1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I think I asked this question earlier in the thread, but do you honestly believe HT made any changes to the Batman body? HT probably did what all successful companies do - they took one popular release, the DX12, and another popular release, the QS001, and they Frankensteined them together.

They finally cashed in their Alfred, which had likely been in development for years, they improved the last Bruce Wayne head, they miniaturized the QS001 mouth plates and they took the Toy Legends armory and put their spin on it. The shape of the cowl and the eyes may have changed, but that's about it.

Guys, I think I asked this question earlier in the thread, but do you honestly believe HT made any changes to the Batman body? HT probably did what all successful companies do - they took one popular release, the DX12, and another popular release, the QS001, and they Frankensteined them together.

They finally called in Alfred, who had likely been in development for years, they improved the last Bruce Wayne head, they miniaturized the QS001 mouth plates and they took the Toy Legends armory and put their spin on it. The shape of the cowl and the eyes may have changed, but that's about it.

these comments are so ****ing stupid... they did not carbon copy toy legends... the armory is designed the way its design... OF COURSE THEYLL LOOK THE SAME.... WHY WOULDNT THEY !!!?

I think the bat body looks glossier than before, that's just new casting. The only thing I think they have changed is the PERS plate. They eliminated the Goggly eyes somewhat.

I will have it hand next week, let you know.

they took the Toy Legends armory

Everything else is pretty good, except the above. Going by photos of both (I don't have the HT one in hand yet), it's already been discussed earlier in the thread that they don't share one square cm in common and every weapon/accessory is also different between them.

But most people, like those not on this board (the casual viewer) would probably be hard pressed to tell them apart unless they were both side by side right in their faces.

Last edited:
these comments are so ****ing stupid... they did not carbon copy toy legends... the armory is designed the way its design... OF COURSE THEYLL LOOK THE SAME.... WHY WOULDNT THEY !!!?

Calm down there, big guy! Wouldn't want you to have a heart attack. I didn't say they copied the TL armory piece by piece. I think the TL armory prodded them into producing this set.

This appears to be a really good set if you only want certain pieces of it you could keep what you want for very cheap or even free.:horror:lol

I have seen:
Batman $270
Bruce $200
Alfred $200
(=FREE armory with everything in it!)

..go in a day on Ebay

Say you want to keep Batman..
Bruce $200
Alfred $200
Armory $150
($75 dolla for Batman!):horror

..and so on so forth.

REALLY wish I had the cash to order the full set.:gah:

That's what I'm hoping to do. I've ordered Alfred and the armoury (no Bruce) and I definitely want to keep the Batman. I will sell the armoury and then live with Alfred for a while to see how I like him. If I like the figure I'll buy him a shotgun and keep him; if not, I'll sell it and hopefully have a Hot Toys Dx Batman for not too much money.

Calm down there, big guy! Wouldn't want you to have a heart attack. I didn't say they copied the TL armory piece by piece. I think the TL armory prodded them into producing this set.

just sick of seeing the same idiotic statement constantly brought up...

Not really angry in an emotional sense, just stupid to me. And you didnt say that...

as for the suit, It seems different enough, better fitting, better cowl etc... still probably not gunna keep my set, other lines to collect

just sick of seeing the same idiotic statement constantly brought up...

Not really angry in an emotional sense, just stupid to me. And you didnt say that...

as for the suit, It seems different enough, better fitting, better cowl etc... still probably not gunna keep my set, other lines to collect

Didn't say what?

this... you said they took the TL and put their spin on it...

not gunna continue past this post

Perhaps I should have elaborated. I never said HT took the TL armory and lazily slapped its name on it. I think HT took the TL armory, examined how it worked, what could be improved upon and made the improvements.

It's still not film accurate (doors shouldn't close fully, not enough weathering), but it's the better of the two. And they're obviously not the same product.

Look, you're a feisty, sarcastic guy. I ordinarily like that. But don't blow up at me for something I never said.

Fini.

I think people are saying the new suit looks different because they want it to look different.

Those high def close ups from ebay show that it looks identical to the DX12. Some said it was 'better fitting' - course it is, it's just come out of the box. And remember we are so used to seeing heavily modified DX12s that have been pulled every which way to have a load of Maglor suggested redundant 'improvements' then of course the suit is not going to look as 'fitted'.

The biggest changes are:

Mouth plates (possibly mouth shape in the cowl too)
Eye lids / lower eye

And....that's it.

Last edited:
Back