Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't bother me anymore, i'm used to it. When my internet is firing on all cylinders it only takes about 5 seconds to re-size a couple of photos anyway.

When I posted my shots earlier in this thread I did take the time out to re-size them though

It's a general courtesy, everyone visiting this site has varying browsers, monitors, internet connections, etc. and depending on those, image sizes can really taint the experience of trying to visit this site.

Ideally, images should be kept to sizes of no more than 900 pixels at the largest dimension.

It's a general courtesy,

Most sites I've been on it is heavily frowned upon and if they do it mods will quickly intervene to untag it and with a warning to the rules. Which doesn't seem to apply here sadly.

I'm sure courtesy doesn't come into this with their 50MB cable and T1 connections.

everyone visiting this site has varying browsers, monitors, internet connections, etc. and depending on those, image sizes can really taint the experience of trying to visit this site.

It's not so much that for me as in downloading or what browser when it comes to the evening. Even on 2560x1600 these 2xxx 3xxx and larger photos are just ridiculous. Since you're a Mac user as well you probably don't full screen your browser either but it is friggin annoying when people start posting 5, 8, 10 photos like the 1:1 Batmobile thread and it's only a matter of time before it infests to other threads from the same practice and the lack of consistency in thumbnails. Thats when it starts to bog down my connection. 3MB per photo for god sake. 4 photos of 12MB while you're scrolling ridiculously amounts <----------------------------------> until it's all loaded. Thats what really pisses me off because while you're reading, the friggin images are bouncing the browser as each one loads.

Ideally, images should be kept to sizes of no more than 900 pixels at the largest dimension.

900 or 1000 aint so bad wide. 1100 - 1400 aint so bad either when it's length but not 3xxx 4xxx 5xxx wide.

Is it so hard for people to resize to an acceptable resolution? does it really require that much effort?

Well I'm not sure how we got onto image size/resolution in the T-800 thread, but I'm in the 'a lot of these images are unnecessarily big' camp. Maybe if folks want to show off super-fine detail they can do so in a special thread?

Finally got mine!!!

4786629546_14faa3b0cb_o.jpg

Great figure.....but but but I got my first ever hand peg breaking incident from Hot Toys!!! :wtf?!
Thk god they included extra hand pegs.....but the peg is still stuck inside the left first....arggghhhh

Boil the kettle, dip the hand into a little bowl and pry the broken stub out of the hole with a needle.

Funny, the hair on my T-800 has like no gloss finnish at all..was this a running change? or maybe they missed that step on my figure.

Funny, the hair on my T-800 has like no gloss finnish at all..was this a running change? or maybe they missed that step on my figure.

Could just be the photo too, with some of these figures, some lighting can make surfaces look to have a different finish than to the naked eye, the Harvey Dent figure's a great example, whatever the flesh was done with on that one really plays tricks in the camera compared to just looking at the figure.

thankfully I've not borked any pegs yet, at least now I know what to do if that happens.

This is part of what makes this forum so awesome - hairdryers, boiling water, locktite, paperclips, tweezers etc etc, who knew? The advice of experienced collectors in how to handle these expensive little playthings is invaluable.

...but I still haven't been game to replace Arnie's t-shirt :). It's so hard to tell from figure to figure how robust they are, and sometimes you just get a factory lemon with a weak joint or something.

Back