Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Nick, I have seen these ones. I just expected us to be flooded by other shots from the show. I guess not! Appreciate you replying with those though 🙂

I know it's a very subjective question but, in your opinion, if I have to invest in a single figurine, is it better to take the clean version or the BD ? I have the impression that the clean one is more "emblematic" and "characteristic" of the saga... but the BD version seems so well finished with all these little details, the blood etc.... cruel dilemma...😅

Terminator is a robot. You need to see that. You need to see the monster inside. BD all the way.

Also, pops a lot more on the shelf with all the red.

Same with T-1000. You need some silver nanotech showing -- long fingers or split head. Who wants just a "cop" on the shelf?
Exactly.

But I must admit, the clean version is also tempting.

I know it's a very subjective question but, in your opinion, if I have to invest in a single figurine, is it better to take the clean version or the BD ? I have the impression that the clean one is more "emblematic" and "characteristic" of the saga... but the BD version seems so well finished with all these little details, the blood etc.... cruel dilemma...😅

Terminator is a robot. You need to see that. You need to see the monster inside. BD all the way.

Same with T-1000. You need some silver nanotech showing -- long fingers or split head. Who wants just a "cop" on the shelf?

Fully agree, Terminator is a cyborg and needs to be seen as such and so the BD is the only option for me, I would only get him + the T-1000 and Endoskeleton.
If I wanted a badass 80's human Arnie figure I would get Dutch from Predator.

Thanks Nick, I have seen these ones. I just expected us to be flooded by other shots from the show. I guess not! Appreciate you replying with those though 🙂
No worries man! We should see more soon of the clean T-800 & T-1000 by the time they go up for PO. Want to see these under different lighting.

I agree, though the thought of having a clean version next to the fully BD version as a way to encapsulate the character and films in their entirety seems really tempting.

I agree about the T-1000,
the sculpt and accessories are phenomenal.
I’m just having a hard time wanting to spend $300+ on a figure in police uniform.
If I were to get the T-1000, I’d need bullet holes across the chest or something more visually appealing than clean RP.

Is anybody planning on buying two BD 2.0s?
One to display the cleaner Arnold sculpt, jacket and arm, the other full on battle damaged?

I like all of these ideas, though I fear repetition will taint the ability to clearly see details and the impact they have on your shelf.

I prefer the version with the most battle damage if I’m to only get one BD version, seeing that eye is a must and seeing Arnold with half of his arm missing is too perfect to not display.

IMG_4784.jpeg

Last edited:
Fully agree, Terminator is a cyborg and needs to be seen as such and so the BD is the only option for me, I would only get him + the T-1000 and Endoskeleton.
If I wanted a badass 80's human Arnie figure I would get Dutch from Predator.
I see both sides of the BD and clean argument so I don’t have personal presence - maybe slightly leaning toward clean.

I have some of the 1.0s already, own doubles of the 3rd party figures and will buy multiples of each of all the 2.0s to display most of the different looks of the T-800 and T-1000 from T2.

Last edited:

Me actually.

All I want on display is galleria versions of both.

I agree, though the thought of having a clean version next to the fully BD version as a way to encapsulate the character and films in their entirety seems really tempting.

I agree about the T-1000,
the sculpt and accessories are phenomenal.
I’m just having a hard time wanting to spend $300+ on a figure in police uniform.
If I were to get the T-1000, I’d need bullet holes across the chest or something more visually appealing than clean RP.

Is anybody planning on buying two BD 2.0s?
One to display the cleaner Arnold sculpt, jacket and arm, the other full on battle damaged?

I like all of these ideas, though I fear repetition will taint the ability to clearly see details and the impact they have on your shelf.

I prefer the version with the most battle damage if I’m to only get one BD version, seeing that eye is a must and seeing Arnold with half of his arm missing is too perfect to not display.

View attachment 731233

I'd probably go with something similar to this. Full battle damage. Grenade launcher in hand. Final stand.

Or maybe the metal rod.

Would be better if they did the torn sleeve closer to the DX13s though.

FB_IMG_1728161152825.jpg

Hopefully the production sleeve looks better,
if not we can always adjust it with a scalpel or scissors. The BD T-800 2.0 just seems like a fun
figure to work with in the collection.

All of the detail on the DX13
is just too nice to marvel at,
to pass up on for spotless leather.

Either both or just full BD as an artistic appreciation for the IP. Where if I want the different looks, I’ll give the film a rewatch, but that’s how I’m trying to steer my collection, though there’s always exceptions to the rule.

I feel I’d take pride in owning one BD
and just swapping parts than both BD displayed simultaneously, diminishing each others presence.

I owned both the Galleria T-800 and the BD T-800, along with the Tech Noir T-800 and the semi chase T-800. Eventually I sold both clean versions when needing to downsize. I agree with the other comments...the Terminator is a cyborg and the BD versions end up being the best representation on your shelf.

Glad to see the new zippers at the legs will be smaller and more accurately in scale on the biker pants.

The old biker pant zippers always looked like coke tabs at his boots to me.

Back