Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gots mine today!

016-3.jpg

Other than the face and box comparisons, what other items can we check to see if its a fake?

start of with the obvious dark mascara around the eyes, then eyes looking at a weird angle...like up and to the right, pants too long, very short wifebeater...It barely touches the pants. Basically, you cant tuck it in cause its way short. Also, sloppy glue marks on the claws.
Real ones have excellent paintjob, and the clothes are well tailored. Basically, the clothes are a big giveaway. The tailoring on yours appears to be very good.

Last edited:
start of with the obvious dark mascara around the eyes, then eyes looking at a weird angle...like up and to the right, pants too long, very short wifebeater...It barely touches the pants. Basically, you cant tuck it in cause its way short. Also, sloppy glue marks on the claws.
Real ones have excellent paintjob, and the clothes are well tailored. Basically, the clothes are a big giveaway. The tailoring on yours appears to be very good.

Thanks for the info Remy, and everyone else who contributed!

I don't know about that last one.. The pants look a bit too long, just like mine which is a bootleg. Still a nice figure though.

I don't know about that last one.. The pants look a bit too long, just like mine which is a bootleg. Still a nice figure though.

Maybe he didn't pull the wolverine's pants high up enough. :dunno

Ya, the red shirt was untucked and he had some bum sag jeans going on. I tucked in the shirt now and pulled up the pants...plus he's not standing straight up. All good now. Plus he has no other signs of a bootleg. I don't think a fellow board member would knowingly sell me a bootleg :hi5:

Not my pics but no matter how you look at it even though these pics look great, you can just see that it looks like he is wearing a mascara. Also, notice the wifebeater, its way too short. Also, I've noticed on the hair on the bootlegs seems more glossy and has darker patches.

well i dont know how much those bootlegs go for but they look good enough to display for those that cant afford the close-to-500-bucks authentic version lol

Back