Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MMS wearing the DX10 clothes / shades & vice versa.

DSCF1813_zpsb67505de.jpg
DSCF1814_zps207f0c69.jpg

I can hear a collective sigh of exasperation from long-time lurkers. "Don't ask him that FFS, he'll go on and on!". And they'd be right. :D

My problems with that one were:

-body was too big, shoulders weren't sloping enough
-neck was oddly shaped (DX10's being even worse)
-face too square with squashed features (some call it ''toadface'')
-kind of a pinhead effect relative to the body because of the above issues
-hair was too tight for my liking though nicer sculpted than DX10s

He is often considered too old looking, I wonder would this have still been a problem if the face weren't as compacted as it is.

LOL! You nailed all my problems with it too!

Yeah DX10 has some of the same problem areas, the case of the neck being undeniably and horrifically worse than the MMS. I just don't know how it got approved, they must have been in a rush.

I'm feeling in the mood for doing a complete run-down of the DX-10's problems and what would need to be addressed on future figures. I want to have pictorial aids and comparisons though rather than just a big wall of words like usual. If I actually do it I'll resurrect that T-800 comparison thread or something.

Yup. The neck is TERRIBLE on the DX body. What were they smoking???

I dont own the DX figure(Ive been sticking to just T1 figures as money is tight), but I'm tempted to, even if it means breaking my T1-ONLY rule...but then I'll need a T1000 and Sarah Connor to go with it. :gah:

Looking forward to the comparisons by the way.

Last edited:
Yeah DX10 has some of the same problem areas, the case of the neck being undeniably and horrifically worse than the MMS. I just don't know how it got approved, they must have been in a rush.

I'm feeling in the mood for doing a complete run-down of the DX-10's problems and what would need to be addressed on future figures. I want to have pictorial aids and comparisons though rather than just a big wall of words like usual. If I actually do it I'll resurrect that T-800 comparison thread or something.

Looking forward to seeing your report a-dev.

Yeah the neck on the DX10 is terrible, its not bad looking head on at the fig but other then that it looks very poor. My guess is that HT were smoking $ notes, the swine's.

If I could only keep one figure out of the DX10 or MMS 117, it would be the MMS for sure.

A dx10 vs. mms discussion again? Glad I popped in here. Firstly, to the asker, you probably won't get varied answers when you are asking in one figure thread only. There is a T-800 comparison thread with some lively discussion. It's probably buried pretty deep in this forum though. Also, a-dev made an awesome thread recreating some scenes with both figures.

My input is that they both have strong points but it sums up like this:

MMS117: nicer weathered clothing, more realistic paint/plastic
DX10: more accurate body with added articulation, shape of face and facial features more accurate to T2 Arnold

For me, superior likeness wins in the end.

A dx10 vs. mms discussion again? Glad I popped in here. Firstly, to the asker, you probably won't get varied answers when you are asking in one figure thread only. There is a T-800 comparison thread with some lively discussion. It's probably buried pretty deep in this forum though. Also, a-dev made an awesome thread recreating some scenes with both figures.

My input is that they both have strong points but it sums up like this:

MMS117: nicer weathered clothing, more realistic paint/plastic
DX10: more accurate body with added articulation, shape of face and facial features more accurate to T2 Arnold

For me, superior likeness wins in the end.

The answer is to get every Arnold figure. :)

The answer is to get every Arnold figure. :)
exactly but i see no point in having two variants of T2.
but if some decent T3 clothes appeared, it would be cool to convert a pair of extra MMS heads and T1 bodies to T3 )

exactly but i see no point in having two variants of T2.
but if some decent T3 clothes appeared, it would be cool to convert a pair of extra MMS heads and T1 bodies to T3 )

That's a really good idea actually - although, I'd likely not bother with a T3 Arnold to be honest. :lol

No don't get me wrong - I'm a fan of T3, I just don't need any figures from that film - or T4 for that matter. :lol

Just curious P., who would you have cast for an adult John Connor?

i don't know, i don't remember faces and names so good. i live in a country that is historically proud of its dumbness, ignorance & hate of the rest world, plus i live far away from its capital which is the only city that gets some news, so i barely know 1% of movie faces you might know.

BUT i do know the dumbface who was chosen for that role! the fact of him being so called "playing" in movies i cannot understand. no, every movie needs some furniture, but why is this particular furniture paid and named? :dunno

Bale was a way better John Connor than the winey turd that played him in T3:lecture
cannot disagree :)
that role was a total fail. not by itself but compared to the 9 years old john (looking and behaving like 15-years-old for some reason).

:rotfl
in france they at least don't ban people for talking bad about the Tzar and his friends )) i hope.

Back