Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breezing past karamazov80 questionable post there,
I am happy Hot Toys may give us a new sculpt.
I was fine with it but I knew they can better and the usually do when there's enough opinion. As was the case with Blade.

Hot damn those new scans are fantastic! Thanks OMG!

Even if no changes are made this is one hell of a figure.

And as for possible changes to the sculpt, I hope they don't end up disimproving it. Didn't people prefer the initial Aldo Raine sculpt to the one we ended up getting? However, to counterbalance, both the revised Marcus Wright and Blade sculpts were universally regarded as superior.

I agree. This will be a great figure.

That pic with all those T-1000 in one shot puts something in perspective for me: I may need to get 4 of these figures and a couple of bodies. The fact that the the motorcycle helmet comes without a head makes it a necessity to get an extra figure or 2 just for the basic head and parts.

The more I look at this figure the more I love it... I'm only getting one, so it'll be hard to pick a look for him. I'll probably keep his accessories close by so I can change out his look often :rock

Hell no! The Aldo we ended up getting has better likeness. I think you're thinking of MJ Thriller.

Indeed, much better then the proto pics we did see first. I think this is kojun's best sculpt for Hot Toys yet, though yes the facial expression is not amazing.

25ezlfa.jpg

bgtu34.jpg

Man, that aldo sculpt suffered quite a drop in quality going off those pics, or was this not the case? The T-800 certainly didn't suffer the same.

Not at all, final product(as younger looking as it is) is way better then these proto pics which make him look a bit too old in the eyes.

The lighter blue eyes on the final product looks way way better as well.

Yeah Aldo came out great! That's just not the most flattering in hand pic, no offense Valfar.

I'm thinking the beard and general crispness of the sculpt seems a bit off on the actual thing. Anyway, that's for another thread!

OT - Interesting choice of sig and avatar Valfar. Star Trek VI doesn't get enough love. Very good film and the sets and effects are great. Much prefer those old models to CGI.

By the way has anyone thought of the implications on the T-1000 donut head of asking for the T-1000 headsculpt to be changed? Right now they both look like the same person - if changes are made to the normal RP head then they may not.

Personally I've never thought that the donut head looks dead-on. The battle-damage isn't exaggerated enough (though there may be deliberate technical reasons for this) and the human likeness to RP could be better IMO. Strangely though when I saw the full RP headsculpt of the T-1000, although it looks like the same guy, I found it to be a pretty decent likeness, if admittedly now, also not dead-on.

Last edited:
Maaaannnn those scans are beautiful. :drool
I got sidetracked by commenting on the aldo sculpt :slap

They are brilliant scans. The T-800's were as well. I actually think the T-1000 scans make the headsculpt look better than the HT spec pics!

Can't wait to get this guy.

I actually think the T-1000 scans make the headsculpt look better than the HT spec pics!

The close-up shots look excellent and make me doubt whether changes really need to be made. But it'll be interesting to see if HT do anything. I think its safe to say that when they do make changes it is usually for the better.

Same bud. They ALWAYS do in my opinion.

Glad to see HT still may be tweaking them even further though.
Me and you have been agreeing a lot lately! Great minds, and all that. :lol They definitely make it look better than the spec pics IMO!

The close-up shots look excellent and make me doubt whether changes really need to be made. But it'll be interesting to see if HT do anything. I think its safe to say that when they do make changes it is usually for the better.
Yeah, looking at the shots I think the shape of the head is spot on. As in how narrow and long it is. Maybe the features can be improved but if they're not what the heck, it's awesome as it is.

Back