Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame="https://youtu.be/eYBdYalP7Zo"]https://youtu.be/eYBdYalP7Zo[/ame]just uploading some backdated figure videos and thought some might like this

I personally love the MMS 117 more so than the DX 10.

However I feel that if somebody was to only get 1 out of the 3 than DX 13 all the way.

Which terminator figure is best? This, DX10, or DX13? This one looks a bit old-ish instead of the younger Ahnuld.

Its all in the eye of the beholder, I like the mms117 best so far out of what I have in hand, the dx10 is not a bad figure ether, could have been near perfect if not for the pers gimmick mucking up a great likeness. The dx13 looks to be a great figure, maybe there best T2 T-800 yet, but I will reserve judgment when I get it in hand.

9809422946_ae04d9ef81_h.jpg

9809476463_dfc84d2e94_h.jpg

Only owing the DX10 I would also have to say that version is the best but as a-dev has said it is far from perfect.

I liked you previous statement a-dev that the DX10 took some steps forward but also some back.

Still the DX10 is a figure that I would highly recommend that you buy and also get a Black T-Shirt and the rose box for him if you can.

Only owing the DX10 I would also have to say that version is the best but as a-dev has said it is far from perfect.

I liked you previous statement a-dev that the DX10 took some steps forward but also some back.

Still the DX10 is a figure that I would highly recommend that you buy and also get a Black T-Shirt and the rose box for him if you can.

If I were to list my problems with the DX10 actually one would find it surprising that I still prefer it to the MMS, because I do have a lot of issues with it.

It will be intriguing to see if HT revisit the Terminator franchise after the DX13/future PS figures are released.

Both sculpts (MMS & DX10) are really good but somewhat lacking in regards to looking spot on to their real life counterpart and the DX13
doesn't seem to be any better than the DX10.

I know that you will never get a 100% accurate sculpt but I think HT in a few years time would be able to take an Arnie sculpt up a level.

Just out of curiosity what are your problems with the MMS?

Just out of curiosity what are your problems with the MMS?

I can hear a collective sigh of exasperation from long-time lurkers. "Don't ask him that FFS, he'll go on and on!". And they'd be right. :D

My problems with that one were:

-body was too big, shoulders weren't sloping enough
-neck was oddly shaped (DX10's being even worse)
-face too square with squashed features (some call it ''toadface'')
-kind of a pinhead effect relative to the body because of the above issues
-hair was too tight for my liking though nicer sculpted than DX10s

He is often considered too old looking, I wonder would this have still been a problem if the face weren't as compacted as it is.

I can hear a collective sigh of exasperation from long-time lurkers. "Don't ask him that FFS, he'll go on and on!". And they'd be right. :D

My problems with that one were:

-body was too big, shoulders weren't sloping enough
-neck was oddly shaped (DX10's being even worse)
-face too square with squashed features (some call it ''toadface'')
-kind of a pinhead effect relative to the body because of the above issues
-hair was too tight for my liking though nicer sculpted than DX10s

He is often considered too old looking, I wonder would this have still been a problem if the face weren't as compacted as it is.

Toadface, :lol. I can see that point.

Interesting points because some of those are also my problems with the DX10. The neck and hair issues are my nit-picks along with the main gripe of the young looking face.

Toadface, :lol. I can see that point.

Interesting points because some of those are also my problems with the DX10. The neck and hair issues are my nit-picks along with the main gripe of the young looking face.

Yeah DX10 has some of the same problem areas, the case of the neck being undeniably and horrifically worse than the MMS. I just don't know how it got approved, they must have been in a rush.

I'm feeling in the mood for doing a complete run-down of the DX-10's problems and what would need to be addressed on future figures. I want to have pictorial aids and comparisons though rather than just a big wall of words like usual. If I actually do it I'll resurrect that T-800 comparison thread or something.

If I'm going to be truly objective, then a-dev is right about the MMS - & I agree with him for the most part. The body is too big, the neck's too thick, & the head suffers proportionately as a result.

however.. :wink1:

I much prefer the MMS face over the DX10 (surprise.. :lol). While not a perfect analogue of Arnold's likeness, it captures his essence BETTER. The DX10 has too many frustrating conflicts going on with the face & head for my tastes. Proportions, PERS & softness of sculpt all hurt it too much.

The only thing I'd do for myself, is get a pair of the DX10 shades for my MMS Arnold - great combo. :)

If I'm going to be truly objective, then a-dev is right about the MMS - & I agree with him for the most part. The body is too big, the neck's too thick, & the head suffers proportionately as a result.

however.. :wink1:

I much prefer the MMS face over the DX10 (surprise.. :lol). While not a perfect analogue of Arnold's likeness, it captures his essence BETTER. The DX10 has too many frustrating conflicts going on with the face & head for my tastes. Proportions, PERS & softness of sculpt all hurt it too much.

The only thing I'd do for myself, is get a pair of the DX10 shades for my MMS Arnold - great combo. :)

biker_clothesmods.jpg~original

001_leds.jpg~original

cyberdynestorm_clothesmods.jpg~original

001_leds.jpg~original

i take DX side. with all its fails it can be angled easier to look like a movie version.

Back