Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets rock and roll!

Yep, this is number 1 for me. The figure that brought me back into collecting after an 8 year hiatus. I seen it on Amazon one day looking at Terminator BDs and that popped up in the customer suggestion box. I couldn't believe my eyes and immediately started doing research, until I found SSC and bought one. That was the restart of my collecting madness. :lol

Yep, this is number 1 for me. The figure that brought me back into collecting after an 8 year hiatus. I seen it on Amazon one day looking at Terminator BDs and that popped up in the customer suggestion box. I couldn't believe my eyes and immediately started doing research, until I found SSC and bought one. That was the restart of my collecting madness. :lol

Yeah, I kind of got drawn in by searching on Amazon as well. Kind of funny since I'd never buy a figure off amazon cause of the crazy prices.

Yeah, I kind of got drawn in by searching on Amazon as well. Kind of funny since I'd never buy a figure off amazon cause of the crazy prices.

Yep, I think he was listed at like $450 plus shipping on Amazon, so after finding Sideshow Toys I bought it at retail for about $160 :lol Not long after though that $450 was the going rate!!!

I was close to picking this guy up just before the DX10 was released but after watching the Clipperking review the DX10 I swayed towards the DX10 in a heartbeat.

The MMS is on the right... but you already knew that, you Freaks! :lol:wink1:

DSCF1587_zpsb4e20706.jpg

Still enjoy taking pics of this guy, this is currently the top shelf of my detolf, and yes I know the bike is not accurate but it is cool looking:cool:

MMS117SHELF034_zps6740a550.jpg

MMS117SHELF036_zps64d0e984.jpg

MMS117SHELF037_zpsca249e98.jpg

MMS117SHELF038_zps597549fa.jpg

MMS117SHELF035_zpsa6b7012c.jpg

The one on the bike is an MMS117 upgraded to the TTM20 body:)

Yeah the 117's clothes are still the best. And I don't think that's going to change with the DX13 either.

Great pics Skull.

Yes the mms leather are the best so far, however is not the dx13 leather supposed to be made of the same material, I though they scraped the idea of real leather the dx10 had, Should look great I think.

Yes the mms leather are the best so far, however is not the dx13 leather supposed to be made of the same material, I though they scraped the idea of real leather the dx10 had, Should look great I think.

I haven't liked the look of the clothes on DX13 so far and I'd be surprised if the mass produced figure ends up with better clothes than the prototype. It could just be a matter of futzing but they have tended to look puffy and baggy on the proto. We'll see. But at the moment I'm mentally preparing myself for the possibility of wanting to replace the clothes and try my own hand at weathering etc.

I haven't liked the look of the clothes on DX13 so far and I'd be surprised if the mass produced figure ends up with better clothes than the prototype. It could just be a matter of futzing but they have tended to look puffy and baggy on the proto. We'll see. But at the moment I'm mentally preparing myself for the possibility of wanting to replace the clothes and try my own hand at weathering etc.

That sound like a cool project, I'm guessing you plan to use the mms leathers for it? If so you could leave one dx13 stock and than weather the mms leather to put on the second figure with the extra head provided.

Yeah ideally I'd be using MMS clothes. Though they're getting expensive. For that reason I'm hoping it won't be necessary - I'd probably want to do it on all my DX13s however many I end up buying. I've replaced all the jackets on my DX10s with MMSes.

Yeah ideally I'd be using MMS clothes. Though they're getting expensive. For that reason I'm hoping it won't be necessary - I'd probably want to do it on all my DX13s however many I end up buying. I've replaced all the jackets on my DX10s with MMSes.

Yes sir, Ideally it won't be needed, there's really no reason for hot toys to continue to drop detail on the leather with each release. It boggles the mind to think that the mms117 t-800 has a better outfit than the years later released dx10.

I know why it happened, the enterbay war but still it shouldn't have:slap

Great pics there Skull! :rock

So pleased that my first HT figure was the legendary MMS117 back in 2010. :cool:

The head sculpts in your pics really compliment the likeness - regardless of the cons, it instantly screams ARNOLD when you look at it.

I'll continue to praise it till Judgement Day. :wave :D

Great pics there Skull! :rock

So pleased that my first HT figure was the legendary MMS117 back in 2010. :cool:

The head sculpts in your pics really compliment the likeness - regardless of the cons, it instantly screams ARNOLD when you look at it.

I'll continue to praise it till Judgement Day. :wave :D

Thanks VDG's:hi5:

I got in the hot toys game with Dutch in 09, but when this guy came out I went nuts, I bought 4:panic: Yeah it may not be an exact ringer of arnolds likeness when shown next to a pic of him in the movie but your right, it does scream Arnold when you look at it. He looks like I remember him from the desert scenes in the movie mostly, frowning and like a battle hardened bad@$$, he just looks so mean.

When the dx10 came out I was over joyed that we got an updated head sculpt and all that extra gear, I over looked the clean leathers and issues pers system did to the head so after having them both for a while standing side by side in the cabinet I realized my eye was always drawn back the mms117, the dx10 rocks with glasses on looking strait at him, but once you see the side profile with the elongated head shape of puffy hair or take the glasses off and the light catches the eyes weird it just takes away the realism.

Like I have say before, I'm happy to have both but the old mms is my favorite out of the two.

It's a simple clean set too - I really dig that.

A great base figure, well tailored clothing, accessories from key moments in the film.. & that sensational Endo arm. :cool:

To paraphrase:

"An elegant set.. from a more civilized age". :D

Back