Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I'm just saying. If Sideshow could get the mole in there years ago, HT has no excuse. They pride themselves on the small details and that is a small detail Sideshow got right and they haven't. So believe it or not, I'm officially no longer happy with this HT sculpt because of the lack of the mole. Resculpt or FAIL at this point. I mean Sarah got a scar on her shoulder and a line through her eyebrow, but HT can't sculpt a mole for the T-1000?

Here's the same shot with the texture back in.

T10003.jpg

This looks really good. Still just a tad too much texture. Find a middle ground between this and your textureless photo, and you have the figure nailed. Don't forget the chicken pox scar. Also, if you get bored Maulfan, throw some blue light on it. Good work.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm just saying. If Sideshow could get the mole in there years ago, HT has no excuse. They pride themselves on the small details and that is a small detail Sideshow got right and they haven't. So believe it or not, I'm officially no longer happy with this HT sculpt because of the lack of the mole. Resculpt or FAIL at this point. I mean Sarah got a scar on her shoulder and a line through her eyebrow, but HT can't sculpt a mole for the T-1000?

:lol:slap Dear God! Now i have heard everything. How many pages will T1000's missing mole generate?! LOL ____ me some of you guys need to think about getting looser fitting underpants,

Yeah, he handles the Beretta without flinching. Arnold was commented in a similar way too in T1....the thing is they're both playing Terminators so it makes sense that the actors have to really sell that they look comfy firing guns.

:lol Wanderer! :lol

Good catch, Buttmunch.

HT will probably add the mole, but I'm not going to worry if they don't.

It would be a pretty insignifigant feature on a small head sculpt like this.

We'll see soon enough, though.

Robert received lot of attention in arms magazines around the world for is correct and very fast reloading of his Beretta in that scene. I think it was Soldier of fortune that stated that is was the best handling of a gun in the history of Hollywood.

He's a natural.

Near flawless mag changes.

I just realized he is missing his mole on his chin. Yep, HT has to redo the sculpt. Even Sideshow got the mole!

goldmember.jpg

It may not be missed, but for some reason intentionally ommitted. Both the HT Wayne sculpts and Connor sculpt ommit Bale's large mole or whatever that is on his nose near his right eye socket. I think there is some idealization to Hot Toys' work. Also, I don't see any distinct mole on the Sideshow 1/6 head, maybe the proto had it more and the paint's too thick on the production but I just looked at mine and you really can't see anything. NECA's sculpt also lacks it, seems like no one adds it.

Personally, I like the latest proposal of Maulfan (I mean his post ≠1067 :clap, because for the very last post, so much schoolboy humor! :lol)
But before you want the absolute likeness (the mole here, the scar of chickenpox there), should already be that the proportions are correct and that everything in the right place (there, I already see some that do not fail to put me a Mr. Potato head with eyes instead of the mouth... :wink1:). How can we know this without having a profile view? By not based on a front view (which, I believe, is first, in cons-diving, and the other, a little side view), it is difficult if not impossible, to understand certain features of a face.
Excerpted JustinLuck (≠ 1072) have the merit of showing how a face can seem so different depending on its expression or the angle at which it is regarded. Do we want a T1000 with benevolent look or otherwise in search of its target acquisition with jaw tight? The second choice is obvious, I think, right?
I still do not understand the politics of Hot Toys, which tends to always try out a prototype quickly-badly done and wait for customer feedback to possibly make some changes. I know the answer (I assure you): productivity / profitability... The business, always business :slap
:lecture But we should not confuse speed with haste...

Maybe it was left off of the T-1000, but I know for sure the X-files Doggett has it.

But the lack of Bale's nose mole has also bugged me. That mole bugs me everytime I see Bale so I really noticed it missing on the headsculpt. Medicom's Bruce has it though! I just got that figure yesterday and I have to admit I am fairly impressed with the sculpt. Medicom just can't paint to save their lives though.

And yeah, I could live with the T-1000 not having that mole, but it at the very least would give them a legit reason to go back and improve the sculpt. I think your manip is perfect. Other than adding the mole missing in it, I don't see how they could improve upon the photo you made.

I've been on a slump lately with collecting. I've been tonning down alot but this figure got me re-interested in collecting. Absolute must get.

For thenumbmagazine:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yoS4Z07ldn8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yoS4Z07ldn8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

The artical mention not once but couple of times that the sculpt is bit off. Looks like HT is going to fix it. :clap

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

Pic 12 looks like the new sculpt for sarah T-1000 version
IMG_2932.jpg

Back