Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I was just being goofy.

Looking at them side by side, I'd say an advantage of HT over Medi is the definition of the anatomy, all the line and texture on the Medi looks to blend together, but in the HT, the individual parts look to be more defined from one another.

Ah, sorry.

But yes, the definition of detail looks much sharper on the HT figure. In part because of the paint apps, but also because the detail is sculpted very deeply, so there's a lot more definiton to it. It's not that the medi dosen't have the detailing, it's that it isn't as deeply "carved" into the material, so the lines look much softer.

-Dude, you look fat! What's with those hips and thighs!
-Yeah, gotta cut back on those yummy astronauts...

DSC02341.jpg

The Medicom looks so much more like the on-screen Alien it's ridiculous.

What were they thinking with that head? I've been trying to be diplomatic, but it's just awful.

Well that's what I mean, with Medi it seems like you need to get close to it to see the fine details, but the HT one, their sculpt and paint work really makes it pop even pulled back to a full body view.

I think at 1/6, or just anything 1/2 or less, a certain extra deepness to line sculpting is needed to help it pop out, or a very detailed paint job that enhances soft lines, but at least if they're sculpted deep, if your paint job is lacking you're still ok.

I bet with a paint job to pop the lines, the Medicom would look more detailed.

Does the HT Head really sit that high above the shoulders? Seems the neck might be too long compared to the medi.

I don't really agree there Maulfan. I can see just as much detail in the Medi in that shot just above.

The Medi is really well detailed, it just lacks a decent paint job. Talking of which, do you guys remember a poster called Lovecrafty, who did a fantastic re-paint on the Neca Alien? Well he's just got the Medicom, and he intends a full repaint.

Take care little man.
DSC02348.jpg

Pjam: yes, the head does sit that high, most people photograph the figure with the head looking down (which, incidentally, it can do so well because the neck is so long), so it's not that apparent. I just took a couple of shots with the figure standing upright.

MF: I'm working on a repaint of the Medi-alien, right now it's still a WIP, we'll see how much I'm able to bring out the detail...

DSD: can't wait to see what Lovecrafty can do with it!

Nice pictures abake, but damnit that face on the HT figure is ruining it. I still hope they give us a Queen though.
But at this point, I don't think it'll happen anymore.

Both are very nice figures though.
Glad yours arrived safely.
Can you please post a pic of the HT Geiger next to your custom Cameron?

These photos have been entertaining, but I still give Les' smoking ALIENS warrior the funniest Alien figure shot :lol

Where would be a good spot to find a loose 1/6 jonesy type cat? I could change some of these words and make it sound really really dirty but I didn't!

Found them.

Oh...thanks!
It does remind me of the "smart gremlin" a bit. :lol

Where would be a good spot to find a loose 1/6 jonesy type cat? I could change some of these words and make it sound really really dirty but I didn't!

Ummm... I got mine with the Aoshima alien, but I think you can simply get any miniature cat/ kittens and work with those.

I think looking back at the Aliens figures, all accuracy aside just speaking about overall quality (since hell neither are accurate right? I can't tell) it's amazing how far Hot Toys has come. I know it's said all the time but they have really upped their game in the last year or two.

Here are some photos more from my birthday autogift :banana

This is just I ever imagined an alien fig:

Night mode:

alien3-2.jpg

alien-1.jpg

alien2-1.jpg

alien6.jpg

Day mode:

alht.jpg

alht2.jpg

alht3.jpg

alht4.jpg

I'm very happy with this big chappo :joy

It's far from be the perfect representation of the alien 1 creature, but it's really awesome...

Back