Hot Toys: Batman 85 Years Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishlist:

1/4 BVS Batman
1/4 Tactical Batman
1/4 Knightmare Batman
1/4 Armored Batman
1/4 Battinson Batman

Okay guys, I love ripping on HT laziness.
But for a change of pace:
- what is the ONE Batman figure announcement that would make you completely change your opinion of Hot Toys for the better?

Mine is Arkham Knight Scarecrow.
- Drifter/biker Bruce from the Batman
- Arkham Origins Batman + Robin (From the multiplayer)
- Arkham City Nightwing

I know you said one but couldn’t decide

- what is the ONE Batman figure announcement that would make you completely change your opinion of Hot Toys for the better?

For me Uma Thurman Poison Ivy or Nicholson 2.0. Those two are my favorite of the movie villains.

Just a good comic inspired Batman. Neil Adams, Hush, Fabok, Bermejo....anything but more repaints and movie figures.

Any villain from the Arkham series that isn't Joker or Joker related (Harley).

no mere announcement would change my opinion of hot toys for the better after the 2.0 Keaton disaster. Still, I'd love to see Arkham City Catwoman, Arkham City Two Face, Arkham Origins Bane, Batman Begins Scarecrow with Cillian Murphy sculpt, Uma Thurman Poison Ivy, and a 1:4 Batman Returns figure done right this time

Just a good comic inspired Batman. Neil Adams, Hush, Fabok, Bermejo....anything but more repaints and movie figures.
Pretty much, a proper comic inspired line would be great, for an anniversary supposedly celebrating his first appearance, starting with Golden age(first appearance(ish) figure would have made sense.

93rr1f.gif

93s8va.gif

7o42fx.jpg

7nqh8h.jpg
7o4e1i.jpg
7o0hji.jpg

If the ears properly splay out (and it looks like they might), I'd be tempted to get the first-appearance somewhat Golden-Age pulp inspired one. (minus the kneepads) and need to add a batarang and rope, and make the yellow target "logo" removable.

Though other than a thematic background shot, doesn't look like any of these will play into the movie.
Or just release the already prepped bizarre Dark Keaton Returns / Golden Age somewhat first-appearance pulp inspired hybred one from the Flash. (minus the kneepads), add a vintage Batarang and rope are essential, make the yellow target "logo" removable with just a plain black bat underneath, maybe swap a holster for one on the hip as he once wore, and if they design those guns to be grapnels that would be fine.
7oj3dg.jpg
2592159b8ad349e9324e963851494f31.jpg

bd403a77fd8ebb7e647c780c8986dde8.jpg

I really want a Batman I can pose amongst his dark pulpy predecessors, Zorro, The Shadow, The Phantom.

Last edited:
If they’re going with movie stuff, then the panther suit from Batman Forever would be amazing.

For comic book, I’d go with blue/grey Hush Batman, but SSR already made a good one, so maybe a Troika Batman. Something that’s similar to Keaton Batman, but it has cloth on the body, not rubber.

Some villains would be nice. Classic comic Joker and purple Catwoman would be nice.

I think Ive just decided to avoid anything Hot Toys DC at this point, they clearly have little to no love for the franchise.

Of course anything obscure that would never be made by anyone else would be a buy, as well as anything comic accurate with Hono.

I think Ive just decided to avoid anything Hot Toys DC at this point, they clearly have little to no love for the franchise.
Yeah anything DC related they do seems to require a bit of work afterwards. Why can’t a DC release be as well rounded as the new T-800?

I'd have to say a full-blown 2.0 Nicholson, considering other than third party, we're not likely to get it from anywhere else. Jazzinc is doing a pretty good Catwoman and seems to have plans for Penguin. Mars is giving us pretty great '66 and Forever stuff.

Panther Suit Kilmer would be my second pick. For the same reason: nobody else seems interested, so, it'd be nice to just...finally have it.

Back