Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an email to a Mexico buyer who bought a bootleg, and he emailed me back with attitude saying "if you have a problem with the seller, why are you emailing me with this, this is not my problem":cuckoo::slap

WOW. Go figure. I guess some people really don't care.:gah:

Finally worked up the guts to crack mine open. Took a couple shots last night.

wolverine01.jpg

wolverine03m.jpg

Thanks!

I'm not that good of a photographer, but I'm trying out some different things, and I thought colored lights might be fun. Red just seemed a natural color for Wolverine.

I think we need to stop referring to this as a bootleg. It's quite clear that if anything these are seconds.

I have one and it's great. While I now know it's not necessarily an official HT release, it's not a knock off either.

Isnt the term bootleg referring to not an official release? So in a way, if it were rejects than it is not an official release.

Of course you are going to defend this, you own one.

It sucks you got one too man, but unfortunately it's a bootleg.

If it's not an official release, it's a bootleg. If it makes you feel better though, I guess you could call it a HT reject. :lol

I've been looking for a wolverine for a while now one has come up for sale on eBay.UK .
But with a lot of bootlegs on the market is there a sure way to tell a bootleg from an official Hot Toys release ?
Does the bootleg come with instructions,there's only two pictures one of the box and one of him in the box .

Any help would be great
Andrew

It seems the bootleg ones do have the instructions In some cases.
I'm after one too mate, but I'm not risking eBay, gonna wait until one comes on here for sale.

Keep your eyes on the sale thread here, that way you can buy from a trusted board member who'll be able to tell you where it came from.

Isnt the term bootleg referring to not an official release? So in a way, if it were rejects than it is not an official release.

Of course you are going to defend this, you own one.

No bootleg suggests that the product has been ripped off, possibly remolded using original molds and resold in another for, under another brand or brand.

I have a nespresso coffee machine that was purchased as a factory second, it was not sold by a nespresso agent, rather at an auction house....are you going to tell me that's a bootleg.

These figures are complete, in factory packaging, as we have seen some have messed up buttons, but that's about it.

They are clearly seconds, released, may be to be destroyed or even stolen from a HT factory. not bootlegs, the work is far too close to the properly released ones.

We need to see some detailed pics of one of these dodgy eBay ones. That way maybe we can form a real idea of whats what. Someone who has one care to upload some?
If it's a case of these really being 2nd's or rejects, then at a good price they might be worth picking up, at least for parts, bashes etc.
If however they are cheap and nasty copies then at least we'd know and be able to put the matter to bed.

We need to see some detailed pics of one of these dodgy eBay ones. That way maybe we can form a real idea of whats what. Someone who has one care to upload some?
If it's a case of these really being 2nd's or rejects, then at a good price they might be worth picking up, at least for parts, bashes etc.
If however they are cheap and nasty copies then at least we'd know and be able to put the matter to bed.

look at the second post and the next 10 pages after that.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61823&page=387

Back