Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Hard to tell these bootlegs from the real deal. I think this is the first time this has happened with Hot Toys. A troubling precedent. . .

Having said that, I wouldn't mind having a spare set of claws, bootleg or no :D

Wow, there's dozens of them, "if a head is cut off, two more will take its place"...
reported a bunch of them just recently... it's one thing if there's one or two recast heads, but a full figure scam... this is organized crime... :panic:

^^^ Hot Toys cares about how much "they" sell, not you or me.

4d979fc7-2774-eea7-708b-5c9177a546fd-fb_kanye_MikeMyers.jpg

I finally opened up my Fake one and put it out. Its not bad if you are more then 2 + feet away. Seller refunded me $50 and offered another $50 if I removed the feedback, but he never sent me the request for it.

So glad I came on here to read your guys reviews of the figure before I bit the bullet on ebay.

Is the jury still out on bad batches that were thrown out and stolen?

Mad at myself for not getting him when he came out. I didnt think it was a big of deal since pretty much the movie is hated.

Lesson learned.

I think that these wolverines figures are'nt fake, or bootleg.. just HT defective figures with minor problems that failed the HT quality control. :lecture

I can't compare them in hand, but looking all that pictures ..damn!! the fabrics looks exactly the same and this is something very dificult to copy and match100%..and what I'm seeing are "multiple diferences" between all of them, but the funny thing, is that they do'nt share a single common difference ¿? :monkey1.

I have seen some "defective" HeadSculpts on Ebay (pictures ) that they had to skip the HT quality control (lazy eye, and minor and barely noticiable paint problems for example),and have seen some original T800 from T1 with fewer buttons on the jacket, slightly differences on predators netting pattern, minor paint problems, slightly different color on sheva Alomar name plate (base stand)........and the list goes on

Even my original wolverine (purchased when was released in HK ) was missing a button shirt (or fell apart ¿?) and it does'nt mean it was a bootleg wolverine :/

And one more thing: I purchased 2 wolverines at the same time , and I sold one of them long time ago but:

One of them had the instruction sheet folded inside a plastic bag (as usual) under the base stand.. however, the other one, the instruction sheet was unfolded (and not inside the plastic) just placed between the clam shell and the cardboard cover.

Both had plastic trays covering the claws, but one of them had the fists plasticized previously, and the other did'nt have that plastic :/

I have seen pictures of the red shirt with sleeves unstitched BTW (I mean, from the wirst )

Both were ORIGINAL not bootleg :lecture

Last edited:
Buttend is bidding on his own auctions at $199 and change with fake accounts. This has really gotten ridiculous that ebay can allow for this type of manipulation to go on. Pretty entertaining to see this go on though and what someone will do to make a buck.

Yeah, just a crappy situation all around. My seller offerred to refund me $120 if I removed my feedback, but wouldn't refund until I changed it first.

I told him to screw off. Not desperate for the money and would rather him keep the neg (wouldn't trust this dirtbag to refund me anyways).

The sad thing is, one of his other customers contacted me after he saw my neg. Poor guy didn't know he had a knock-off, I felt pretty bad to be the one to break it to him..

I sent an email to a Mexico buyer who bought a bootleg, and he emailed me back with attitude saying "if you have a problem with the seller, why are you emailing me with this, this is not my problem":cuckoo::slap

Back