Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Mine isn't. Still mint condition. Won't say i like it though as the fit sucks and doesn't match how it sat on arnold's body in T1. A custom leather jacket would be the bets option, but i shudder to think how much a custom person would charge for real leather/accurate T1 1/6 jacket. :horror

This is my current DX13 setup, hopefully the DX46 heads are compatible with the DX13 body, if it is then I will plonk the not so damaged sculpt on this guy and put the funky looking smoke grenade launcher in his hand and use the ultra BD head on the figure with one arm and the metal spike with the dio piece.
DSCF3422.JPG

After a great deal of thought, and despite the fact that this guy will need his own detolf shelf... I preordered. I want to encourage them to make Kyle and Sarah.
Yeah more Terminator figs by HT is the dream. Maybe just clutching at straws here but I noticed the dio base has a distinctive yellow and black colour on the handrail. Perhaps this is a nod to the scene when the T-1000 gets his hand attached to the rail, when he is glitching.
533850-1000027389.jpg

bya7j68pivw51.png

Possibly a T-1000 2.0 is on the way?

Last edited:
Yeah more Terminator figs by HT is the dream. Maybe just clutching at straws here but I noticed the dio base has a distinctive yellow and black colour on the handrail. Perhaps this is a nod to the scene when the T-1000 gets his hand attached to the rail, when he is glitching.
View attachment 728039
bya7j68pivw51.png

Possibly a T-1000 is on the way?
You better belive HT is anxiously waiting to sell you a single solid chunk of molded, chrome plated plastic for $300.

Jokes aside, good catch. You maybe on to something.

HT creates Kyle and Sarah.

But theyre the Genisys version.

*hurls self off a tall cliff* Stop this ride, I want off.

That is the exact type of troll-y s*** they would do.

"We will make a Coruscant Guard, and to go with him is Phase 1 Fox! WE ARE HILARIOUS!!!!"

One can dream...

The T-1000 is what got me into collecting 1/6th scale figures a long, long time ago. That Horizon kit (actually 1/5th scale but still) I coveted for a long time and finally bought it.

View attachment 728070
Yeah the HT T-1000 was one of my first HT figs, got into the hobby around 2010-2011, so just as HT were releasing the Terminator figs. I remember being blown away by the detail and production quality. Having only had previous experience of getting 12 inch G.I. Joe figs in the 90's, when I was a kid. These Hot Toys figs were on another level.

Well, this is interesting to see this new release! I love Terminator but am new to any collecting, so when I saw the "Present Toys Future Warrior" release not too long ago, I picked it up, thinking that was my shot.
Now I see this being released and, oof, I suppose I should have passed on the lookalike.

For those far more educated on this world than I am, would the Hot Toys release be expected to be significantly better quality than the one I picked up?

Well, this is interesting to see this new release! I love Terminator but am new to any collecting, so when I saw the "Present Toys Future Warrior" release not too long ago, I picked it up, thinking that was my shot.
Now I see this being released and, oof, I suppose I should have passed on the lookalike.

For those far more educated on this world than I am, would the Hot Toys release be expected to be significantly better quality than the one I picked up?
Sculpt wise I believe so. My advice if you’re really not happy with your PT figure just try and sell it so you can purchase this figure instead. Be mindful though because there always is something newer and better in the pipeline. For example I’m holding out on all Terminator figures because I know InArt obtained the license now so I’ll wait for their releases but that could take years for the figure to come out

Sculpt wise I believe so. My advice if you’re really not happy with your PT figure just try and sell it so you can purchase this figure instead. Be mindful though because there always is something newer and better in the pipeline. For example I’m holding out on all Terminator figures because I know InArt obtained the license now so I’ll wait for their releases but that could take years for the figure to come out
Oh I'm happy with the PT one. I think it's pretty nice. I agree that the headsculpt on this one is likely to be better likeness, but was curious more about other factors like quality of joints, materials, etc.

Arnold's no spring chicken anymore :) --Think there will continue to be items in the pipeline?
I'm not familiar with InArt so I'll take a look, though I thought I saw earlier in the thread that they were limited to the original Terminator license.

Back