Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any chance the second wave is a dx version? The only reason I'm holding off buying this is cause I heard a rumor that the T800 was gonna getting a dx treatment, which I think is kind of likely.

second wave here just means they're making more of this figure because it sold so well. DX T-800 might come later though but a rumor is exactly what it is...for now.

I wish it wasn't a rumor.

tumor.jpg

:nana:

I can dream, can't I?

Do these DX rumors have any merit? A hint of some kind? Or did someone just make up a wishful request? Just curious.

Do these DX rumors have any merit? A hint of some kind? Or did someone just make up a wishful request? Just curious.

It's rumor mill based on what accessories and such are yet to be made for the T-800. With all the gear and looks yet to be covered for T-800, you could either get a very robust DX set out of it, or (after T-1000) just a robust MMS release, or 2 more MMS releases. Hard to say just how HT will handle it, but after the T-1000, I'm confident whatver they do, we'll get all the goodies to make all the T-800 looks we could want when all is said and done.

Hey guys, is the neck of this figure molded to the body detatchable? And also, are the pegs for the feet and hands the same?

Hey guys, is the neck of this figure molded to the body detatchable? And also, are the pegs for the feet and hands the same?

Neck and trunk of body are one piece. Inside the neck area is an extension of the neck plug. Wrist pegs are larger than a regular truetype body and foot pegs are longer than a regular truetype body.

Side notes, the dutch head will fit, but modded the head plug is a must or his neck is even longer than on the Dutch body. Also I've found that even with the mod, you don't have much movement left. Regular wrist plug will fit but come out easy and leave gaps, regular foot pegs are fine.

And even though some have said that the thighs on the T-800 make him looks shinny, I've found most 1/6 pants to be very tight over them including Dutch's.

The other day I was moving my T-800 around... Got a little rough I guess cause his arm fell off and for a second I thought Id snapped it in half that would have been the first time it ever happened to me... But then I found out both arms pop out... Let me tell you that was not a fun moment...

The other day I was moving my T-800 around... Got a little rough I guess cause his arm fell off and for a second I thought Id snapped it in half that would have been the first time it ever happened to me... But then I found out both arms pop out... Let me tell you that was not a fun moment...

Cool story bro...glad it wasn't broken.
at-first-i-was-like.jpg

Got mine yesterday:hi5:, wow HT knocked this one out of the park.

I remember showing Dutch to my wife and she said "wow, that's Arnold"

I show her the T-800, and she grabs it from my mitts and stares at it for a minute and sighs and says "this hobby of yours is gonna break the bank..." :yess:

I got my replacement from Redford today, and guess what, as soon as I touched the Endo hand, the thumb broke off AGAIN!!! Literally, I just touched it a bit, to see if I could pose it and it just fell off. The first thing I do when I open it up and the thumb breaks off.

Same friggin thing that happened last time, except it was broken off in the package before. I feel stupid emailing again for a replacement, and I don't want to just superglue it back together.

Is this a widespread problem?? Are other people having fingers break off??

I got my replacement from Redford today, and guess what, as soon as I touched the Endo hand, the thumb broke off AGAIN!!! Literally, I just touched it a bit, to see if I could pose it and it just fell off. The first thing I do when I open it up and the thumb breaks off.

Same friggin thing that happened last time, except it was broken off in the package before. I feel stupid emailing again for a replacement, and I don't want to just superglue it back together.

I've got two, and haven't had any problems with either of them.

The fingers came off as soon as I opened mine and picked up the endo arm as well. Notice how I said came off instead of snapped off. With mine, the fingers would merely come off the joints, not actually snap off. It's just due to the joints being so small, they fall off easily. Nothing ever actually broke on mine, I just put them back on. It's fiddly but as I say, nothing broke. I'd imagine yours is the same, I wouldn't bother with replacements, just try to stick the fingers back onto the joints, see if it works! If not and they are broke, hope you get it sorted mate!

The fingers came off as soon as I opened mine and picked up the endo arm as well. Notice how I said came off instead of snapped off. With mine, the fingers would merely come off the joints, not actually snap off. It's just due to the joints being so small, they fall off easily. Nothing ever actually broke on mine, I just put them back on. It's fiddly but as I say, nothing broke. I'd imagine yours is the same, I wouldn't bother with replacements, just try to stick the fingers back onto the joints, see if it works! If not and they are broke, hope you get it sorted mate!

Nah, these are actually broken off. It's bare, smooth plastic, it's like the paint fused the joint and it just twisted off when I tried to move the thumb and finger.

Yea, paint is like that on my Endo arm as well. The paint got into some of the joints making them stiff and no longer functional.

Neck and trunk of body are one piece. Inside the neck area is an extension of the neck plug. Wrist pegs are larger than a regular truetype body and foot pegs are longer than a regular truetype body.

Side notes, the dutch head will fit, but modded the head plug is a must or his neck is even longer than on the Dutch body. Also I've found that even with the mod, you don't have much movement left. Regular wrist plug will fit but come out easy and leave gaps, regular foot pegs are fine.

And even though some have said that the thighs on the T-800 make him looks shinny, I've found most 1/6 pants to be very tight over them including Dutch's.

Sweet, hopefully I can buy the pieces all separately on ebay and save a bundle on this T-800 :rock

Back