1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time this thread dies a slow death a year or so from now, people will say this sculpt looks more like (insert random celebrity's name here) than Harrison Ford.

I ordered separately. Gonna use the heavy blaster from the sideshow delux sandtrooper set for Chewy and the extra stromtrooper
belts and blaster for Han. There's my exclusives.

HMMM happy that KIM didn't get the call to sculpt this time, however, Kojun needs to tweak this sculpt all the same. I would estimate it is 85% there, and it needs to be better. I think that will happen and I am going to PO the 2 Pack soon. What an awesome announcement to get.

I agree wholeheartedly

Best Solo sculpt has yet to be determined. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411595398.631858.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411595414.740231.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411595425.763902.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411595451.992481.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411595497.732148.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411595508.552276.jpg
You decide. I'm going with Hot Toys.

Thanks for the pics jedijim!
I've always thought Sideshow's ANH sculpt to be the best, but really let down by mediocre paint apps.
Any pics of the customizer's versions?

I think it looks like Ford, but doesn't pop the way Luke did. It's the expression. I like it enough. Chewie, ugh, really? Am I the only one who thinks it looks derpy? Like a sad, crosseyed, giant Ewok.

Pre-ordered on BBTS! Since they also have the EX, I don't think it will sell out that quickly so there's a chance to use a future coupon on the set and get RP from SSC.

I got the 2 pack from bbts and Han from SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say the Majority like Chewie and some folks think Han needs more work.

I don't think the sculpt needs work, it needs to b thrown out and a new one made in its place. But I don't expect that to happen - I fully expect this is the one that will be released, just like most other of their proto sculpts. It will no doubt look better in-hand and in some photographs. If there Indy can be dramatically improved by lighting and shadows, so too can this one.

It suffers exactly the same problem many other Hot Toys sculpts do. There's a certain amount of generic traits and improvements made which remove a lot of what makes the actor's face unique. It's like the sculptors have been looking through vaseline-covered lenses at the source material. Even their really good sculpts suffer from this to lesser degrees, including Superman and Bespin Luke. Their sculptors are decent, but they need to be pushed and directed more firmly by a project manager/creative director.

Back