Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread

considering these won't come with much.. Skeletons should be an accesory.. but HT probably won't do that. :(

so only the ambassador and the soldier? wheres the leader ... the one in the purple.

and hopefully the jaws are movable.

The pose of the the ambassador seems like taken from the scene with the
dove. So hopefully the dove will come with the figure too!

So the first one is the Martian Leader!!
Wohoo!!!:rock

MarsAttacks.jpg

I think both will be released at the same time.

i want the actual leader! the set is incomplete with out the purple cloak.

I've just noticed something: Is the glass on the helmet of the martian footsoldier broken on one side? Maybe because of this he has this weird "tongue out" expression!

Last edited:

I've just noticed something: Is the glass on the helmet of the martian footsoldier broken on one side? Maybe because of this he has this weird
"tongue out" expression!

look back a few pages. i think darren explained the seam issue for the prop bubbles they used in the film... i think the take them out digitally in the movies.

The martians were CG.

i was just quoting him on a loose basis.
the join is necessary to make them. When they were going to go with puppets (stop motion) for the film the domes were a physically possible 'normal' dome... when they went CGI they made the more bubble shape... which is actually impossible as the martians head doesn't go inside lol

hence the join.

I wonder if these faces are sculpted and frozen in those 'wacky' expressions... or if we can change them. Almost seems like a waste to not have moveable eyes & jaws.

either way.... these look great. Now which to get... (tries to convince himself to NOT get the leader and 2 soliders) *cries into his wallet*

I want to get this and then I don't. I'll make a final decision if I see it at SDCC.

Back