Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had 2 of these, I wonder how hard it would be to sculpt a spear tip on the pointing finger of the left hand so it could match with the right.

If you had 2 of these, I wonder how hard it would be to sculpt a spear tip on the pointing finger of the left hand so it could match with the right.

Bit of a cut and paste would be easy enough. On a piece as thin as the finger you could get a very clean cut.

The real challenge would be getting metal paint from the finger into the hand to have the blend like the right one, you'd probably have to paint both too for them to look consistent.

IMG_2926.jpg

I can't wait for more HT T-800 vs T-1000 pics. This is just a taste of things to come.

picture.php

Wow, this just looks great. If they tweak the sculpt, for the better, cool, but I'm happy enough with it as is. The problem is, I think they should then redo all 3 sculpts because for sure the donut head looks like the same sculpt with just the damage added, so there'll be inconsistency which I'm not big on.

IMG_2924.jpg

If someone with photoshop can soften the brow furrows between the eyes of the prototype to better match the screen caps, it would be interesting to see what it does to the likeness.

Wow, this just looks great. If they tweak the sculpt, for the better, cool, but I'm happy enough with it as is. The problem is, I think they should then redo all 3 sculpts because for sure the donut head looks like the same sculpt with just the damage added, so there'll be inconsistency which I'm not big on.

Yeah. I've accepted this sculpt from these pics as the official Hot Toys T-1000 figure. I don't really want them to tweak it or redo the portrait. I mean I guess if it's an actual improvement I'll be all for it but I like it AS IS. It captures the character, the sculpt and tones are realistic and it looks fantastic. I definitely see Robert Patrick in there too.

I don't need a 12" version of Robert Patrick I want a highly detailed collectible action figure of the T-1000 and this one fits the bill perfectly.

If they change it I pray its for the better and not that much different from what we're seeing. I doubt it will be that drastic a change.

I'm fine if the overall look of the portrait stays, and they just get the likeness part even closer. Marcus Wright's a good example of how I'd like this to go, the expression on the proto was good, the likeness pretty good, and ultimately, the portrait came out the same, it just looked more like Worthington, so the tweak was for the best, that's what I'd want here if anything's done, that, and like I said, make sure the other two heads are consistent with it too.

I will be getting this , but to mee the original t-800 is the terminator and is way more scarier. I wish hot toys would make a figure of him.

I'm sure they will, when the cash flow they're getting out of T2 has run dry.

yea I'm pretty sure were getting the t1 arnold.
I think the t 1000 sculpt looks incredible... I must say I wasn't completely sold on the sculpt when they showed the official pics BUT the pics of the toy hunters window display as well as these recent mag pics have since convinced me... Looks a lot better, if they decide to tweak it, all the better but as it stands, I'm very much satisfied.

...and the likeness was crap

Compared to most of their other sculpts at the time, it was the closest. They were young then, they didn't have Yulli or any of the talent they have now, I don't blame a likeness that old for being iffy.

It was a good way to further hide his likeness ........... if any.

Yeah, I know why they did it, just stinks, the '84 look is the classic. I'd love to see a Reese sculpt today, between sculpt and paint, I bet HT'd nail those crazy eyes Biehn had going a lot in T1.

Yeah, I know why they did it, just stinks, the '84 look is the classic. I'd love to see a Reese sculpt today, between sculpt and paint, I bet HT'd nail those crazy eyes Biehn had going a lot in T1.

Biehn is a very important part of The Terminator .......... I would treat a Reese as important as the T-1000. It does suck that they couldn't (assuming) do an 84' Reese.

Well, IF they do T1, If there's multiple T-800s I'll be impressed given the extra likeness efforts, if they do '84 Reese I'll be blown away. I agree with his importance, there's a formula to T1 and T2 that I feel should translate to merchandise, you have the killer, you have the protector, and you have the target(s). For me, you should make all of those if you're doing a line of figures, they're all key to the story. T1 means T-800, Kyle and Sarah, T2 means T-800, T-1000, Sarah and John.

Back