Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headsculpt is not as nice as Present Toys' prototype (a shrunken-down Enterbay), but it's certainly better than their final product.

Eyes look really good, evocative of Arnold at that age. Something's off about the forehead and jaw, though. Maybe the forehead is too big and the jaw too small? I feel like I'm seeing endoskeleton proportions instead of Arnold's.

Pathetically, this one is such a big want of mine that I would've even been willing to live with a straight reissue of the old one, if that was the only way to get him, but this looks like *such* an improvement on the original. Even though we saw him teased at the cons, somehow I had a bad feeling he was going to take a year or even longer to go up for sale. This definitely just became the preorder I'll be anticipating most until it's finally out. Already I'm afraid I'll be tempted to get 2 just so I can have a moderate damage and heavy damage version side by side.

Sign me the f*** up! Glad I held off on the PT and DX13 aftermarket. This thing looks epic! A little pricey, let’s see how much Kit sells him for before I pull the trigger on SS or AEC.

I thought I was out, since I have 2 DX13, but I’m back in. I’m picking up at least one to upgrade and maybe pick up the clothing separately to update my other one in case of the eventual flaking of the original pleather material.

Headsculpt is not as nice as Present Toys' prototype (a shrunken-down Enterbay), but it's certainly better than their final product.

Eyes look really good, evocative of Arnold at that age. Something's off about the forehead and jaw, though. Maybe the forehead is too big and the jaw too small? I feel like I'm seeing endoskeleton proportions instead of Arnold's.
I think the less battle damaged head looks great, but on the other one it seems like the metal skull protrudes out a bit too far - i.e., they didn't account for layers of skin that would be there if undamaged (especially around the right eye & cheekbone).
EDIT: I suppose it could be an optical illusion due to the shape of the endoskeleton's eye socket.

459362822_923836646447015_5531224655977817263_n.jpg
459166255_923836626447017_2028996512940736426_n.jpg
459297649_923836986446981_8597475987257924135_n.jpg

I think the less battle damaged head looks great, but on the other one it seems like the metal skull protrudes out a bit too far - i.e., they didn't account for layers of skin that would be there if undamaged (especially around the right eye & cheekbone).
EDIT: I suppose it could be an optical illusion due to the shape of the endoskeleton's eye socket.
Arguably that could be an aesthetic choice too, right? Like one could either sculpt it to be physically 'accurate' in an idealized sense - OR make it more accurate to the movie prosthetics which had to go over top of Arnold's actual face.

Definitely an upgrade. I'm glad it's not a straight re-release but now I have to make a decision about my poor ol' DX13, the most beloved figure in my collection for many years.
I would keep it, at least for now. You might still be able to use the base figure for the second costume and one of the headsculpts (the one that isn't as battle damaged) assuming the neck connector is unchanged.

I would keep it, at least for now. You might still be able to use the base figure for the second costume and one of the headsculpts (the one that isn't as battle damaged) assuming the neck connector is unchanged.
That is a good option. But for me, I try to keep my collection small so it doesn't get out of control, so no multiples of a character. No rush to decide either way.

Both heads look much improved, especially the hair. No Pleather is a big plus.

I just need to know does the eye light up via USB? That eye needs to be lit up everytime I'm in the room or he just looks dead.

Can't wait to see a new clean version. Recently sold the DX19 which was cool enough with the shades on but terrible with them off.

Arguably that could be an aesthetic choice too, right? Like one could either sculpt it to be physically 'accurate' in an idealized sense - OR make it more accurate to the movie prosthetics which had to go over top of Arnold's actual face.

That's what makes the Enterbay head stand out. While the detailing is more realistic than the prosthetics, the overall look of the head captures Arnold wearing prosthetics and better captures the look we remember from the movie vs sculpts that try to add muscle and make it look like something Stan Winston never did.

I just knew they weren’t going to reissue the same figure. I’m over the moon right now! I too, probably would’ve settled for the Dx13 but, with the leather, this was a bit more than I was expecting. With all the SW $#!+ I have preordered, I’m most excited by this. I’m not counting on it but I hope this is the start of a resurgence in the franchise from HT.

Is the arm silicon?

I think the endo eye should be able to move as well. That would be cool
That would be cool and bothered me as a kid that the endo eye never moved.

I get it in terms of the potential limits to the prosthetics when it was made, but in-universe it makes sense as the side of his face got smashed by a huge I-beam so the small servos to the eye could have easily been smashed and damaged, therefore the eye doesn’t move anymore.

I’m happy with this either way, and eye not moving is technically movie accurate I suppose…

Last edited:
Back