Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ :lol I will bodyslam all the Irish with one hand!!!! :lecture

No more Eamon in the MOTUC threads, why?

Too many keyboard warriors. And the one thing I want to do with keyboard warriors, I cannot! ie. hitting them very very hard! :gah:

Well Ebay cancelled by auction because they said it contains a "not for sale item."
I guess the Vietnam ebayer sent them multiple complaints about my auction, why else would my listing be on their radar.
I hope I helped some not get scammed. Maybe I'll start another one just selling a pic so I dont violate ebay's terms.

Got the fig today. Definitely not the real thing. Like ashkanls said, tank top is too small and head looks like he has eye shadow on. I'll have some pics up soon.

But, still a good looking bootleg. With some tweaks to the head and maybe if I buy another tank top, I can make this look decent.

Seller emailed me today (finally) and said the "Items are real. Do not worry"
I told him otherwise, filed a claim then asked the seller we can either return the item for a full refund (which I'm a bit iffy on) or he can give me a partial refund of $125 and call it a day.

He came back said the most he can do is $80. What to do....

By agreeing to any sort of refund, I think the seller unwillingly acknowledges that what he's selling is a fake! But I wonder how many bootleg wolverine were really made? I mean there are so many parts that they needed to do...plus replicate the packaging, etc. I wonder if there are any Vietnamese forum member here who would shed more light on this? I mean, are these abundantly being sold within Vietnam as well? Or are these just being made by that one ebay seller?

Alrighty, here's some pics:

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

This is a VERY nice looking bootleg. Is it worth $300 shipped or more? No way.

Since it seems like I'm stuck with this, I'll probably end up buying a new tank top and tweaking the eyes/face out a bit.

Damn, that's so very close as well, yeah the tank really looks off. Maybe even the coat but that might be me looking at it even more since we know this is a knockoff.

Damn, that's so very close as well, yeah the tank really looks off. Maybe even the coat but that might be me looking at it even more since we know this is a knockoff.

In hand, it really isn't all that bad. Which is kind of scary. I wonder what's next on the bootleggers menu: Blade? DX Batman? older Predator releases?

In hand, it really isn't all that bad. Which is kind of scary. I wonder what's next on the bootleggers menu: Blade? DX Batman? older Predator releases?

You would think they would choose one of the higher more profitable figures that have the least amount of accessories. :monkey1

That's what I'd do! :lol

You would think they would choose one of the higher more profitable figures that have the least amount of accessories. :monkey1

That's what I'd do! :lol

If there's some serious level of profit to be made, I'm sure they'll resort to bootlegging those. If they can pull it off.

Back