the PERS and that way there would be no seal/crack in the cowl.

Yeah I have the 2.5 cape from Tony and I love it. I never really had a problem with the stock cape but it was a pain to futz and with Tony's cape we can have the best of both world's.

Good luck with your Batmobile buddy, I would love to have it but just like ED-209 the lack of space is my downfall.

Indeed. I still only have Batman but recently got a Tony Meis cape and I could hardly be happier with this figure.

The only way I think it might have been better is if the PERS hatch was somehow less visible. I don't like the way it opens in the middle of his cranium between the bat-ears as the seam is visible in top-down frontal views. Why not just square the whole thing off entirely on the back of his head thereby effecting only one viewpoint, the rear view. I mean there's already 3 visible seams there no matter what, its not like one less seam on the back makes much difference. Why make it that the hatch intrudes on 2 viewpoints when you could have limited it to just one.

So that's my only nag about DX09. It is otherwise a top 5 figure of a true movie icon. Can't wait to have the batmobile.

Yeah I noticed that too with the PERS hatch. It's not as seamless as it should be. My other issue which I've already brought up is that I have articulation problems or "Bend back" issues as I've heard them called. Despite these issues the figure is so amazing that It may be the only figure that made me speechless when I got it in hand. Joker DX 2.0 came close but I knew what was coming and was expecting everything. Pictures and Video reviews can't prepare you for the feel of the suit, or how real the figure looks in front of you. If someone said this was the best Hot Toys figure every made, I'd have to consider it.

That is my only problem with this figure they maybe should have made it like the DX12 were you had that little stick to move the PERS and that way there would be no seal/crack in the cowl.

Yeah I have the 2.5 cape from Tony and I love it. I never really had a problem with the stock cape but it was a pain to futz and with Tony's cape we can have the best of both world's.

Good luck with your Batmobile buddy, I would love to have it but just like ED-209 the lack of space is my downfall.

How much does this Tony's cape cost? where do you get it?

Nice! I know people go gaga over the custom 3rd party capes available, but I much prefer the finish and texture of the stock cape. To me the Tony cape doesn't match the figure, and looks too smooth (like it's made out of the material Catwoman used for her costume in Returns). Maybe their "deluxe cape" will address that.

old pic ,but still love my stock cape ,just takes a bit to look right.

:hi5: Great pose!

Yeah, I do still love the stock cape. It has fantastic texture and is great for "work it and leave it" intricate poses... but Tony's cape has it beat for quickness and ease in posing though.

Each have their strong points. :)

Sallah

Last edited:
Man does Batman look bulked up there.

I like it. The way you have posed him really makes him look pissed off and not to be messed with.

I think each cape has its' merits. I have both.

I prefer the stock cape for the texture, folds & overall draping.

However, Tony's cape is the way to go if you want that "flipped over the shoulder" look.

Thank's he's kinda hard to fit in detolf that way. Glad i bought 2 long ago ,one for car and other in cabinet with mr.j or to hang with superman. Still one of my favorite's to own. I cant wait for the returns version sometime next year.

Thank's he's kinda hard to fit in detolf that way. Glad i bought 2 long ago ,one for car and other in cabinet with mr.j or to hang with superman. Still one of my favorite's to own. I cant wait for the returns version sometime next year.

Hopefully, it will be next year.

I'd love to do a similar pose, though while he is standing though I'm still having bend back issues.

Does anyone know how long it is before Hot Toys Customer Service get back in touch with you after you have filled in the enquiry form?

Thanks.

If they don't get back to you within a few days, contact them via LiveChat. On more than one occasion, I've had my form submissions ignored for weeks, forcing me to prod them via LiveChat to respond - otherwise they just ignore them.

Thanks. And you know I completely forgot about the DX02 (and 12?) method of accessing the PERS. If they could have done that on DX09 then they should have.

How much does this Tony's cape cost? where do you get it?

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104832
He prefers to be emailed rather than Pmed.

Nice! I know people go gaga over the custom 3rd party capes available, but I much prefer the finish and texture of the stock cape. To me the Tony cape doesn't match the figure, and looks too smooth (like it's made out of the material Catwoman used for her costume in Returns). Maybe their "deluxe cape" will address that.

Agreed on the finish and texture of the stock cape but to me its otherwise just too much of a pain in the arse. I found it impossible to eliminate unwanted crumples and bad folds. You correct one after much effort only to create some new oddity elsewhere and in the end I just got dangerously frustrated. More trouble than its worth. Tony's cape was an easy and worthwhile solution.

A Stick version similar to DX02 and DX12 would have gotten rid of the Seam lines I find using the stick frustrating when trying to get the eyes just right. Also, I worry about breaking either the plastic stick or the stick that controls the PERS. I guess it would be a small price to pay though. to have a seamless head.

... but Tony's cape has it beat for quickness and ease in posing though.
No doubt about that! It is truly maddening that reposing this figure with the stock cape becomes a 15-minute ordeal. If we're fortunate enough to get any additional Keaton Batman figures from Hot Toys in the future, I'd love to see them include two capes - one double-sided cape with wires and one "set it and forget it' cape that just hangs without fuss.

I think each cape has its' merits. I have both.

I prefer the stock cape for the texture, folds & overall draping.

However, Tony's cape is the way to go if you want that "flipped over the shoulder" look.

Yeah, the texture on the stock cape is the best. I had both but I sold the Meis cape. I just have a de-wired and a regular stock.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back