Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Game, I tried adjusting it a little but the head just doesn't pop/snap into place with the peg, it kind of just rests on it and if I give it a little nudge with my thumb the head falls right off, there's very little effort needed not even a pull. I guess if I don't touch it it should be fine but is there a way to give it a tighter fit?

So if you turn him upside down, does the head fall off?
Please test it.(make sure to do it over your bed and just a few inches above it to stop the head from falling and losing/damaging it)
If it does fall off, then thats not supposed to happen.

I have to admit that I found it very hard to snap the head back in place on mine because the neck kept moving and the peg was in the neck, and not the head, making it harder for me.
This might be your problem too...if so, keep trying and dont forget to take the peg out of the neck piece and put it into the head instead to make it easier.

Not sure why, but I find the head attachment inconcistent, probably due to the necks. On my black shirt fig the neck is slimmer looking and the head can't go all the way down on it, on my grey shirt fig, the neck looks beefier but the head snaps on snug. Neither head will pop off with slight touch, but my black shirt one will come loose during a shoot depending on how much I pose the head or neck for the shot.

Hmmm....thats interesting to know. That could also be quiggles problem.
Just do that upside down test, quiggle, and let us know.

yup just tried it it did fall off. the head is now on the bed, looking at the the figure now do you think maybe its the rubber part of the neck thickness that is causing the head not to be able go down to snap into place with the peg?

here is a pic of it

img2056qp.jpg

maybe the rubber ring on the inside of the head was made to thick not allowing it to go fully over the neck peg?

yup just tried it it did fall off. the head is now on the bed, looking at the the figure now do you think maybe its the rubber part of the neck thickness that is causing the head not to be able go down to snap into place with the peg?

here is a pic of it

img2056qp.jpg

It looks fine to me, quiggle.
Im guessing you have the same problem as I had when trying to pop the head back on...it was very hard to do.
I REALLY had to struggle to make it "pop" into the neck piece.
I dont think there is anything wrong with it quiggle, i think you just have to try harder.
Hold the figure firmly, squeeze the neck area to stop it moving everywhere and really push the head down hard until it pops into place.
It might be easier if you have someone to help you.
Just be careful.

by the way, the weathering effect on the jacket looks really nice on your figure.
For some reason, mine didnt have any weathering at all so i had to do it myself with fine sandpaper and talcum power applied with a paintbrush.

thanks Game and everyone for the feedback, should I try taking the peg out of the neck and putting it into the head then back onto the torso? I don't want to put too much force pressure on the head/neck and end up cracking something.

by the way, the weathering effect on the jacket looks really nice on your figure.
For some reason, mine didnt have any weathering at all so i had to do it myself with fine sandpaper and talcum power applied with a paintbrush.

thanks Game maybe this was an area Hot Toys revised a bit for the second wave. I also noticed a lot of weathering scruff on the boots, is that like yours as well?

how come the area where the lapels are on the collar of the jacket are sewn down instead of letting them wave freely?

thanks Game and everyone for the feedback, should I try taking the peg out of the neck and putting it into the head then back onto the torso? I don't want to put too much force pressure on the head/neck and end up cracking something.

Well yeah, im sure thats what I did and it made it easier for me.
Although I might be remembering it wrong and did it the other way round(peg in body, not the neck...cant really remember)
but definitely try it and see if its any easier.
I remember having to adjust the rubber a bit by moving it a bit to allow the head to fit...it looks like you have to move the rubber on yours too.
and you should also make sure that the peg is "straight" before trying to snap the head to the body.
you have to remember that you HAVE to apply quite a bit of force to make it snap into place....very nerve racking i know.
just dont use too much force and you should be ok.
i dont think you should worry about snapping the peg though...its very strong.
the neck is the only thing worth worrying about in my opinion...hold it tight and keep it in line with the body and you should be fine.

Last edited:
thanks Game maybe this was an area Hot Toys revised a bit for the second wave. I also noticed a lot of weathering scruff on the boots, is that like yours as well?

how come the area where the lapels are on the collar of the jacket are sewn down instead of letting them wave freely?

yeah, my boots are the only thing that were weathered...but i still added a bit of "dust" to them(talcum powder)

I believe the parts that are sewn down are done like that to give it the same look as it would if it were real size....basically, it gives the effect of "weight" to it...
because these things are so small and "light", they wont behave the same way as the full size versions would.
if it wasnt sewn down, it would stick up because there is no weight to it, and it would not look realistic...hope you understand what i mean.

thanks Game, I will give your suggestions a try it's very helpful

on a bad note I was just away trying to switch the right punch fist with the open hand to have the shotgun hold pose and the little peg snapped off and broke inside the hand and I can't get it out now, do you know how I could remove it?

on a bad note I was just away trying to switch the right punch fist with the open hand to have the shotgun hold pose and the little peg snapped off and broke inside the hand and I can't get it out now, do you know how I could remove it?

Oooops!
How did you manage to break it?
Didnt you use a small screwdriver to make it easier?
The only way I can think to remove it would be to drill it out...although I would have to see a picture of it before I could say for sure.
Other members may have better solutions as im just guessing here as ive never broke a peg in my life.

I just watched a new T2 T800 review on youtube and the guy also has the "problem" of not being able to pop the head on.
just follow my suggestions and you should be fine.
just be careful this time lol

You can try popping the hand in boilng water for 20 secs then see if u can get some long nose pliers on it or something.

In future always pop hands in normal hot water in the sink, leave em for a bit then pull the peg out dead straight, without pulling them at weird angles as thats what breaks them half the time. The same goes for heads as well :peace

You can try popping the hand in boilng water for 20 secs then see if u can get some long nose pliers on it or something.

In future always pop hands in normal hot water in the sink, leave em for a bit then pull the peg out dead straight, without pulling them at weird angles as thats what breaks them half the time. The same goes for heads as well :peace

i was just about to mention water to quiggle in regards to popping the head onto the neck.
water should help for that too, shouldnt it?

very good thanks Crimson and Game, yeah I used one of the small eyeglasses screw drivers and was able to dig it out. thankfully there are the extra pegs with the roses. wow these are very fragile maybe I should just superglue the head onto the top of the neck peg instead? do you think that will interact with the materials and cause discoloration or breaking down?

definitely remember about the water soak for hands when T-1000 arrives, since a lot of hand swapping for that one.

i was just about to mention water to quiggle in regards to popping the head onto the neck.
water should help for that too, shouldnt it?

Your idea of driling is good, if u got a small drill bit in there so it was pretty stuck then pop it in boling water ( the hand and not the peg if possible) then u should be able to pop it out. Or boil the hand so its very soft and use a very small screw driver to gently lever it out.

fill up a cup with hot sink water.

drop your terminator head in the cup for about 30-45 seconds.

it'll pop right onto your neck peg.

Do they same for any hands/pegs you plan on inserting into or on your figure.

very good thanks Crimson and Game, yeah I used one of the small eyeglasses screw drivers and was able to dig it out. thankfully there are the extra pegs with the roses. wow these are very fragile maybe I should just superglue the head onto the top of the neck peg instead? do you think that will interact with the materials and cause discoloration or breaking down?

My T-800 arnie head is also kinda loose. I can lift him by it and it holds for a bit then pops off. Tbh i would just leave it, if your really determined just pop the head in normal hot water for a few mins then pop it on and see if it fits better after cooling on its own.

Your idea of driling is good, if u got a small drill bit in there so it was pretty stuck then pop it in boling water ( the hand and not the peg if possible) then u should be able to pop it out. Or boil the hand so its very soft and use a very small screw driver to gently lever it out.

yeah I used the small screwdriver to pry it out but without putting it in broiled water first, it took a bit and little pieces around the hand's hole flaked off. I hope I didn't enlarge the hole in the hand so the other peg won't fit snuggly now.

definitely remember about the water soak for hands when T-1000 arrives, since a lot of hand swapping for that one.

NOOOOO!!!
There is no need to superglue it!
It just needs to be popped into place.
I know youre scared of breaking it but I really wouldnt worry about breaking the neck peg. it really is VERY strong.
and im sure it could easily be replaced by getting one from hot toys or even ebay.
But if your still too scared, just leave it as it is.
dont super glue it.
just be careful how you display him. you dont want his head falling to the ground and damaging it. a display box would be a good idea.
i hope you can "fix" it the proper way.

My T-800 arnie head is also kinda loose. I can lift him by it and it holds for a bit then pops off. Tbh i would just leave it, if your really determined just pop the head in normal hot water for a few mins then pop it on and see if it fits better after cooling on its own.

i keep forgetting that this could also be the problem(maulfan pointed it out earlier)
so yeah, im not really sure quiggle.
youve either got he same kind of problem as crimsonbob and maulfan(loose fit)...or you simply arent applying enough pressure. :dunno

Back