Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally I was planning on getting this anyway because I think it'll look great on the shelf with the previous Reeve and Routh figures but after seeing the trailers and watching a bit of the coverage on it I may be tempted to nab Zod as well. I'm excited for this much more than ever with the last trailer and hope the film lives up to the hype.

Oh Supes and Zod are already in the bag for me. I'm curious though, if they didn't make CR a dx, then why would they make this one? How much can you really put into a superman figure? Even the black spiderman got a second headsculpt and he had all the webbing and stuff included.

By all rights this should be around the same price as Thor or the Cristopher Reeves Superman. Similar design, less accessories and a similar cost for the likeness fee. The Mark 42 is supposedly more expensive due to new die-cast costs. It also has more accessories and no base body to save on cost. If it ends up being accurate to the movie and around the two-hundred mark then I'm in! It would be even better if it comes out sometime soon after the movie hits.

Are we likely to see a General Zod or a Jor-El figure in addition to the Henry Cavill Superman?

This is definite purchase for me, just hope I don't see it and hate it :rotfl

I'm sort of hoping for a repeat situation like we got with the DX12 and that we'll get the announcement around a month or so before the film hits (so pretty soon) and a release possibly by year end or early next year.

that would be best case scenario but its unlikely IMO. We're still waiting on avengers figures and TDKR figures and at least for avengers its been a year since the film came out and for all we know at this point, catwoman may not come out for awhile. My guess for this figure would be March or April 2014

Yeah I'm sure it's wishful thinking. Nolan Batman figures are close to being wrapped up. Just need Selina and hopefully we see announcements for Ra's and Blake soon. Avengers has what Hulk, Banner, Loki, Coulson left?

Well if you plan to get an Iron Man figure, the Mark VII should be it. Most people consider it the definitive red/gold Iron Man figure and it comes with all the extras one could want.

Well if you plan to get an Iron Man figure, the Mark VII should be it. Most people consider it the definitive red/gold Iron Man figure and it comes with all the extras one could want.
I do consider the red/gold as definitive but for some reason I find myself liking the Mark XLII a lot. I haven't really decided yet though.

Are we likely to see a General Zod or a Jor-El figure in addition to the Henry Cavill Superman?

This is definite purchase for me, just hope I don't see it and hate it :rotfl

we'll likely see Jor El first given that his proto was being worked on in that "behind the scenes" thing or whatever HT called it back in January. Jor El and Sups are for sure if I had to geuss. Zod and anyone else probably have a more wait and see how the movie goes approach

Last edited:
I'm saving my points for Supers even though I really wanted Iron Man. I realized though, that I was just moving on to the next figure because it looked cool whereas the other figures I have actually mean something to me. Supes is the only one I'm anticipating without being sure. Besides, I need the points for the batmobile to come through

we'll likely see Jor El first given that his proto was being worked on in that "behind the scenes" thing or whatever HT called it back in January. Jor El and Sups are for sure if I had to guss. Zod and anyone else probably have a more wait and see how the movie goes approach

Really? I don't think I saw that or if I did I missed him? I'd like to see it.

I watched the trailer for the first time just this weekend. I wathced it like 4 times. :lol I'm really excited about this. I think it looks awesome. I wasn't really excited before but this looks like something a bit different for Superman. I think this movie is noe my most anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back