1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my sniper rifle today - now just need this guy to be coupon eligible so I can get him on order :panic:

I got mine too a while back, its a must if your displaying him in front of a poster like I am
captainamerica2-poster-wintersoldier-full.jpg

^^^ Nothing wrong with that. Better to be safe than waitlisted. Plus being able to cancel later on is a big bonus, thanks SSC!

^^^ Nothing wrong with that. Better to be safe than waitlisted. Plus being able to cancel later on is a big bonus, thanks SSC!

:exactly: I would rather pay the regular price than having to jump on the waitlist because i was trying to save $20. If the coupon works on this down the line i will cancel and reorder.

Yupp just pulled the trigger. The payment plans are great. Got nothing except the 2 pack Capt to pay for those months. Might as well, there's no NRD lol

Thats actually a valid point. Where did the rifle go? And I'm assuming he don't shoot Cap because Cap wasn't his mission at the time!

yep I'd say so, its as likely an explanation as any, he probably wasn't told to show some initiative, not very efficient on HYDRA'S part!

yep I'd say so, its as likely an explanation as any, he probably wasn't told to show some initiative, not very efficient on HYDRA'S part!

I actually like that in the movie. You get the impression Hydra/Pierce were being very careful in eliminating threats prior to Hydra's "Project Insight" party. We're not really told in the movie how long Fury had been suspicious of SHIELD for, it's only when he's literally knocking on the door of the truth that Pierce orders him "taken out", and Cap's been working at SHIELD for at least a year, right? Pierce, evil SOB that he is, would know Captain America is a big threat to their plans, but it isn't until he tries to fish him for information after Fury's "death" that he makes a move against him.

I also like how Winter Soldier was the backup in the attack on Fury - it isn't until it's clear Fury was going to escape that he steps in, and I think that would have been something ordered. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a scene in the movie at some point that implies they were hesitant about sending WS after Fury because it could pit him against Cap, and when they ordered him to take out Cap. In spite of their successful programming, all it takes is one sight of Steve's face and Steve calling his name that places doubts in his head, and afterward him saying "I knew him", and not "He knew me" says it all.

And that poster is on my wall, too! :hi5: I think I have more Marvel movie posters and character posters than all my other posters combined. :lol

I actually like that in the movie. You get the impression Hydra/Pierce were being very careful in eliminating threats prior to Hydra's "Project Insight" party. We're not really told in the movie how long Fury had been suspicious of SHIELD for, it's only when he's literally knocking on the door of the truth that Pierce orders him "taken out", and Cap's been working at SHIELD for at least a year, right? Pierce, evil SOB that he is, would know Captain America is a big threat to their plans, but it isn't until he tries to fish him for information after Fury's "death" that he makes a move against him.

I also like how Winter Soldier was the backup in the attack on Fury - it isn't until it's clear Fury was going to escape that he steps in, and I think that would have been something ordered. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a scene in the movie at some point that implies they were hesitant about sending WS after Fury because it could pit him against Cap, and when they ordered him to take out Cap. In spite of their successful programming, all it takes is one sight of Steve's face and Steve calling his name that places doubts in his head, and afterward him saying "I knew him", and not "He knew me" says it all.

And that poster is on my wall, too! :hi5: I think I have more Marvel movie posters and character posters than all my other posters combined. :lol

I'm actually surprised they sent the goon squad after Fury instead of just sending the Winter Soldier, since he's the assassin, but after reading what you said about Hydra being cautious about who they killed prior to insight it makes more sense, although Why would they be? I would think they would want to eliminate any potential threats to their plans as soon as possible instead of giving them a chance to foil them. Then there's the Cap thing, if they didnt want the WS going up against cap then why send him to kill Sitwell when Cap was with him

I'm actually surprised they sent the goon squad after Fury instead of just sending the Winter Soldier, since he's the assassin, but after reading what you said about Hydra being cautious about who they killed prior to insight it makes more sense, although Why would they be? I would think they would want to eliminate any potential threats to their plans as soon as possible instead of giving them a chance to foil them. Then there's the Cap thing, if they didnt want the WS going up against cap then why send him to kill Sitwell when Cap was with him

Well, Hydra was still flying under the radar within SHIELD -and I got the impression they needed to be until Project Insight was completed. If a lot of high profile/famous SHIELD agents like Fury and Cap were taken out that would could cause scrutiny too early when they weren't ready for it. They got to be as powerful as they became by being snakes in the grass.

I think WS was sent after Cap because Pierce knew they were out of options and Project Insight was too important to them not to risk it - I mean, who else could stand a chance against Cap? They threw a bunch of hardcore dudes at Cap at SHIELD and he rendered everyone of them in the elevator unconscious. Guys like Rumlow didn't stand a chance against Steve, and then there's Widow, who definitely adds to the challenge (speaking of Rumlow, they're gonna have to supe him up in some way in Cap 3 if he returns, otherwise I can't see him lasting long against Cap or Bucky, and Widow would get him, too, I think, though it would be a fairer fight).

Back