1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love him. That's why I only pop in here every few days to see if the hate-fest is still going on, see that it is, and leave.

I like (not love) him. I'd call it a hope-it-improves-fest (with a couple o' haters tossed in.):lol

I think anyone who says it looks nothing like Ford is confusing their unconscious desire to see a specific expression of Ford's Han Solo that sticks in their minds with a disparity of likeness.

Either that or they have working eyes.

I think anyone who says it looks nothing like Ford is confusing their unconscious desire to see a specific expression of Ford's Han Solo that sticks in their minds with a disparity of likeness. The Hot Toys sculpt looks great to me. If you showed me that one day and told me no other info about it with no other identifying markers and asked me "who is this?" I would say Harrison Ford.

Either that or they have working eyes.

There y'go Roger, basement stoner Jabba guff terminated and normal service has resumed. So much more consequential :lol

You've been around long enough to know that OT discussion is the norm once initial thoughts on the figure have been dispensed and before the figure has shipped. If you're bored, you have options.

... like bong, blunt or joint. Or for OT purists, there's the hookah pipe.

Exhibit A:

Video of Chewie with freaky lips

I disagree. Evidence that it would be Han Solo:

Harrison Ford MTV Interview; said:
In May 1968, Harrison Ford was hired as a stagehand and second camera assistant by his friend Paul Ferrara, official photographer of the band at that time, who was in charge of filming a new documentary about The Doors's tour of 1968 called "Feast of Friends". It is known Harrison helped with the cameras and also did some filming as well.

"When it was over I was one step away from joining a Jesuit Monastery. I couldn't keep up with those guys it was too much. I was part of the camera crew...second camera. I don't think any of it was in focus, not a bit of it." Harrison Ford

Last edited:
Is it 2015 yet?

tumblr_mfznecyUqi1r3ovdbo1_400.gif

Wow, never saw that either. I do remember coked Carrie stories a couple of years back but missed that bit.

Amazing I've seen these movies so many times and you can still see so many surprising things. A buddy of mine recently pointed out a cockroach on Bespin that Chewie stands on - it's so obvious yet no one ever seemed to see it before...

Wow, I've seen those movies more times than I can count and never noticed the roach or the coke nail...

In the DVD commentary, Carrie Fisher relates that during some of the London filming, she stayed a house rented from Eric Idle. Idle and the Pythons were filming Life of Brian (1979) at the time. One evening, Idle had a small party, including Harrison Ford and The Rolling Stones, and served a potent liquor (which the Pythons had been distributing to extras on their film, to help boost morale) that he referred to as "Tunisian Table Cleaner". They stayed up most of the night drinking and having fun. The first scenes shot the next day were the arrival at Cloud City, which she says helps explain why she and Ford were so happy in those scenes. Idle is said to be pleased that he had a small hand in how the finished film turned out.

Back