Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd that that seamless arm is included in this. You would never see it with the long sleeve jacket on. Unless if it's done since they'll just reuse the upper torso and arms for the clean version so they just included it here.
They might have done it as it was easy to break the elbow connector on the DX13 when swapping out the arms.

This is SUPER TEMPTING.

I'm going to mull this over for a bit. I'd like to have it if only for its memorial value, my [deceased] brother was the hugest Terminator fan, how he would have -loved- this. If only he were here, I would buy it and give it to him. Rewatched T2 last week, this film and the original have lost none of their power.

This is a foundational sci-fi franchise. I just might have to have this. I wish they would do Reese and Sarah as well.

People need to stop complaining. I owned the DX13. I also owned basically every incarnation of the t800. I have two now. I had to sell my DX13 about 7 or so years ago to make my car payment. It really sucked that it wasn't in my collection anymore. But this new 2.0 is beautiful in my opinion. They finally fixed the hair that needed to be fixed. Just stop thinking that everything is going to be perfect in the way that you want it. There's always going to be something that is not perfect with a release. Just be thankful that we're still getting brand new Terminator figures in the year 2024 from T2 judgment day. Okay rant over diehard Arnold fan checking out 💯💯💯😂😂😂😂😂😂

Truly, in this and many hobbies the Best is the enemy of the Good.

Do we all want it perfect, on every figure? We sure do. But perfection is different for different people. Are we getting a great figure? Accept it for what it is and be happy. We see a lot of people flipping out about stuff like the trigger guard being wrong on a 1/6 scale rifle. WHOOOOOOO CAREEESSSSSS chances are excellent that in person you wont even notice that.

Seamless arms are a strange choice and it may be enough reason to keep the DX13 for more dynamic posing. But also, it’s not the end of the world if they get damaged considering they’ll never be visible. Would be good figure to stress test them.

They might have done it as it was easy to break the elbow connector on the DX13 when swapping out the arms.
Yup! Hated that when I had the DX13. It was also difficult on the original MMS. The ball joints at the shoulder are much easier to swap, at least they are for the more recent Infinity War and L&T Thor figures

Last edited:
Odd that that seamless arm is included in this. You would never see it with the long sleeve jacket on. Unless if it's done since they'll just reuse the upper torso and arms for the clean version so they just included it here.
Speaking of the clean version -- a bonus about the silicone arms and the ball socket shoulder joint is that it will make swapping from black shirt to grey shirt pretty easy should they include the necessary items for the galleria look
This figure seems like a Must-Upgrade figure to me.
While I no longer have the original DX13, I think I would upgrade. As cool as the liquid T1000 piece was, I never used it. I pretty much kept him in full BD look since I also had the DX10 at the time.

That said, having the P1 Platinum statue on order, I'm feeling like I don't really need this

Last edited:
If you simply go down the list, it looks like most things are improved on the DX46:

head - improved
clothing - improved
accessories - improved; added MM-1
base - improved

There doesn't seem to be anything screwed up like on the Batman Keaton 2.0..... so although some may say its only a moderate improvement, and it may well be, it is still an improvement in almost every category.

Now if HT would just do a similar upgrade to Predator '87 and the Big Chap Alien '79...

If you simply go down the list, it looks like most things are improved on the DX46:

head - improved
clothing - improved
accessories - improved; added MM-1
base - improved

There doesn't seem to be anything screwed up like on the Batman Keaton 2.0..... so although some may say its only a moderate improvement, and it may well be, it is still an improvement in almost every category.

Now if HT would just do a similar upgrade to Predator '87 and the Big Chap Alien '79...
Eh feels pretty mid to me. They probably should try harder than merely improving everything, you know? Such a Hot Toys move. InArt would NEVER. Psh.

This is SUPER TEMPTING.

I'm going to mull this over for a bit. I'd like to have it if only for its memorial value, my [deceased] brother was the hugest Terminator fan, how he would have -loved- this. If only he were here, I would buy it and give it to him. Rewatched T2 last week, this film and the original have lost none of their power.

This is a foundational sci-fi franchise. I just might have to have this. I wish they would do Reese and Sarah as well.
Sounds like you’ve answered your own question there brother, as Shia lebouf said just do it! 👍🏻

With all these figures being powered by USB-C (which is pretty handy), is there some multi-port powerbank or something that you could plug 4-5 figures into to have them all lit up off the same source?

With all these figures being powered by USB-C (which is pretty handy), is there some multi-port powerbank or something that you could plug 4-5 figures into to have them all lit up off the same source?
I expect a standard USB C hub would work?

Is the red eye USB powered on this?

Back