Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread

Credits to 'cybergundam'
ma.jpg

ma1.jpg

Okay I've been starring at these. They look shorter than 12". The Ambassador collar probably has a wire. And Im not sure but I think its the same head sculpt on both. Except the Ambassador does not have a tongue. If the mold of the head is the same then maybe the eyes are using PERS. Unless the eyes are just painted :monkey5 I can't tell Also I wonder if the hands are bendy?

Last edited:

I said I wanted no part in this line. After seeing them I'm getting the Martian Ambassador. :lol

I think alot of people will feel that way Mike. They have that 50's scifi/cult movie feel to them, and just look cool.

I also think they have PERS eyes and probably movable jaws/tongues from the looks of things. Same bodies/heads for the Ambassador and Trooper, just differant cape/gun accessories. Maybe bendy hands too?

These look great. I wonder how these will be sold since the Ambassador/Leader are exactly the same as the troopers but with the fancy cape. I wonder if they will just be selling one Martian and you can choose to display with or without the cape(s)?

If not, hopefully the troopers come with one colored skeleton and the Ambassador with another.

Is it just the angle of those shots (& the open mouth) or do the "cheek flaps" look longer on the Ambassador? Meaning different head sculpts?

My guess is that there will be 5 versions available.

One foot soldier version with rifle accessory.

One Ambassador version with red cape and hand gun.

One Leader version with purple cape and hand gun.

One curvaceous female Martian with interchangeable Big Hair head and Martian head.

One pair of red and green skeletons with hand, dog and dove accessories (this is the doubtfull version).

I'm more than likely wrong however. ;)

Cheers :) Mario

Is it just the angle of those shots (& the open mouth) or do the "cheek flaps" look longer on the Ambassador? Meaning different head sculpts?

They do look longer to me too! So it looks like they will definately be seperate figures and not an all-in-one.

I'm surprisingly pleased with these figures. Not my favorite movie by a long shot, but if they ever end up on clearance I may have to pick them up just because they are cool 50s style exposed brain aliens.

i can imagine two footies and the ambassador on my shelf right now next to my preds and aliens.. lol

I would like to see them standing next to Darth Vader and his 2 Stormtroopers:lol Would make a nice contrast :monkey5

They do look longer to me too! So it looks like they will definately be seperate figures and not an all-in-one.

To me it just looks like one has its mouth open wider than the other causing the flaps to look longer on the Ambassador. I'm not sure why they would need different head sculpts. Didn't they all look alike? And no, that's not racist. :lol

To me it just looks like one has its mouth open wider than the other causing the flaps to look longer on the Ambassador. I'm not sure why they would need different head sculpts. Didn't they all look alike? And no, that's not racist. :lol

Probably the case, but, that could mean a movable jaw! I hope so.

No. I'm about positive the ambassador had longer cheek flaps. I remember them flapping around in a few key scenes.

these are sweet!
People will warm up to these, even the ones ^^^^^ing about the franchise...you watch!

M.

I'd like to pick a couple up but I think with all the other stuff being released lately I'll have to forget them.
Unless I win the lottery of course. :monkey5

to me in that new pic of the ambassador it looks like his tongue is coming out the left side of his face...could these guys have poseable tongues?:rock

Your right - it is. Cool, so I guess the front of the bubble comes off so you can pose the head...(crosses fingers) Unless it's a fixed sculpt on both the different models. I reckon this will be the only two figs from the line, & that's fine by me.

Back