Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"TO VEITNAM BOOTLEGGERS"​
To be honest I wouldn't mind having a bootleg, that way I could actual take it out and do so action photos, get him dirty and take some risks. I've seen lots of places going down the interstate that would make great wilderness backdrops for Wolverine. There’s no way I’d take a chance with my Wolverine (It came from Sideshow), but a knockoff I'd risk, I’m just not willing to pay $250-$400 for one. $50 bucks, tops is all I'd pay. IF someone from Vietnam is lurking on these board PM me. You're probably going to get stuck with dozens of them now, why not make a few dollars. You know all those kids you have working in those sweat shops putting these thing together are only getting pennies on the dollar for 12 hr., seven days a week labor. I’ll even keep your name a secret, scouts honor! :peace

Read sig below.:cuckoo:

It looks as if there are fewer more on Ebay then previously. I hope Ebay is taking action. I took the time out to report all remaining listings today. They have already made off with thousands of dollars. I would hate to see anyone else get ripped off. The thing is now there are bootleg figures floating around out there. Anyone new to the game will have to be cautious when purchasing their Wolverine. Lets get these guys off Ebay :chase

Says the guy who took my $135 and told me to pound sand.:rolleyes2

Here's another give away:

IMG_0472.jpg

I don't remember Hot Toys ever having translucent joint areas?

I bought a nude Comedian body from Animal Mother last year and the neck joint was translucent.
I think Wolverine and Comedian were the original 2 that used this body and I thought the first figure to use the flesh toned neck joint was T2 rnold but I may be wrong.
Can anyone who has Comedian and Wolverine confirm this?

Here we go again.
Some chump trying to sell another bootleg but this time showing pictures of a real HT Wolverine figure. Also his or her past sales have all been .99 items.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-1-6-W...862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1d934856

Just saw that. There's not stopping these people!

Just left my negative on his account. Not that it matters since he's not selling any Wolverines on there. I might put up another ebay auction like somebody did here warning people of HT Wolverines from Vietnam or Singapore.

Yeah i reported the listing. This is getting rediculous. However if you notice there are very few auctions still up from Vietnam.

Yeah i reported the listing. This is getting rediculous. However if you notice there are very few auctions still up from Vietnam.

If these were advertised as bootleg/counterfeit, I guess I would have less of a problem with it. I collect vintage G1 Transformers and bootleggers make counterfeits of these too. But at least their auctions are labeled as such.

Hmm, seems to me that many these may not be exactly knockoffs but maybe someone got a hold of all the wolverines that failed quality control.

Maybe someone working for hot toys stole a bunch of them. They are indeed too good to be knockoffs. The discrepancy seems to indicate so. Such as the eyes pointing upwards on some. Maybe the registration was off on the machines that print the eyes so these were passed aside and these guys stole all these.

Although the wifebeater is too short, it still looks like the same shirt. again, another quality control issue. These guys probably stole all the ones that failed quality control.
You know this is a common issues with any figure...buttons missing, tear on a shirt, etc.
It still sucks paying $250 and up for a wolverine that failed Quality control. If they would have advertized it as such and sell it for half the price. It would have been a better alternative for those who can't pay the excessive eBay prices.

Hmm, seems to me that many these may not be exactly knockoffs but maybe someone got a hold of all the wolverines that failed quality control.

Maybe someone working for hot toys stole a bunch of them. They are indeed too good to be knockoffs. The discrepancy seems to indicate so. Such as the eyes pointing upwards on some. Maybe the registration was off on the machines that print the eyes so these were passed aside and these guys stole all these.

Although the wifebeater is too short, it still looks like the same shirt. again, another quality control issue. These guys probably stole all the ones that failed quality control.
You know this is a common issues with any figure...buttons missing, tear on a shirt, etc.
It still sucks paying $250 and up for a wolverine that failed Quality control. If they would have advertized it as such and sell it for half the price. It would have been a better alternative for those who can't pay the excessive eBay prices.

That’s a good possibility, you see half painted and mix matched figure colored plastic on EBay everyday sold as prototypes. Some of these could be from company dumpster diving.

Wow this pisses me off.. I've really wanted a Wolverine Origins figure but now I don't want to order one because of these a**holes making bootleg versions.

Does anyone know if they've done this to any other HT figures?

Mine showed up today. This this is way too nice to be a straight up bootleg. I'm going more with the factory rejected parts theory. If it wasn't for this thread, I probably would've never guessed.

bootleghottoyswolverine02.jpg

bootleghottoyswolverine03.jpg

WOW. Is there suppose to be a lot of buttons on the red shirt of Wolverine? Your Wolverine has quite a bit of buttons on him.

If all these Wolverines are really production rejects that were suppose to go into the dumpster can you imagine how many of these things aren't making the grade.

And if it's true, it says something for Hot Toys QC.

I bought a nude Comedian body from Animal Mother last year and the neck joint was translucent.
I think Wolverine and Comedian were the original 2 that used this body and I thought the first figure to use the flesh toned neck joint was T2 rnold but I may be wrong.
Can anyone who has Comedian and Wolverine confirm this?

Yup, my comedian has translucent neck joint as well, cant be bothered to disassemble my wolverine though.

I think these looks too good to be bootleg as well. But the factory reject theory has some missing evidence as well, that a factory reject items to have the box, seals and packagings? And why is it only wolverine, no other rejects on other figures?

Also, I noticed the ones that these doesnt come with the dogtag???

Also, can anyone take a close up pic of the claws? they look a bit rough and coarse to me judging from the pics I saw earlier.

I just compared it with my wolverine, and they are smooth and shiny.

Man, these are like the Citizen Kane of knock-offs. From afar I can't tell the difference.

Yeah, it's crazy. I actually don't mind having it in my collection, but it does bug me a bit to know it could be better :lol

Mine has the dogtags & all the parts, though part of the stand was loose in the cavity under the figure tray. Not sure if the real deals were like that? Oh yeah, and my claws are smooth & shiny, though there is a touch of residure at thier bases (no finger prints luckily).

Yup, my comedian has translucent neck joint as well, cant be bothered to disassemble my wolverine though.

I think these looks too good to be bootleg as well. But the factory reject theory has some missing evidence as well, that a factory reject items to have the box, seals and packagings? And why is it only wolverine, no other rejects on other figures?

Also, I noticed the ones that these doesnt come with the dogtag???

Where could the boxes have come from; overstock.

Yeah, it's crazy. I actually don't mind having it in my collection, but it does bug me a bit to know it could be better :lol

Mine has the dogtags & all the parts, though part of the stand was loose in the cavity under the figure tray. Not sure if the real deals were like that? Oh yeah, and my claws are smooth & shiny, though there is a touch of residure at thier bases (no finger prints luckily).

how much did you pay for yours, if you dont mind me asking?

for $100 shipped, I dont mind having these factory rejects, but for what I believe they are going for ($300-350 a pop), I'd rather add another $100 more ($400-$450) and get the real deal.

Back