Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say my 3rd party leathers do hold up well, and someone stated Dredd. Yes my Dredd doesn't hold up.

Odd that almost all my Hot Toys have deteriorated or flaking in some way. Vaders, Terminators(Belts particularly), Winter Soldier and the few on top of my head.

I figured I didn't need the 2.0 for this, but the real leather clothes sound pretty tempting.

It’s a pretty nice release, but I was hoping Hot Toys would get the likeness more. It’s better than the dx13, though let’s hope the final sculpts don’t get too soft or whatever. I’m curious how the non damaged and 84 versions would look with this new Arnie face. And if they’ll use this likeness for an eventual Dutch 2.0 or Matrix? Also, wasn’t Inart supposed to do a terminator? And now is Hot toys chance to do a diecast endo with 60% diecast parts…😄
Yeah it almost looks to me like the same DX13 sculpt with some extra detail and skin texture added to it. It's a definite improvement, but I still wouldn't say 100%.

Last edited:
It's just after so many attempts Hot Toys can only get a little closer to the Arnold face, and in lieu of better likeness they add more skin texture and better(?) paint apps. I feel my BD T-800 from enterbay still has a better likeness, it's 1/4 scale of course, but also a long time ago. Though I'm not sure whose likeness is getting better, this one or all the Tony Stark sculpts they are coming out with. But I guess this is nice for those who missed out on the DX 13 and don't need to pay scalper prices for a used figure.

I'm guessing we'll see a 2.0 akin to the original MMS117 but with silicone arms and full leather outfit. Swap out silicone arm that has the endo hand exposed. Rose box shotgun and all. They can even reuse this new sculpt but just patch up the damage bits and slap sunglasses on it.

ucvZ98u.png
It would be great if they did a 2.0 of this MMS release instead of the DX10, but I fear they might just go the DX10 route.

All of the issues with the Batman release were apparent in the promotional photos. I'm not sure why anyone was surprised by the final figure.

The light up eye is using batteries again so I'll pass. What's the point of a light up feature that fades in about 2 minutes? Might as well just paint the eye a vibrant red.

We will continue to get sub par quality materials from most of these companies because most of the collectors these days are normies and just assume the quality is good because the price is high. They see the words genuine leather and just assume it's a great cut of hide when in reality it's almost always either the worst real leather they bought wholesale or it's garbage pleather they try and pass off as genuine because they mix it with flakes of real leather in some nasty pleather soup concoction. As you can see by this thread alone, next to no one is talking about the quality of materials, they're just bickering about minor details on head sculpts as usual.

That, sadly, is very true! Thanks for speaking the truth. It's a cash grab. Nothing more, nothing less.
80-90% the same figure as DX13, maybe better clothes holding up and a fancy base, + 1 new accessory is not enough for me.
Not at the currect price point.

And Terminator 1 + 2 are my favorite movies EVER, yet it still does not persuade me to buy.
My SP Kyle Reese is worth more than this.

Back