Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Though I'm not sure if I'm getting this, I see a lot of work in this robe and I think that's what makes the difference in price compared to the Man Of Steel figure. :dunno

Can you adjust flexpay months with SS? Best I can tell, this has the same pre-set months as MOS Superman ... which is stupid.

SnakeDoc

I don't get it. It's $20 more than the Man of Steel figure when this one comes with

1) A full body detailed robe
2) A rifle

Why are people flipping out that it's $20 more? The robe alone will go for $50+ when sold on it's own. Supes has nothing but the bare under suit this figure has. Add on too of that the entire robe and a weapon. How is the $20 not justified?

The $20 more is probably likeness rights. Crowe has a name. Cavill doesn't.

SnakeDoc

Can you adjust flexpay months with SS? Best I can tell, this has the same pre-set months as MOS Superman ... which is stupid.

SnakeDoc
Yeah I wish Sideshow would allow the flex payments to be split up a bit more. Especially since the figure probably has a while before it'll be out anyways. I kind of like paying like four or five smaller amounts rather than three larger ones.

BBTS prices are determined by Sideshow.

Ok cool. I thought they were another discount retailer like AlterEgo or CornerStore. I never paid much attention to their 1/6 figure prices since I never bought that stuff from them.

Though Alter Ego doesn't have him up yet, it will probably be around $207.

Yeah I wish Sideshow would allow the flex payments to be split up a bit more. Especially since the figure probably has a while before it'll be out anyways. I kind of like paying like four or five smaller amounts rather than three larger ones.

I don't mind 3. I'd just rather it not be the same 3 as I've already signed up for w/ Superman.

SnakeDoc

I was kind of expecting this to be more than Superman. I agree with what some others are saying, the extra is probably for Crowe's likeness. That being said it's about as overpriced as all DC figures are.

Preordered at BBTS!:yess: I'm thrilled to be finally getting a Russell Crowe. $220 is not too bad. It's funny how buying Iron Man and DXs messes up your idea of reasonable pricing.:lol

I was kind of expecting this to be more than Superman. I agree with what some others are saying, the extra is probably for Crowe's likeness. That being said it's about as overpriced as all DC figures are.

That's BS. It cost "extra" because Hot Toys can charge whatever the hell they want for these figures and people (myself included) will still buy them.:lecture

Ordered for two reasons 1:I enjoyed the character portrayed in the movie 2:Hot Toys has done a phenomenal job with the head sculpt :yess:

Easy pre order, i will get this one and the battle armor version if released

Why even till this day do people not understand this :dunno

Because the truth is, it also sucks to be Hot Toys. I think they stopped listening because of our own fault. We never get satisfied. Batfan08's post earlier summed up how funny collectors are. Hot Toys and the rest of the high-end figuremakers can never please everybody. They always look for something else, some would never understand that these molds are hand-sculpted thus there'd be NO perfect headsculpt, and some think that Hot Toys charge whatever pricetag they want just because they are Hot Toys. They think that every actor charges the same amount for likeness and that every movie and companies that own their copyrights charge the same amount for licensing.

But they buy anyway. Because that's what they know best. Buying and collecting. They don't know nor care what happens behind the scenes. They just demand because they think Hot Toys owe them where they are now.

Not sure about this. I wish I could see if there was anything under the robes at all.

statue_of_liberty_GENERIC.jpg

:monkey3

Do they have to pay Russell Crowe for the likeness? I just wonder how much of that would go towards the price.

Not sure about this. I wish I could see if there was anything under the robes at all.

pretty sure merchandising is factored in his contract, whether it be percentage or flat fee. stars usually have that clause written in, especially films coming out of the bigger studios.

Back