1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the EMP gun off of ebay for about $19 the day I pre-ordered the armory because I wanted to add it there somehow (No, I honestly don't care that it wasn't in TDK) Now I read that the belt is different on the TDKR batman? anyone have detailed pics of the differences?

The belts in the films are exactly the same and never change.

Hot Toys versions of the belts have changed over the years - progressively getting better.

The belts in the Armoury are the best because you can put the attachments wherever you want.

The DX12 belt is perfectly good - looks just like the Armoury version, you just can't move the attachments as they are glued on.

The MMS, Begins, OC costume and DX02 belts pretty much look horrible.

Hot Toys versions of the belts have changed over the years - progressively getting better.

The belts in the Armoury are the best because you can put the attachments wherever you want.

The DX12 belt is perfectly good - looks just like the Armoury version, you just can't move the attachments as they are glued on.

The MMS, Begins, OC costume and DX02 belts pretty much look horrible.

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know... Then I will feel complete enough just having the EMP gun.

The Begins belt and grapple gun were a little darker and more bronze in the film. It also had the Bat-phone and a specific batarang holder.

Batman-Begins-0419.jpg
Batman-Begins-0491.jpg
BatmanBegins+costume+belt.jpg

Last edited:
That discussion is for another day... I'm still thinking about getting the Batsuit begins MMS155, but I have so many others I want to get before that so I haven't teased myself by looking up prices yet. Just now typing this i'm thinking about it... damn.

The Begins belt and grapple gun were a little darker and more bronze in the film.

Hollywood colour saturation / different lighting?
Maybe there are / maybe they aren't. The behind the scenes docs suggest they are the same as does the story itself.

It also had the Bat-phone and a specific batarang holder.

Irrelevant. The belt starts out as blank and he puts whatever gadgets he wants on it.

Yeah, I thought it was the cinematography too (lets face it, Batman Begins has that murky brown look to the film), until I saw both suits in person on display. The TDK/TDKR is more washed out and lighter in comparison.

Not that it matters, as far as story goes, it's the same belt, just sayin' is all.

Irrelevant. The belt starts out as blank and he puts whatever gadgets he wants on it.

Well still, he never had or used those things in Dark Knight or TDKR. In fact, Begins is the only time he wears or uses batarangs.

I associate the phone and slightly darker belt to the Begins suit.

Well still, he never had or used those things in Dark Knight or TDKR. In fact, Begins is the only time he wears or uses batarangs.

If it were me, I wouldn't use that stuff either. Can you imagine the nightmare of putting it all away in the armory, one item at a time, each one fitting in precisely its little spot, having to replace missing pieces so there are not empty spots in the display. Wow, what a nightmare. Bats wouldn't have any time to be out crime fighting, it would all be spent between visiting the container store and organizing everything at home and work. Just keep a few guns and you can stack the boxes of bullets on a shelf or in a drawer. Done.

:lol

Especially true when you think about the fact that Bruce Wayne hand cut all those batarangs himself. If I did all those by hand, I wouldn't want to lose or break any of them either. Really, the only reason he made them was to decorate the armory.

I'm still impressed that he took out those lights, which were hanging pretty low, from what I'm assuming was a high position? Unless he started out low and then quickly grappled up to his upside down strike position... :lol

Yeah, I think the only weapon he uses in all 3 films is the grapnel gun, not counting his gauntlets.

Does he use the grapple gun at all in TDKR? I don't think he does, I don't remember seeing him with it or even having the holster anymore. There is that little close line thing when he picks up the hostage off the bike. Maybe that's it.

All I remember is the EMP gun and the little bat-shaped sleeper dart things. Oh, and the useless gas pellet things. :lol

That was the only scene I thought he used it as well since the sound effects were similar to when he snagged the Joker.

Yeah, I have no idea what that was... haha. I thought they were supposed to be flash bangs but there was really no flash, was there... he also had his mini-burst emp on his belt that I'm guessing is the same device he used on the paparazzi?

He also used that mini-mine thing, but he never used it in TDK I don't think.

"Might I recommend the utility belt with the tangerine accessories, Master Wayne?"

That is so sweet! I'd fill one jar with baby oil, chocolate syrup in the other and all I'd need to add is a shaker of glitter. Screw it, the glitter can go in the pouch!

Pants definitely optional.

Does he use the grapple gun at all in TDKR? I don't think he does, I don't remember seeing him with it or even having the holster anymore. There is that little close line thing when he picks up the hostage off the bike. Maybe that's it.

All I remember is the EMP gun and the little bat-shaped sleeper dart things. Oh, and the useless gas pellet things. :lol

The more I think about it, the more TDKR sucks. I hate admitting that.

Batman just wasn't Batman anymore. He walks down the street in broad daylight to fight Bane. After all the police come out the ground, not one of them looks a him or sees him and thinks 'oh my god, it's Batman!'. I know they had been under there for months and probably had other priorities - but it's Batman!

I think his entrance was horrible - the EMP gun sucked - the noise effects were terrible and it was so dull. Then it got shot and we got some (more) cheesy cop jokes. Why does Nolan insist on giving the police terrible non-funny dialogue. It ruins the truck chase in TDK.

TDKR lost all sight of the terrifying 'demon' that lurks in the shadows and replaced it with a Batman that talks to Selina in a Batman voice even when she knows who he is - and he talks to himself in the voice. Then he just flies the spaceship everywhere. skjvbzdfdszgkzjbdflz

I need to calm down.

Back