1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fight scenes in TWS were some of the best I've seen in a movie. So clean, but so brutal. I remember seeing it opening weekend and hearing people in the audience react during some of the scenes (the first knife scene always got that reaction). I'm beyond thrilled they brought that guy over into AOU - I don't want Cap to go back to how he was in Avengers.

As for villains.....I don't have a villains shelf. I have........*drumroll*......Loki. :yess: :lol He's a great villain, and he's also an amazing character in general, and in my top 3 MCU characters.

The only other villain I would like to get but haven't yet is Red Skull, mainly because of my love for Hugo Weaving. Most of the villains in the MCU haven't made me want to spend $200+ on their figures. The only Iron Man villain I enjoyed was Stane (hated the rest, honestly), but not enough to pay out the hefty price for Iron Monger. The Chitauri are really neat figures and would look great with Loki, but they're nobodies for me so for the kind of money these figures cost I can't justify it. Malekith was also a nobody to me.

I think the only solid (well written, portrayed, set up) villains have been Loki, Stane, and those in TWS.

Where's the Winter Soldier in all this? Well, I think he was a perfect foil/antagonist for Cap in TWS, but I've never seen him as a villain. I could see myself putting the figure in an action pose against Cap if I decide to go the "scene" route with my displays, but he wouldn't work for me on a villains shelf because I see him as Bucky first and foremost.

The fight scenes in TWS were some of the best I've seen in a movie. So clean, but so brutal. I remember seeing it opening weekend and hearing people in the audience react during some of the scenes (the first knife scene always got that reaction). I'm beyond thrilled they brought that guy over into AOU - I don't want Cap to go back to how he was in Avengers.

As for villains.....I don't have a villains shelf. I have........*drumroll*......Loki. :yess: :lol He's a great villain, and he's also an amazing character in general, and in my top 3 MCU characters.

The only other villain I would like to get but haven't yet is Red Skull, mainly because of my love for Hugo Weaving. Most of the villains in the MCU haven't made me want to spend $200+ on their figures. The only Iron Man villain I enjoyed was Stane (hated the rest, honestly), but not enough to pay out the hefty price for Iron Monger. The Chitauri are really neat figures and would look great with Loki, but they're nobodies for me so for the kind of money these figures cost I can't justify it. Malekith was also a nobody to me.

I think the only solid (well written, portrayed, set up) villains have been Loki, Stane, and those in TWS.

Where's the Winter Soldier in all this? Well, I think he was a perfect foil/antagonist for Cap in TWS, but I've never seen him as a villain. I could see myself putting the figure in an action pose against Cap if I decide to go the "scene" route with my displays, but he wouldn't work for me on a villains shelf because I see him as Bucky first and foremost.

I agree about Winter Soldier, it's hard to see him as a villain knowing who he is. I do like your selective process also, I'm sure it yields a great amount of appreciation to the figures you do buy and I respect that. I need to learn to be more selective

:bow

I agree about Winter Soldier, it's hard to see him as a villain knowing who he is. I do like your selective process also, I'm sure it yields a great amount of appreciation to the figures you do buy and I respect that. I need to learn to be more selective

That is becoming increasingly difficult because of how stunning their figures have been lately. Even unnecessary secondary characters are hard to pass up. It was hard enough for me to not get civilian steve...but I caved on every other figure in TWS line including this which I thought would be an easy pass. And I'm already planning on 4 GotG figures and I thought I wouldn't even glimpse at that line :slap

That is becoming increasingly difficult because of how stunning their figures have been lately. Even unnecessary secondary characters are hard to pass up. It was hard enough for me to not get civilian steve...but I caved on every other figure in TWS line including this which I thought would be an easy pass. And I'm already planning on 4 GotG figures and I thought I wouldn't even glimpse at that line :slap

give-in-to-the-dark-side.png

tumblr_n6m0asUkds1siq9w8o1_500.gif

Here's the photo of the rifle I got from eBay, sorry they are 2 days late

Size Comparison with Punisher

This is how the bi-pod locks in on the rifle

Legs of the bi-pod have a square notch

So you can "click" them in depending on the orientation you want them to sit in

Here's a top view of the hole pegs, so you can adjust where you want the scope to sit

Sorry about the blurry pic

Some of the other accessories that comes with the gun

bullets, phone, binoculars, different angled grip, extra clip, and this peg (bottom left) which I have no clue what its for

let me know if there is any other pics I can provide

I believe that little peg goes on the stock. I've seen other pics of this rifle, with a small peg sticking in the bottom of the stock that would go into the shoulder of the shooter. I'll see if I can find a pic.

I'm not nearly as selective when it comes to the MCU as I have been with other stuff in the past, believe it or not! :lol I'm usually more picky. It kind of tells of how awesome the MCU is to me that I've gone as crazy as I have with it - it's the characters, specifically. I'm a character person and I buy based on how much I love a character, followed by how much I love the world/franchise. It's nothing but love for the characters that make me want an individual movie display for several sets of figures, an Avengers based display, and a civilian set display. :thud:

Not too many of the villains have captured me like the heroes.

Back