Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Mars Attacks! Thread

There were actually 3 different models used in the movie:
1. Big lifesize models
2. Small "Stop motion" models
3. CGI generated models

Each of those looked a little different!

I’m reading The Art of Mars Attacks …and they look different through the whole book. :D

Maybe but i strongly prefer this look in the movie:
14.jpg

and i don't think Hot Toys captured it.

This looks fantastic though and will be a definate buy for me. At first i rather wanted a martian soldier figure but now i prefer the ambassador.

3732773104_a035c09d4c_o.jpg

:rock:rock:rock:rock

Here's an actual stop motion puppet in the suit:

mars.jpg

Eyes are the biggest thing that needs fixing.

This looks fantastic though and will be a definate buy for me. At first i rather wanted a martian soldier figure but now i prefer the ambassador.

:rock:rock:rock:rock

He's always been my favorite martian.

Did anyone have the mask and costume? Lol....I did.

Here's an actual stop motion puppet in the suit:

mars.jpg

Eyes are the biggest thing that needs fixing.

You could have posted that as a Hot Toys pic and I bet just about everyone would have bought it. HT really made them pretty close to those models except for the green face paint.

Could that gap/line that separates the brain and face, around the temple, mean opening head? Meaning PERS? Hmmm........

if you follow that temple line up around the forehead, you can see what I believe to be a line that makes the face and top jaw removable. Take a look at this and see if you can see what I see, maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks but it looks like the same thing is present in ambassador. Wish the eyes were bigger, but i didn't notice till it was pointed out...now it's just kind of glaring. i'll pick them up regardless though, it'd just be nice if they could fix it.

marspers.jpg

CosBabies. I hope we get a 1/6th Martian Girl.

Eddie Wong photo.

Just watched the film again and man, did Jack Nicholson ever ruin that movie.

But the height of the martians made me think that perhaps we'd see more use of the hobbit bodies developed by HT and Sideshow. However the proto pics look like the body is too skinny for it to be the hobbit body.

But the stop motion puppet seems to have a thicker body, arms and legs than the HT proto.

Credits to 'cybergundam'
ma.jpg

ma1.jpg
I saw these pics earlier and I gotta say they look fantastic! I've always liked this movie, a lot of people hated it, but it's because they didn't understand that is was a parody of a martian invasion flick.

I'll be getting both of these figures for sure! :rock

What is interesting is that Burton put his girlfriend at the time Lisa Marie as the Martian Girl. If they do a 1:6 I wonder if they'll bother to try to get her likeness down as it still pretty evident even under the makeup....

Mars_Attacks1.jpg

ma_100LisaMarie.jpg

92967594_2fa4f70e02.jpg

imgLisa%20Marie2.jpg

That's what I think (and hope).

More pics:

Firstly... So glad they got this license... Great flick....

I think that the jaw and tongue and possibly the eyes are all articulated.
The sculpt looks the same on both figures. And the tongue is in different position on both.

CosBabies. I hope we get a 1/6th Martian Girl.

Eddie Wong photo.

Cosbabies might be very good hint at what we see from this line. Leader, Ambassador, Trooper and Martian Girl. No humans. The more i think about it, I really want the Martian Girl. She would make a fantastic display piece.

Back