Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread

These look great. I wonder how these will be sold since the Ambassador/Leader are exactly the same as the troopers but with the fancy cape. I wonder if they will just be selling one Martian and you can choose to display with or without the cape(s)?

If not, hopefully the troopers come with one colored skeleton and the Ambassador with another.

the ambassador's dome is different, but that would have been nice to have one base figure with the ambassador and leader cloak for multiple display options. get two and you can mix and match, etc. The difference in domes is also screen accurate and not just something they did to add variation.

If they did have a leader come out, it'd have to come with a break-off hand with the spikey tail that killed the president!

the ambassador's dome is different, but that would have been nice to have one base figure with the ambassador and leader cloak for multiple display options. get two and you can mix and match, etc. The difference in domes is also screen accurate and not just something they did to add variation.

If they did have a leader come out, it'd have to come with a break-off hand with the spikey tail that killed the president!

i second that! they could so pull it off too.

These actually look pretty cool. I'm not really interested in the franchise but I may have to buy something or two.

These look great!! Shame about the seam in the done but i suppose physics dictated the need for that ;) I actually enjoyed the film, watched it just the other week infact and still found it quite entertaining. Great alien design in their own right also...

yes... timing will be everything. While I like these a lot... They might not make it if released around Christmas or July. (seems to be the only time fing SS releases things anymore. )

They do look awesome, i may change my mind about picking 1 up after i see the price tag :lol

Even more Eddie goodness:

3732773964_4701517731_o.jpg

3732773526_1143250f60_o.jpg

Thanks Eddie!

https://www.eddiewong.net/2009/07/19/itts-2009-hot-toys-mars-attacks/

Could that gap/line that separates the brain and face, around the temple, mean opening head? Meaning PERS? Hmmm........

3731974345_07420db07c_o.jpg

If you click on the link in Snake's post there are more pictures there. One is of the Leader and his arm is missing. Maybe it will come with the spikey arm thingy then! :rock

But it's only the hand that becomes a "scorpion". Either it fell off or they are showing that the arms can be removed to get that 'arms under cloak' look from the movie.

Also, I don't doubt the eyes, tongue and jaw are movable.

I'm actually thinking PERS now... notice the soldier and ambassador are looking in diferent directions. Would seem odd to have figures that would to together looking in different directions.

Of course I could be wrong, but I'm hopeful :rock

Either way the both look fantastic!!! I am so excited about these, even more so than the Big Chap. Probaby because I always knew we'd see the original ALIEN, but didn't have any hope for 1/6 Mars Attacks! :rock

If you click on the link in Snake's post there are more pictures there. One is of the Leader and his arm is missing. Maybe it will come with the spikey arm thingy then! :rock

Except that would be the wrong Martian. It was the Leader, not the Embassador that did that.

Thanks for the link to the pics!
I'll definitely order 2 soldiers & the Ambassador!
Hopefully the price won't be too high, since these are licensed figures.

hmm maybe its just wishful thinking seeing things here but either the eye sculpt and paint is really good so that there's a nice and perfect seam between the socket and the eye or its a sign that there is PERS on these.

3731975279_09d053c146_o.jpg

Back