Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if that HS is truly new.
It looks like the DX13 to me.
The front hair detailing makes me think new. It looks better, it looks taller even. But the temples, the very sides of the face and forehead make me think of DX13. Is it just a modified DX13 with some improvements but some old flaws not corrected? Or a brand new sculpt which happens to bring some improvements but repeats some old flaws. I dunno...

T2.jpg

The front hair detailing makes me think new. It looks better, it looks taller even. But the temples, the very sides of the face and forehead make me think of DX13. Is it just a modified DX13 with some improvements but some old flaws not corrected? Or a brand new sculpt which happens to bring some improvements but repeats some old flaws. I dunno...

Exactly that. Only thing that's for sure is, that I'm not sure. :lol

It's brand new guys. We just have Arnold burned into our brains.
View attachment 725325

So...cause they write it on the innerwebz makes it true?!

They also wrote on ED-209 2.0 "Newly developed materials", or something in that vein.
What did we get? Old *** materials rotting away under our noses.

Le me not convinced... *sippin' on dem sceptical juice*

New heads or not as of right now they look worse than the dx13. I'm also hoping they use actual quality real leather and not that "genuine leather" bs byproduct that these unlicened companies use that smells like plastic because it is. Either way glad I sold my dx13 a few months ago regardless if I buy this or not

I'm the opposite. I'm starved for T2 figures in sixth scale.

HT's last Terminator was 9 years ago, it's been a long time.

This figure looks so great, I don't have any first day nitpicks to spoil my enjoyment of the news. I usually just get greedy wanting more from the movie.

I'm the opposite. I'm starved for T2 figures in sixth scale.

HT's last Terminator was 9 years ago, it's been a long time.

This figure looks so great, I don't have any first day nitpicks to spoil my enjoyment of the news. I usually just get greedy wanting more from the movie.

I'm starved for T1 and everything ALL companies are doing is T2.
I'm bored out of my ******* shoes.

Honestly looking forward more and more to get out of the hobby next year.

Bear in mind that was DX13's prototype and not the final sculpts it ended up with.

But man, the endo-parts on DX46 really need to stand out more. Not even a hint of plain silver there let alone chrome.

Well, to be frank...there doesn't need to be any chrome. Only small parts of the leg maybe.
The face was smashed. Not much plating left, if you ask me...

The sculpt looks like a definitive improvement over the DX13 to me, particularly the eyes, nose, and the eyebrows.
But based on these shots I still prefer my Enterbay BD, who also still seems to have the more realistic proportions. After selling my DX13 a few years ago, I don't another 2.0 of the same.

Once HT (and hopefully InArt) start making the Galleria look again, I'll be more interested. My DX10 is in dire need of an upgrade.

If you say so, Mr. Pro. If you say so...

Bear in mind that was DX13's prototype and not the final sculpts it ended up with.

But man, the endo-parts on DX46 really need to stand out more. Not even a hint of plain silver there let alone chrome.

You don't need to be a pro to tell the difference. Seriously....

t2head.jpg

t2head2.jpg

The neck texture on the new one though? Ooof!

Last edited:
The hair and skin texture is much more defined in the new sculpt. But I do wish the metallic parts would stand out abit more though. Its still early days and HTs could refine this more closer to release, but judging from the prototype, I'm pretty happy with it as someone who has missed out on the original DX13.

Back