Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Aye none of the new movies are aimed at us and the toys we played with back in the 80's because the styles would look pretty outdated anyway.

The last movie was ok, and yes Snake Eyes looked like a fetish fiend in his rubber gimp gear...but oh well.

This suit though i do like and will happily have it with my sideshow ninja's :)

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

The 2 interpretations are closer to the original source, than this one.:dunno

I loved the original as a kid, but i prefer the modern look, it is modern day we dont want our heroes wearing spandex body suits anymore :lol

I loved the original as a kid, but i prefer the modern look, it is modern day we dont want our heroes wearing spandex body suits anymore :lol

But that is not a modern look, that's a Hollywood look. Besides, the original SE didnt have a body suit.:dunno

Yup. Fatigue pants and a commando sweater is the Snakes I remember.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

If they wanted to update SE they should have gone with this
poc-desert-battle-snake-eyes.jpg

When i said this was an iconic character and kind of an iconic figure too, what i am saying is that there has never been a decent 1/6 figure of snake eyes released, almost everyone on this site has had to tweek or rebuild the ss ones to make them look decent they just look like cheap dolls compared to hot toys until they are fixed, and snake eyes has had many suits over the years so it shouldnt matter what suit he has as long as he looks like snake eyes(a military ninja) for a company like hot toys to make a figure of snake eyes is huge, their figures are so realistic looking nowadays and a modern movie version of a of a childhood hero of mine= an iconic figure to me. I dont know how that seems to offend some people, it deffinately wasnt my goal. To each their own i guess, nobody is forcing anyone to buy this figure and there are still pleeenty of the ss ones left for people that prefer those. :peace

But that is not a modern look, that's a Hollywood look. Besides, the original SE didnt have a body suit.:dunno

Dude he is wearing one in your bio pic, and here are a couple more pics, dont get me wrong i still love the original look of snake eyes, its what i played with. I would just rather see a modern look for a modern movie. Modern for an army ninja=plated batman looking tech ninja armor imo they nailed it :lecture

When i said this was an iconic character and kind of an iconic figure too, what i am saying is that there has never been a decent 1/6 figure of snake eyes released, almost everyone on this site has had to tweek or rebuild the ss ones to make them look decent they just look like cheap dolls compared to hot toys until they are fixed, and snake eyes has had many suits over the years so it shouldnt matter what suit he has as long as he looks like snake eyes(a military ninja) for a company like hot toys to make a figure of snake eyes is huge, their figures are so realistic looking nowadays and a modern movie version of a of a childhood hero of mine= an iconic figure to me. I dont know how that seems to offend some people, it deffinately wasnt my goal. To each their own i guess, nobody is forcing anyone to buy this figure and there are still pleeenty of the ss ones left for people that prefer those. :peace

That's my point, the SE from the movie doesn't look like a military ninja, it looks like something from the Power Rangers. As a figure yes it looks cool, but as Snake Eyes it looks horrible. It's not a knock on Hot Toys, it's a knock on the movie design. A ninja wouldnt wear all that armor.

Dude he is wearing one in your bio pic, and here are a couple more pics, dont get me wrong i still love the original look of snake eyes, its what i played with. I would just rather see a modern look for a modern movie. Modern for an army ninja=plated batman looking tech ninja armor imo they nailed it :lecture

If that's what you like.:peace

I see snake eyes in all three of these :horse :rotfl :1-1:

That's my point, the SE from the movie doesn't look like a military ninja, it looks like something from the Power Rangers. As a figure yes it looks cool, but as Snake Eyes it looks horrible. It's not a knock on Hot Toys, it's a knock on the movie design. A ninja wouldnt wear all that armor.

so this is what you wanted to see on-screen as far as military ninja goes?:lol
3772861996_9486eaae59.jpg

so this is what you wanted to see on-screen as far as military ninja goes?:lol
3772861996_9486eaae59.jpg

:rotfl ya they probly tried that and said we need to do something different. And 1000masks ninjas do wear armor, just armor you can move in, which this new design would move extremely well there is none on the legs or midsection and he has military black fatigue pants and modern combat boots, perfect blend of ninja and army

Looks like a power ranger??? :cuckoo: :lol not at all

I don't know, there have been so many versions of this character. This rendition is still easily recognizable as Snake Eyes. I am a hardcore fan and I like the design of this suit. If you're going to go modern, I don't know if a wooly pully is something anyone would want to wear. Still, I like the classic look, too. Its all Snake Eyes to me.

Also, if this character weren't so loved, there would be no debate because no one would care. So I appreciate all the different points of view.

I don't think that's a bad start.

I agree, put Ray Park in a wetsuit, load him up like a Navy Seal, give him a proper ballistic mask and goggles or a metal visor, then light and film him properly and it would work. SE doesn't need tons of armor or a motorcycle helmet to look cool.
It strikes me as kind of ridiculous for SE to wear so much armor on his shoulders and arms, then very little covering his mid torso and none at all on his lower half. From a design point of view the Retaliation SE looks unbalanced.

Back