1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You right ! Armory belt is movie accurate.

temnyy-rycar-the-dark-knight-5400.jpg

Funny, people complain about how expensive these are, and how Hot Toys often just don't nail it....and here we have a collector (not a random person that doesn't know about the figures) that can not tell if the photo is of the figure or a real person.

What other action figures (or statues most the time even) would even come close to that.

It's why I love hot toys. One of the many anyway..

To be fair, that's not what the stock DX12 looks like. Once you get the custom cowl (whether it's the Tony Mei or the MRM or the old Medicom) and slap in a robbiethepainter mouthplate, that's what the figure ends up resembling.

Let me guess! He LOOOOOOOOOVES it!

I'm new to the whole collecting 1/6th thing and been watching a lot of his vids since usually they are the first that pop up on YouTube and I've been meaning to ask what kind of reviewer loves everything he reviews...I'm like does he ever find a figure he hates?...lol glad I'm not the only one who thought so..

I'm new to the whole collecting 1/6th thing and been watching a lot of his vids since usually they are the first that pop up on YouTube and I've been meaning to ask what kind of reviewer loves everything he reviews...I'm like does he ever find a figure he hates?...lol glad I'm not the only one who thought so..

That will be Sean Long, He loves every figure ever. He even loved how the Sideshow Nathan Drake looked and the Head sculpt was god awful. He got into a disscussion with other OSR (Facebook) members because every body was telling him the the only reason he liked it so much was because the figure was supplied to him by sideshow and other reviewers have mention that he lies in the reviews to get free stuff.

Lmaooooo thanks for the informative heads up on dudes bias reviews...its a shame, because people that are on the fence of buying like myself look forward to these reviews to pull the trigger and then feel cheated when the actual figure arrives...I subscribed to SL too...in subscribing asaaaaap!

To be fair to Sean though, he just loves his stuff and wants to share it with the world. I like that about his reviews :)

To be fair to Sean though, he just loves his stuff and wants to share it with the world. I like that about his reviews :)

He loves it because otherwise it wouldn't be given to him for free. And that applies to some others too.

This is why I don't even bother watching these things.

If I don't like it, back it goes. Simple.

You should probably check ClipperKing's reviews, he's probably the most honest reviewer out there and doesn't get free stuff from Sideshow, whatever he hates he usually sells.

Is he the one with the foul mouth and accent?

Yeah I like his videos.

I also like McMaster's videos simply because he's very thorough in showing everything included in the box.

I'll hand it to him, Optibotimus was brutally honest in his review of the Armory set. He didn't care much for the suits on Bruce and Alfred and I've got to agree. Neither fit all that well, at least without futzing, and Alfred's looks a little, how shall we say, budget-minded?

I'll hand it to him, Optibotimus was brutally honest in his review of the Armory set. He didn't care much for the suits on Bruce and Alfred and I've got to agree. Neither fit all that well, at least without futzing, and Alfred's looks a little, how shall we say, budget-minded?

Yea like him too, i like when they call it like it is. No sugar coating. If its crap then its crap. Love the full metal sig and avatar btw.

He loves it because otherwise it wouldn't be given to him for free. And that applies to some others too.

This is why I don't even bother watching these things.

If I don't like it, back it goes. Simple.
That's what a lot of people seem to hate about his videos. I don't think there's a single review where he states at least 1 problem that the figure might have. It's 100% praise throughout the entire thing. If he was just honest about it and dropped the role play act that he does in every video they would be more tolerable.

Picked up the armory( w/Batman only) today. It looked to good to miss out on. If I could have afforded the bigger sets, I would have grabbed 'em. I love all of those accessories-that's what sold me. Opened it in store, it looked awesome & then we repacked. Some day I will display everything, but need to weed out many action figures & some statues!

Grabbed the armory with alfred set from HLJ for like $360 before shipping. I packaged it with a Heartbreaker and a little robot. Total was like $650 shipped for the armory set, heartbreaker and a $50 robot.

Good deal! If I split the ~$90 shipping cost evenly between the two hot toys and consider shipping on the robot free, then basically I got the armory for $415 and heartbreaker for $205.

Worked out awesome because the dollar is strong to the japanese yen right now.

Tempting.

Have a question about the belt accessories. Are there any extra that don't go into the armory? I would like to have my armory fully stocked along with one of my other bats having a accessorized belt.

Last edited:
Tempting.

Have a question about the belt accessories. Are there any extra that don't go into the armory? I would like to have my armory fully stocked along with one of my other bats having a accessorized belt.

I can't say for sure because I didn't load up the Armory, but I don't believe you get any extras. That means if you put any on the belt, there'll be gaps - bothersome or not, it's up to the collector - in the Armory.

Back