Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where is the picture and or section for the headplay preorder version you are speaking of bro
You quoted the headplay version. That is the recast head quoted above via the eBay link. You can tell by the paint app on the mustache and beard on their version.

PLASTIC ENEMIES : THE WOLVERINE (right click view image for full res)

6a853733gw1edfwj1d7qkj20vi1b9464.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwj24p68j21b90vi0yf.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwizbpryj20vi1b9gty.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwjd3864j20q913dtbt.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwj9hf41j20q913dmzp.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwjatb3hj20q913dtbf.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwjbxlmpj20q913dn0k.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwj8q8n5j20q913dtbe.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwj4rduxj20vi1b9qad.jpg

6a853733gw1edfwj6vy13j20vi1b97dy.jpg

I thought people were just overreacting, but the paint on the lip and chin stubble definitely looks overdone in those pics. That's just a full on beard.

George-Michael-wallpaper_.jpg

Anyone else see the likeness? lol
Looks more like George Michael than Hugh...

I agree, the whole upper lip and even lower lip/chin area are way too dark. The lower lip and chin just look dirty and mispainted imho (more so in the first set of the Plastic Enemies pics). The second batch of pics does look better...not much though.

I still think the iris + pupil needs to be a lot larger. I also think they iris needs to be more of a hazely/lighter brown. The eyes are way too dark and beady. Disregard the pink eye in this shot, but you definitely see what I am talking about:
Hugh%2BJackman%2BHugh%2BJackman%2BAnnounces%2BWolverine%2BMqK76Io_yKBl.jpg

I got my notice, I will be receiving mine mid-late next week. I'll definitely be posting a review ASAP.

Last edited:
I dunno. I get the argument about the beard which I find minor. Everything else (body / price etc.) pretty close to promo so nothing unexpected. I didn't think promo captured Hugh 100% so I think figure looks great. I'll likely grab a second when I find one on the cheap which I don't expect to be difficult with all the hate. I cannot wait for DOFP version hoping they close the likeness gap.....

I agree that the proto didn't capture Hugh's likeness either, but I feel like it went even further backwards.

I know this Photoshop crap is getting old (plus I'm not the best at it), but I really think repainting the eyes (making the iris lighter and larger) and touching up the beard area makes a huge difference. I am definitely doing that once mine arrives.

Not sure if reshaping the head is going to work, but this Wolverine is suffering from massive jaw-syndrome, not unlike what happened to DX05 Indy. I wonder if the proto head mold was warped during production. I know some people managed to reshape that head somewhat, but I am not sure if it'll work for Logan :(

lol Blame the sculptors for not giving him bigger lips :p

The proto's mouth was less pursed...Not sure why they went this direction lol

Back