Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
133.jpg

Awesome! :clap

This is what i was talking about with the hair having no gloss on it at all. I will take better pics maybe..i just cropped these.

644cpu.jpg

167nwn8.jpg

Nah what i am saying is, even to the naked eye..the hair does not look glossy/wet at all..there is no finish like that applied to mine so, i was curious to know if other people who own this figure, have a glossy/wet finish to theirs.

Looks wet here..

34130_449819890660_690560660_644214.jpg

It doesn't look wet to me, it's a subtle matt sheen but that definitely isn't glossy. The sculpted hair would need to have thinner strands to take that look away. Which would no doubt break. Thicker strands more light bounces off it.

It must be the light then, i have other pics i took that make the hair look a bit more shiny then other pics, though to the naked eye its doesn't look wet like that.

Nah what i am saying is, even to the naked eye..the hair does not look glossy/wet at all..there is no finish like that applied to mine so, i was curious to know if other people who own this figure, have a glossy/wet finish to theirs.

Looks wet here..

34130_449819890660_690560660_644214.jpg

Oily substance? OH NO! Like the Batman DX. I've heard a few complaint about that...

What batch is that figure from? That could deteriorate the figure. :(

Oily substance? OH NO! Like the Batman DX. I've heard a few complaint about that...

What batch is that figure from? That could deteriorate the figure. :(

You wish, you just want to lube it up.

Speaking of the hair, I love the faint highlight work on the top to help enhance the spike detail showing, a really nice touch, but not done so strong you realize it's paint. Really a top not effort all around.

These images make me want to install halogens in my shelves to bring the details out in my figures - looking at these shots has made me realise that so much of the great sculpting work in this head goes unshowcased because of ordinary lighting :(

Love this. Especially the fact it hasn't picked up the excessive amount of freckles like most peoples have.

What's your light source? window? lamp?

Thanks!

To be honest it's just simple lamp with a 60watt bulb in it sitting about 2 feet from Arnie...no real magic here, i just know how to use macro focus when the time comes and where to send the light...

Thanks for the compliment, i have seen some of your work so i know you must mean it if you're diggin' a shot. :)

M.

The paint up on these definately differs because my first one has a skin tone of someone who doesn't get much sun. The other has a bit of a tan.

More great shots there Maulfan.

Last edited:
if you read this maulfan, I was wondering if you minded if I used one of your photo's of t-800 in a new banner? if not, that's ok, thought it would polite to ask first.

Back