1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^

Pretty much, that's more or less what they're going for.

Doesn't really make him a "Dark Knight" any more though. You don't give Batman credit cards and you certainly don't give him statues. The honorary ceremonies are more akin to Adam West Batman where he was a celebrated, deputized hero of the law. Bats come out at night . . . and if by chance there's a bomb that goes off in an hour during the day, they infiltrate city hall from the inside to nab villains instead of a showy, "I came back to stop you bro", entrance.

But the city believes he's dead, that he made "The Ultimate Sacrifice." It would ring hollow if he was running around taking bows, giving speeches and rescuing cats from trees.

Batman is a symbol, not just to strike fear in the hearts of bad guys, but to inspire decent, ordinary, everyday people to not lose hope, to not give up and to do the right thing even when it's inconvenient, or unpopular.

I don't care what they say, I liked TDKR. Nolan was trying to bring Batman out of the shadows. It's not for everyone, but I liked what he, his brother and Goyer were trying to accomplish. It was a trilogy made in the decade where people were looking for heroes, ones that didn't have actual superpowers but gave a damn about people.

That's exactly how i feel too regarding this trilogy. Nolan really made you care about Bruce/Batman and the city of Gotham as well. There hasn't been too many super hero movies that really made you feel attached to the central character or his struggles.

That's exactly how i feel too regarding this trilogy. Nolan really made you care about Bruce/Batman and the city of Gotham as well. There hasn't been too many super hero movies that really made you feel attached to the central character or his struggles.

Not to mention the notion of Batman/Bruce Wayne as social commentary. Rich people have a moral obligation, a "noblesse oblige," a duty and a responsibility to protect the less fortunate, not take advantage of them at every twist and turn.

Sadly, there aren't nearly enough examples of that in the real world, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't care what they say, I liked TDKR. Nolan was trying to bring Batman out of the shadows. It's not for everyone, but I liked what he, his brother and Goyer were trying to accomplish.

It was a trilogy made in the decade where people were looking for heroes, ones that didn't have actual superpowers but, despite human failings and frailty, still gave a damn about people.

Preach!!!!

Hopefully you’re here to stay in this thread Yankee, we need people like you to stand up to Difabio and his minions.

Preach!!!!

Hopefully you’re here to stay in this thread Yankee, we need people like you to stand up to Difabio and his minions.

:lol Come on, man, I rather like DiFabio.

It's just a different take on the character, that's all. I'd also like to see a darker, grittier Frank Miller Batman in movie form, but I don't think we're going to get that with Snyder.

Yeah, haha, just a general statement.

Its funny how heated some discussions can get around here. I usually just enjoy reading them sometimes. Everyone has their opinions. Everybody can't always agree on everything. But it's okay. I have my own personal connection to TDKR which may make me biased towards liking it, but I'm not afraid to say there were a lot of things in it that has me scratching my head, but I still loved it. It's not perfect but that doesn't mean people can't like it. [emoji6]

But the city believes he's dead, that he made "The Ultimate Sacrifice." It would ring hollow if he was running around taking bows, giving speeches and rescuing cats from trees.

To me, Batman shouldn't be about glory and false martyrdom. It shouldn't be gushy sacrificial melodrama with him. We got enough of that with Dark Knight.

There is no ultimate sacrifice. Bruce exploits everyone, including his friends. He asks Fox why there isn't autopilot, when 6 months prior, he created a patch for the autopilot. :lol He makes it seem like he'll be doomed when Selina and Blake talk with him with things like "not everything, not yet", "don't thank me yet" playing with their emotions with the idea that he'll most likely perish. Then there's, my personal favorite, "no autopilot", blatantly lying to his close allies Gordon and Selina.

He's a fake and he planned it from the beginning. He may not be taking bows, but he certainly intended to be renowned as a savior. Batman shouldn't care about that crap.

a symbol, to inspire decent, ordinary, everyday people to not lose hope, to not give up and to do the right thing even when it's inconvenient, or unpopular.

Captain_America_Alex_Ross.jpg
1123469-superman_alex_20ross.jpg

The ending of The Dark Knight sums up Batman perfectly.

"We'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

Sadly, none of those things happen in TDKR. He isn't hunted, he can't take it, and he's gaudy with his self sacrifice. Riding into the night, unloved is Batman. Getting an honorary statue in your name because you sacrificed yourself by "dying" for your city? That's Superman.

^^

Pretty much, that's more or less what they're going for.

Doesn't really make him a "Dark Knight" any more though. You don't give Batman credit cards and you certainly don't give him statues. The honorary ceremonies are more akin to Adam West Batman where he was a celebrated, deputized hero of the law. Bats come out at night . . . and if by chance there's a bomb that goes off in an hour during the day, they infiltrate city hall from the inside to nab villains instead of a showy, "I came back to stop you bro", entrance.

Yeah I thought the whole third act of TDKR was pretty lame and just poorly executed. When Batman handed Gordan the flare to light the huge bat mural after saving them I couldn't help but think of MacGruber

https://youtu.be/jG4viDhSLIU
Skip to 2:06

I get what your saying yankeefan, but I think they could have done the whole batman inspiring hope thing way more discreetly.

I loved Batman Begins and The Dark Knight from day one and I still watch them regularly. TDKR... Not so much. Some elements of TDKR have grown on me, for instance I thought Catwoman and Bane both had their moments, and I really liked the whole king of the gypsies thing they did with Banes voice. But thats pretty much it.

TDKR is still a solid batman movie by itself, but IMO when you compare it to the first two it falls very short. I personally think Nolan was so conflicted by Ledgers death that it affected his work on this film negatively, as I recall he talked about not doing it at all.

To me, Batman shouldn't be about glory and false martyrdom. It shouldn't be gushy sacrificial melodrama with him. We got enough of that with Dark Knight.

There is no ultimate sacrifice. Bruce exploits everyone, including his friends. He asks Fox why there isn't autopilot, when 6 months prior, he created a patch for the autopilot. :lol He makes it seem like he'll be doomed when Selina and Blake talk with him with things like "not everything, not yet", "don't thank me yet" playing with their emotions with the idea that he'll most likely perish. Then there's, my personal favorite, "no autopilot", blatantly lying to his close allies Gordon and Selina.

He's a fake and he planned it from the beginning. He may not be taking bows, but he certainly intended to be renowned as a savior. Batman shouldn't care about that crap.

View attachment 131998
1123469-superman_alex_20ross.jpg

"We'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

Sadly, none of those things happen in TDKR. He isn't hunted, he can't take it, and he's gaudy with his self sacrifice. Riding into the night, unloved is Batman. Getting an honorary statue in your name because you sacrificed yourself by "dying" for your city? That's Superman.

:goodpost: That I also agree with. :wink1:

I don't view it as Batman lying to his friends so much as Nolan lying (or manipulating, or leading or whatever you prefer) to the audience. It's the director's ultimate conceit, to create suspense and to heighten drama.

And when Batman does lie, doesn't that sound a lot like what our elected officials do, day in and day out, to "keep us safe?" We may not like it, but we accept it. Remember, Batman was the same guy who eavesdropped on everybody.

On a side note, I don't know whether or not that's a good or bad thing. Look at the whole Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden dilemmas.

I don't mind the small token of appreciation the city bestows upon him in the form of a statue. It's not like Bruce was in disguise admiring it.

At the end of the day, does it even matter? This dude just saved your city from nuclear annihilation and a month later, the average Gothamite is wondering, "When will the Rogues get their new stadium?"

So, who's going to paint one or more of the belts black? Or make him some golden shoes?

Last edited:
:lol Come on, man, I rather like DiFabio.

It's just a different take on the character, that's all. I'd also like to see a darker, grittier Frank Miller Batman in movie form, but I don't think we're going to get that with Snyder.

I love Difabio, but his hate for TDKR is quite strong, we need to band together before he influences everyone that TDKR sucks :lol

I just want to know what the mouth plates look like on the DX12.:dunno

(if they fit)

:goodpost: That I also agree with. :wink1:

Thanks

I don't view it as Batman lying to his friends so much as Nolan lying (or manipulating, or leading or whatever you prefer) to the audience. It's the director's ultimate conceit, to create suspense and to heighten drama.

And when Batman does lie, doesn't that sound a lot like what our elected officials do, day in and day out, to "keep us safe." We may not like it, but we accept it. I don't know whether or not that's a good or bad thing.

I don't mind the small token of appreciation the city bestows upon him in the form of a statue. At the end of the day, does it even matter? This dude just saved your city from nuclear annihilation and a month later, the average Gothamite is wondering when the Rogues will get a new stadium.

Well of course it's Nolan and the writers, but as far as the story's world is concerned, Bruce had it planned from the beginning. That's why his "sacrifice" doesn't work on repeat viewings, it only works when you see it for the first time. Once you get the context afterwards (with the the rip off Dark Knight fast forward montage ending), Bruce manipulated everyone into thinking "our beloved hero sacrificed himself and his batlobster!" when in reality, he's chillin' at some cafe every day waiting for his butler to see him.

As for the statue, I just think it's corny, really corny. The batsignal is as far as that should go. I looked like Gordon when I saw that in theaters, all slouched in my seat and angry while everyone else was crying and dumbstruck. :lol

To me, it's disgustingly sappy, and Batman just isn't that to me. People crack jokes about how goofy West Batman was as a deputized crime fighter or at Clooney Batman attending public events with a bat credit card, I crack jokes at forced martyrdom, Batman statues and "drinkin' branca". It's just so ****ing strange. Batman doesn't eat nachos, or get public praise. He's best when he's an urban legend, a vigilante, an outlaw that resides in the shadows. Making fire bat symbol graffiti, swooping down to fight with an army of cops, and trolling his buddies doesn't seem like something Batman would do.

So, who's gong to paint one or more of the belts black? Or make him some golden shoes?

Buy two Batman figures.

One with gold belt and gold boots (don't forget the glitter). One with black belt and black boots.

I just want to know what the mouth plates look like on the DX12.:dunno

(if they fit)

The base of the cowl is the same head as the DX 12. I don't see why they wouldn't. I'm pretty sure that seller was lying to get some sales.

Back