Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
【Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 1/6th scale T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0) Collectible Figure】

As an all-time classic and a cultural phenomenon among movie fans, the Terminator franchise continues to offer fans insights on the perceptions of the future and AI through heart-pounding scenes, coining its enduring impact on the science fiction genre.

Today, Hot Toys is excited to revisit Terminator 2: Judgment Day and presents to fans the 1/6th scale T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0) Collectible Figure!

The faithfully crafted battle-damaged version of 1/6th scale T-800 figure features a newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeball, as well as an additional heavily damaged head sculpt revealing the endoskeleton with an LED light-up right eye; a meticulously tailored costume featuring jackets made in genuine leather (a battle damaged version and an additional one that is tattered on the left sleeve), a pair of pants also in genuine leather and a gray printed tee; weapons including a machine gun, a rifle, a pistol, a grenade launcher, a set of bullets and a rod; and lastly a specially designed steel mill themed diorama figure base that comes with LED function to replicate the iconic ending scene of the battle between T-800 and T-1000.

This is your opportunity to give your Terminator collection an upgrade with this all-new T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0).

#T800 #ArnoldSchwarzenegger #Terminator #HotToysCollectibles #Sixthscale
View attachment 725300View attachment 725301View attachment 725302View attachment 725303View attachment 725304View attachment 725305View attachment 725306View attachment 725307View attachment 725308View attachment 725309View attachment 725310View attachment 725311View attachment 725312View attachment 725313View attachment 725314View attachment 725315View attachment 725316View attachment 725317View attachment 725318View attachment 725319View attachment 725320View attachment 725321View attachment 725322
Terminator Thumbs Up GIF

Is this even better than the Present Toys?at about 3 times the price I’ll skip and keep the mumps face version from PT.
Its probably about double the price, 2.0 is up on Sideshow already for $360. IIRC the present toys dxl was about $230 on OSK.
It is better than the Present toys version imo, how much better, thats up for debate.

Its probably about double the price, 2.0 is up on Sideshow already for $360. IIRC the present toys dxl was about $230 on OSK.
It is better than the Present toys version imo, how much better, thats up for debate.

I paid $140 USD brand new for the PT one. $286 for the new HT one, I dunno. The base on this new one does look good.

New heads or not as of right now they look worse than the dx13. I'm also hoping they use actual quality real leather and not that "genuine leather" bs byproduct that these unlicened companies use that smells like plastic because it is. Either way glad I sold my dx13 a few months ago regardless if I buy this or not
Yes, "genuine leather" can apply to all manner of different composite materials. I think we'd have been better off with the same material as the original.
Only time will tell, and I hope I'm wrong.

Yes, "genuine leather" can apply to all manner of different composite materials. I think we'd have been better off with the same material as the original.
Only time will tell, and I hope I'm wrong.
We will continue to get sub par quality materials from most of these companies because most of the collectors these days are normies and just assume the quality is good because the price is high. They see the words genuine leather and just assume it's a great cut of hide when in reality it's almost always either the worst real leather they bought wholesale or it's garbage pleather they try and pass off as genuine because they mix it with flakes of real leather in some nasty pleather soup concoction. As you can see by this thread alone, next to no one is talking about the quality of materials, they're just bickering about minor details on head sculpts as usual.

We will continue to get sub par quality materials from most of these companies because most of the collectors these days are normies and just assume the quality is good because the price is high. They see the words genuine leather and just assume it's a great cut of hide when in reality it's almost always either the worst real leather they bought wholesale or it's garbage pleather they try and pass off as genuine because they mix it with flakes of real leather in some nasty pleather soup concoction. As you can see by this thread alone, next to no one is talking about the quality of materials, they're just bickering about minor details on head sculpts as usual.
gUUhuqQ.gif

The original is still my favorite figure, but now with this I can have both looks at the same time. Ordered!
I thought about the present toys version, but the head looked like ass. I think I saw that figure with the hot toys head but I believe it required some modding, and I'm too lazy (and not talented) that I'd rather just pay the big bucks for the new hot toys version 🤣

Base looks overly complicated tbh. The back wall design doesn’t really make any sense with the factory scene it’s suppose to be from. They should have made it be something you can pop on and off.

I’ll just grab the sculpt and outfit to slap onto the DX13. The rest honestly just looks like a reissue with no extra thought or work put into it. I’d buy a new clean version though if they do that with the neat silicone idea @Gipetto0812 mentioned.

Back