Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap THEY ARE!

Sorry, am I being dumb?! Your link took me back to page one of this thread with all the official pics. Is this your way of saying that the eBay ones are real HT gear? If so please tell me, but I would like to know this for sure before I part with a chunk of my money. Seeing as a lot of folks on here don't think they are legit, coupled with the fact that some of these sellers listings say they have '18 available' forgive me for being a tad worried!
Please let me know.

Right, your link took me back to page one of this thread, as I said in my pervious post. But by copy and pasting it to a new window it took me to your post on your eBay figure. Thank you for posting the pics and info on your findings. There was however no need to be rude, when if you had read my post properly you'd have seen I'd had trouble with your link and was understandable confused at where it seemed you'd pointed me.
Not looking to have a row with you, just saying that we are all in this wonderful hobby together and that it's nice to be nice.

Time for me to put up or shut up .. I choose put up

Full box images included, with instructions and even the HT anit-moisture baggy

P8130764.jpg

P8130767.jpg

P8130773.jpg

P8130774.jpg

P8130769.jpg

P8130770.jpg

P8130772.jpg

Thanks for the great pics. I see what you mean, it's close, but somehow lacking. So do you go along with the rejects idea? It's just with there being so many of them about you wonder how many reject ones there could be?

Edit... Have you had the jacket and shirt off? I just wondered about the arms and chest, do they look hairy etc as you'd expect?

Even if these are "2nds" and not bootlegs then they should be sold as that and not "You are bidding on a brand new, limited edition and factory sealed X-MEN ORIGINS - Wolverine 12" Action Figure by Hot Toys."
These assclowns are knowingly ripping people off and screwing the rest of us with the real figure.
It's not a bad looking figure and if the price was right it would be nice to part it out for some bashes but I think the real issue is the resale factor. Someone with a "bootleg" will try to sale it later on and the person buying it will be screwed because they thought they were buying a real one.

Time for me to put up or shut up .. I choose put up

Full box images included, with instructions and even the HT anit-moisture baggy

P8130764.jpg

P8130767.jpg

P8130773.jpg

P8130774.jpg

P8130769.jpg

P8130770.jpg

P8130772.jpg

You're a little late to the party bro, lots of pics have been posted of the fake in this thread (mine included).

Easiest way to tell is by looking at the pants.. cut way too long. There's little differences on almost all the parts of the figure, including the color tone of the box. Go back to page 387 and start reading to catch 'em all if you can't see 'em.

If you're happy with it that's fine, enjoy the figure - but it's still a bootleg :lol

I plan on doing some kind of custom with mine eventually...

I can't believe these idiots have to ruin our hobby:gah: I bought mine like the first week it came out at toys 2 from Eric who is awesome, so mine is 100% real. I might have to part with this wolvie sooner or later! Make some room lol

Even if these are "2nds" and not bootlegs then they should be sold as that and not "You are bidding on a brand new, limited edition and factory sealed X-MEN ORIGINS - Wolverine 12" Action Figure by Hot Toys."
These assclowns are knowingly ripping people off and screwing the rest of us with the real figure.
It's not a bad looking figure and if the price was right it would be nice to part it out for some bashes but I think the real issue is the resale factor. Someone with a "bootleg" will try to sale it later on and the person buying it will be screwed because they thought they were buying a real one.

And here's an example and seller is from Cali probably bought it from those vietnam sellers for 250+ and freaking was able to make a profit. Hope buyer is not someone from our community since I already posted this listing a few pages back and I even track one of the buyers from those vietnam sellers that have almost the same ebay id just change s to z and vise versa.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170659766820

Looks like people just don't care as long as they have something Hot Toys-ish. But $200.00?

I was looking at these ebay listings last night with intention to buy but thought it was a little strange that the same guy had so many listings for the one figure. Thankfully i can rely on the awesomeness of this forum to keep me well informed and stop me from making poor choices.

That is what a dumb blonde would say! Please dont have kids for all of humanity.

Actually I agree - HT does need to release another wave in response to the bootlegs. That would kill ebay demand for the fakes. They wouldn't even need to rush them out - just an announcement would stifle them a bit. Also raising the matter with ebay and getting the sellers blocked etc.

The (probably more popular) alternative would be to announce a Wolverine in X-Men Uniform - that would kill demand for the fakes as well.

I wouldn't risk it on this one. Looks to be the same seller I got my fake from, just different username. He has the manufactured feedbacks and all...

I wouldn't buy a Wolverine off of EBay right now unless I could get it for $50 or less. I gave Sideshow $169 for the real deal, I sure as heck wouldn't pay more for a fake.

Back